• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waterside Point in Roper NC ?

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Showing up on II anyone know anything about them?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am sending a guest next week (opening week) and hope to get a report. Right now no amenities are available. Early July the pool, hot tub and fire pit are scheduled for completion. Currently only one building is complete for a total of 12 (I believe) two and three bedroom condos. It is on the Albemarle Sound across from Edonton, NC. It is about an hour and a half from the outerbanks.

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Thanks, let me know after your guests get back if you have a chance. Sounds peaceful.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is near Elon College in NC and that is all I know.

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
I found a telephone number from II but no one answers - does anyone have a contact name or number. I am interested in trying this place out but want to verify the pool will be operational before we book. Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I found a telephone number from II but no one answers - does anyone have a contact name or number. I am interested in trying this place out but want to verify the pool will be operational before we book. Thanks
Pool is scheduled to open week of 4th of July. No guarantee that it won't be delayed. There are 12 units. Opening week my guest was the only guest. The elevator wasn't working the first day and there was a delay in cable tv installation. They are still working some other bugs (not literal) out. I haven't booked yet but probably will for late July.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I attached a picture of the pool as it appeared last week. They were working on it. I put in a request to add it to the TUG database so I can give the review that I was given.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 207

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is near Elon College in NC and that is all I know.
Elon is in Burlington, NC--waaaay further than an hour and a half from the OBX, and not really anywhere near Edenton (or the coast, or any significant body of water, for that matter.)

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
thanks for the review - very helpful - Please if anyone else goes please post any info on building or area.

Bettymcg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Festiva, and Capital Resorts
Showing up on II anyone know anything about them?
I am there now and the condo is gorgeous! Spacious and comfortable, with balconies that look out over the sound. Probably the nicest timeshare condo I have ever stayed in. Pool isn't finished and grounds need more work but it will soon be great. Location is off the beaten path. About 60 miles to the Outer Banks and a few miles to Edenton. 25 miles to Elizabeth City and the nearest WalMart!

Bettymcg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the pool, playground, etc. on June 17, 3017. Supposed to be finished by July 4.

Bettymcg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kitchen in our condo. Walk in closets, two balconies, three bedrooms.
IMG_20170613_200527.jpg

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a Capital Resorts facebook group at Capital Resorts Condo Owners

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Thanks - booked a week for my niece hope pool is open - we are going down for a few days to check it out.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're about to book Thanksgiving week here. gjhardt, how was your trip? We called the resort and confirmed that at least the hot tub would still be open then. My mother has never been to the OBX before and we thought this would be a great resort to host Thanksgiving in and then explore via day trips.

Mcdearmid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings creek plantation Williamsburg Va
I own a unit at kings creek plantation in Williamsburg va. I am a member of rci. Would I have option to stay here?

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
My niece loved the unit but had to drive to do much with the kids But the family needed some down time and she found it to be perfect for those days. They drove to the outer banks two days. She said the units are really nice.
I didn't make it down to check it out for myself.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
My niece loved the unit but had to drive to do much with the kids But the family needed some down time and she found it to be perfect for those days. They drove to the outer banks two days. She said the units are really nice.
I didn't make it down to check it out for myself.
I was thinking of exchanging into this resort but felt that driving 25+ miles to do things would be a pain. This summer we exchanged into the Garland Resort and the town was so tiny and you had to drive 40 miles to the biggest town to get anything. This showed me that I'm a city girl and I'm not good doing the country thing.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're about to book Thanksgiving week here. gjhardt, how was your trip? We called the resort and confirmed that at least the hot tub would still be open then. My mother has never been to the OBX before and we thought this would be a great resort to host Thanksgiving in and then explore via day trips.
Amy, Did you end up going? Was the hot tub still open? What did you think? Did you end up on the end units without the direct water view, I have a feeling that may be where the II exchangers end up.
It's quite remote even though its only a little over an hour to the OBX.

Bettymcg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is only one building and I think all the units have water views? Although I guess it is possible that the two on the end might not. At this time of year you should get any unit you want!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Amy, Did you end up going? Was the hot tub still open? What did you think? Did you end up on the end units without the direct water view, I have a feeling that may be where the II exchangers end up.
It's quite remote even though its only a little over an hour to the OBX.

We did! And it was! We loved the fact that there was an onsite manager there 24/7. We ended up in the unit next to his, and he got up every morning very early and opened the hot tub for us. We got into the habit of watching the sunrise from the hot tub each morning, and then having sunset cocktail happy hour from the hot tub each late afternoon/early evening. The fire pit was nice, too. I really liked the fact that the "resort" was so small--just 11 total units in the one building that has been built.

The units were built originally as whole-ownership condos and they are HUGE. We commented that it was definitely the largest kitchen we've ever had the pleasure of cooking Thanksgiving dinner in. (There was even a separate prep sink in the ginormous island--what a treat!) The dining room is also really large--we figured out that the table concealed two additional leaves, so we were able to extend it for Thanksgiving. We invited Danny, the GM, to come eat with us, which he did. (There was an unfortunate situation with a fire alarm issue our first night....let's just say, we all got to know Danny very well over the course of the week.)

We have a whole list of recommendations for them, but most of them are small tweaks. I missed having a DVD player. I loved having a chest of drawers with both a cedar drawer *and* a felt-lined jewelry drawer--even in the guest bedroom! Having a half-bath off the hallway, not shared by a bedroom, made life so much nicer for the three nights we gave up the guest bedroom to my in-laws for the pullout in the living room (not the best pullout I've ever slept on, but perfectly serviceable.) (My mother and young daughter shared the master.) Both master and guest bedrooms have full en suites and king beds.

We were in a two-bedroom end unit, facing away from the water. However, our porch was HUGE, and ran the entire length of the unit, so we had fantastic sunset views over the water from the end of the porch (where they have a set of chairs and a small table set up,) in addition to a regular patio dining table and a set of four more chairs. it was too cool most days for us to eat outside, but one day it did get nice enough in the sun that we played cards out there. Also, the set up meant that while there wasn't a view of the water from the living/dining area, each bedroom had a *fantastic* view of the water. Honestly, there are no bad units here, but the guest bedroom interior two-bedroom units look onto the walkway (as compared to the water) and won't have a great view. (However, those units will have a view of the water from their living/dining room. Those units also had a *much smaller* kitchen/dining/living room footprint.)

We had a great time--we spent a day exploring Edenton (there's a honest-to-goodness full service, two story local department in the heart of downtown Edenton, something that I thought no longer existed in the US in the 20teens,) a day on Manteo, a day on the OBX, an afternoon at Lake Phelps--it was very much a "back in touch with each and with nature" kind of trip. Just what I needed. My daughter loved the hot tub, and she picked up three more Jr. Ranger badges from the three different national parks we visited.

In the summer, it would be a very different kind of trip. (The infinity pool looked beautiful, but only my daughter dared a "polar plunge" once or twice.) In future expansion phases, they are planning for an activities center and an indoor pool. No sales staff, and no offer of a pitch. The whole trip was delightful and refreshing.