*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Waterside by Spinnaker - Special Assesment

Discussion in 'US - East Coast Timesharing' started by ownsmany, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ownsmany

ownsmany TUG Member

Just opened the mail & I'm got a special assessment fee of $680 ! I just bought 2 weeks at the resort - so I guess I have another $680 bill coming.

For those that owned there - did you know the special assesment was coming? I specifically asked the sellers about any s.a. that they knew of.

Are the one bedroom units also $680 special assessment or lower?

How many times in the past has waterside had a special assessment?

2. elaine

elaine TUG Member

absolutely no word about this!!!

we have not gotten our bill yet--I have not heard a single word about this coming---I am going to be very @#$(@# to say the least--but I also have to say that, in looking at what Marriott maintenance fees for HHI units are, it appears that even with the SA, that maint. fees and SA are still lower than Marriott annual fees--which appear to be about $2K for a 2 BR HHI, according to some recent M postings.

3. ownsmany

ownsmany TUG Member

I also own 2 Marriott Grande Oceans that I had to pay sa fees this year on also. I hate to even think about adding up the extra special assesments this year.

4. ownsmany

ownsmany TUG Member

Maybe it is only the maint fee. I was told the mf was included in my settlement (closing). Maybe the resort is not seeing the pymt of the mf.

I'm not used to seeing the words "assessment fee" instead of maintenance fee.

5. Dave M

Dave M TUG Lifetime Member

Yes, I think that's your maintenance fee. I received my bill and paid it and there was no special assessment.

Check your closing papers. If you paid the 2007 MF through closing, it will be included in the closing documents. You want to ensure that you don't pay it twice! If you closed before the first of this year, it's likely that the closing didn't include the 2007 fee, since the amounts weren't yet known.

6. BarCol

BarCol TUG Member

OMG ... I just bought 2 weeks there as well and like you specifically asked about a special assessment and was not told of one coming - Or if it's actually the 2007 maintenance fee, can my flip flopping stomach settle down now???

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  7. wrkirt

wrkirt TUG Member

We own every other even year and have not received any notice of a special assessment; lets hope its just your maintenance fee you have to pay. Besides Marriotts new resort, Waterside is the newest and was susposed to be the last timeshare built on HHI so special assessments should not be coming for quite a few years.

8. ownsmany

ownsmany TUG Member

I called Waterside today & they never called me back. Maybe the office was closed for the Holiday? I'll try again tomorrow. Hope it is the MF.

9. elaine

elaine TUG Member

fyi-last year my maint. fees said "assessment fee"

and it was mailed 1/26/06---so I am pretty certain that the ones you guys got this is just the 2007 maint. fee. I haven't received mine yet, but last year, a 3 BR was $628, so $680 for a 3 BR this year would be about right.

10. elaine

elaine TUG Member

confirmed with Spinnaker--this is maint. fee

maint. fee--not SA