• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Want to sell Westin Princeville TS. Looking for LTRBA broker recommendation.

Kevin Koithan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
Hi everyone,

I want to sell my Vistana Westin Princeville Timeshare. After doing some research, it seems that getting a LTRBA broker to help sell it seems like a good choice. Does anyone have a recommendation on a particular broker? One broker asked for a $2000 fee, which seems a bit high. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Hi everyone,

I want to sell my Vistana Westin Princeville Timeshare. After doing some research, it seems that getting a LTRBA broker to help sell it seems like a good choice. Does anyone have a recommendation on a particular broker? One broker asked for a $2000 fee, which seems a bit high. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

A $2,000 brokers' commission for selling a timeshare is not excessive. But it should be paid from the sale escrow, never upfront.

I would contact Syed Sarmad of Advantage Vacations on Maui; I have done multiple transactions with him.

Kevin Koithan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
Robert,

Thanks for your timely advice. I have contacted Syed Sarmad and hope to use him to help with my Westin Princeville Timeshare sale.

Regards,
Kevin

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if a broker claiming to be an LTRBA member asked for $2000 up front, you should report them to the LTRBA immediately. all legitimate licenced brokers work on commission only.

Kevin Koithan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
They didn't ask for the $2000 up front. They said that is what they would charge after the sale. Sorry for the confusion.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah ok...understood.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Just out of curiosity, as i not yet sold a timeshare.. Do most of brokers work on percent basis or charge a flat fee to market and sell the unit?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
When we sold our WPORV unit a few years ago, our broker worked on a flat fee basis. His fee at the time was $1600. He did a good job and the unit was sold in about two months.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just out of curiosity, as i not yet sold a timeshare.. Do most of brokers work on percent basis or charge a flat fee to market and sell the unit?
If the value of the timeshare is high enough, they may work on a percentage, but if it is a fairly low value timeshare, then they probably want a flat fee. Some may charge a percentage with a set minimum commission.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks all, that makes sense!

Jon R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
Hi Kevin Koithan -
Have you had any success selling your Westin Princeville share?
We have one as well and are looking to sell. I spoke with Sellmytimesharenow but after reading negative reviews, have moved away from them.
Would appreciate your insight. Thanks, Jon

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I recommend Syed Sarmad of Advantage Vacations, too - honest and knowledgeable. He is a TUG member and contributes great info. to TUG.

However, please be aware that unfortunately, WPORV doesn't have a high resale value, and any sales person that tells you otherwise is misleading you to get an upfront fee.

Jon R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
Thanks Denise. I'm trying to understand why WPORV has a low resale value...I mean, it's beautiful Princeville, Kauai... is it something more to do with it being a Westin?

Also, what about trying to list it privately like on Craigslist? Any thoughts on that?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
[Added later - I agree that this is a beautiful resort, and Kauai is my favorite island, but on the resale market, it doesn't do as well as Maui:]

1) It is a voluntary resort - the new buyer doesn't get the Staroptions (and no resales get Starpoints)
2) It is on Kauai - which is not nearly as popular as Maui
3) It is not on the beach
4) It has no deeded views

I would not use Craigslist to sell a quality timeshare - too many scammers and clueless people there.

I would post Ads on TUG and Redweek, and then use LT Transfers for a professional title transfer.

However, as a professional, Syed may be able to get more for it than you can, and he will walk you through the whole process.

Last edited:

Kevin Koithan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
Hi Kevin Koithan -
Have you had any success selling your Westin Princeville share?
We have one as well and are looking to sell. I spoke with Sellmytimesharenow but after reading negative reviews, have moved away from them.
Would appreciate your insight. Thanks, Jon

I just got a pending offer yesterday

Jon R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
That's great news. I think we have similar shares (2br lock off, biennial, even year). Would you mind telling the offer price?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
If this is for an EY WPORV - VSE may use their ROFR at $4500. At least according to recent reports.
Let us know how it went - good luck. That is quite a loss as EY WPORV sold for $48-56K.
The main issue is that it is a Voluntary resort - if it were Mandatory, it would have significantly higher resale value.

Jon R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
If this is for an EY WPORV - VSE may use their ROFR at $4500. At least according to recent reports.
Let us know how it went - good luck. That is quite a loss as EY WPORV sold for $48-56K.
The main issue is that it is a Voluntary resort - if it were Mandatory, it would have significantly higher resale value.

Sorry David, I'm a bit of a newbie to the forum. Could you please explain all the acronyms...VSE? ROFR? Thanks.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sorry David, I'm a bit of a newbie to the forum. Could you please explain all the acronyms...VSE? ROFR? Thanks.

Please feel free to join us on the VSE forum.
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/vistana-signature-experiences-formerly-starwood.51/

VSE = Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood Vacation Ownership) has Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Clubs.

ROFR - Right of First Refusal - meaning option for Developer (like VSE) to purchase upon resale.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
EY = every year = you have usage of your timeshare every year

EOY = every other year = you have usage every other year.

VSE = Vistana Signature Experiences = the management Co. that bought out Starwood

ROFR = right of first refusal =Vistana can buy your timeshare at the price your buyer agreed to, if they want to. Buyer won't be happy, but you get paid.

Jon R

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
Gotcha, thanks all. Does anyone have a sense of how often VSE triggers that right?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi @DeniseM
I removed my 'We are SF' from photo - and we won a game!
ps. I retired 2 weeks ago... woohoo!

@Jon R - there is an acronym list in VSE forum stickies - Owner Resources
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...-acronyms-resorts-etc-updated-12-23-07.60852/

@Syed may have best idea of ROFR - I hear that the WPORV ROFR has been increasing, but I could be biased since I own there. I bought (from SVO!) knowing I would lose upon resale, but that is not issue if not sold. We love WPORV, but I reserve exactly 12 months out - I almost bought a specific fixed week-fixed villa there, but missed it. Only the HH sections of WPORV could be sold as a separate view category.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should talk to Syed - he is very knowledgeable about ROFR. But honestly, it doesn't make much difference, because the seller gets paid either way.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sigh.... The Giants.... Only bright spot right now is Arroyo.