TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Waikoloa Ocean Club Questions

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by Aztraveler, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Aztraveler

Aztraveler TUG Member

We are considering electing points for one of our MOC enrolled weeks for October 2018 use. (I know the deadline is September 30, for my ownership classification.) We are considering a trip back to the Big Island since we have not been there for many years. We have read Norma's excellent review (Thank You!), but are still debating a Pool or Ocean View. Since we will be at MOC with an Ocean Front view the following week, I think a pool view is fine, but DW is not so sure. Please give me any tips regarding views, building or room location requests that we should consider.
    Thank you,
    Greg T.
    (but not the famous Tugger, Greg T.)

2. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    We are doing that exact thing in October. We have an OF unit in Maui and then 6 nights in a Pool view at Waikoloa. We have been to the resort before the conversion, but never stayed in one of the rooms. My guess was that the Ocean view wouldn't be that great, especially compared to Maui, so why use the extra points. Norma's review supported my initial thoughts, but we won't know until we see what the view looks like from our assigned unit.

You are going to Maui after the Big Island, which I actually think is a more advantageous order. The OF view at Maui is outstanding, so I suspect that any view at Waikoloa will be less impactful. I wish our order was that way, but we will "suffer" through it.

Good luck and have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

3. vacationtime1

vacationtime1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MAW & MKW (Kauai)
    WKORV-OF (Maui)
    WKV x3 (Scottsdale)
    This must be a popular trip; we are doing the same in January. Six days at the Waikoloa Ocean Club in a one bedroom OV using points followed by a week in our Maui OF unit (WKORV).

Don't "suffer" too much, Mike.