• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VSE Survey

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I got an email today about a VSE survey. Will take it soon when I have more time. Just wondering if it looks like past surveys...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know what past surveys looked like, but it was a bunch of question about how we like to vacation, booking online vs on the phone. Not much that would be telling about what direction they may or may not be taking new developments or clues to future plans.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I got an email today about a VSE survey. Will take it soon when I have more time. Just wondering if it looks like past surveys...

Very similar. Maybe a tad shorter. My take was, they aren't planning any major changes. (Like when they added checking in any day of the week and stays of more than 7 days at 8 month mark etc.)

undrpar64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just hit "delete"
There are very few surveys that I participate in, however this is one of the few that I always take the time to complete. It is one of the few ways I can leave my opinion without being on property(WKOR). It provides a way to express what you feel they are doing right and also to let them know that you are also not just unhappy but very unhappy with certain things. Two of those unhappy events involves the online booking system and the lack of ability to split a lock-off and be assured you will be able to get the second week in succession. I feel that multiple week owners(same resort) should have that function available. It was there prior to the online ressie system and is now the luck of draw as to whether you can book successive weeks. By using the numbering system they have on the survey(1-10) you can show just how good or bad you feel about certain things. Rant over.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call me jaded, but after owning Starwood/Vistana since 2003, I have not seen them respond well to owner wishes. And when they finally do implement something new, its usually 5-8 years past when it first should have been done.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I thought there was emphasis on activities including dining experiences and how much I liked them and how I liked to book them and how often before the vacation I liked to book them.

undrpar64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought there was emphasis on activities including dining experiences and how much I liked them and how I liked to book them and how often before the vacation I liked to book them.
I don't know that I would call it an emphasis on those things as the entire vistana experience is included in the survey. By choosing between 1-10(poor to excellent), a respondent can choose what they are extremely happy with and what they think Vistana needs to improve on. My responses were probably 75% favorable(7-10), 55% average(4-7), and 20% poor(1-3). I am very happy with my vacations at WKOR, however the online initial reservation experience leaves me in a less than good mood. Several times I had to cancel the first reservation because I could not get the second week consecutively. These reservations were all made online as soon to 12.00 A.M. as I could get on. Granted they were in whale season, but with the number of wkorvn OF I find it hard to believe that Saturday and Sunday check-ins are all used up in the first couple minutes.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I made sure I put in comments. Since they were vague in what they were going for, I wasn't vague in what I was. I also voiced my displeasure over them starting to try to nickel & dime us over putting a name on a reservation. They took the function away online then tried to say it was to cover incurred administrative costs. It can be easily done online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call me jaded, but after owning Starwood/Vistana since 2003, I have not seen them respond well to owner wishes. And when they finally do implement something new, its usually 5-8 years past when it first should have been done.
Later is better than never. I am not supporting or justifying them.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I was on the Vistana site and noticed that they added banking online. That's an improvement. Baby steps.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was on the Vistana site and noticed that they added banking online. That's an improvement. Baby steps.
I saw the big ad today. Haven't they been doing that for a while? You can also convert to SPG online now.

blondietink

Reaction score
Didn't get a survey yet.