*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Vri Fixed Week Calendar

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by wincap, Mar 3, 2010.

1. wincap

wincap Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Could someone please explain why week 8 at the Villages of Loon Mountain is different from other VRI Resorts? Their week 8 is a week later than I would expect, and their week 1 starts on Jan 8. Why would this be, and who determines the weeks? Is it VRI or the individual resort? I Just don’t understand the rational. I guess not all week 8’s are the same.

2. Craig

Craig TUG Member

VRI Resorts

Brewster Green Resort, Crown Point Condominiums, Sand Pebble Resort, and Village of Loon Mountain are all off a week compared to the standard calendar. I've often wondered why as well... :shrug:

3. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

It's the resort --- not VRI...

It's not VRI (the management entity) that defines "weeks" --- it's the individual resort itself.

I don't know why your identified resort weeks are different, but I can tell you that I own several weeks at two different VRI managed resorts and all of those "Saturday to Saturday" weeks are completely in synch with the "standard" weeks calendar, in which the "weeks" year begins on the first Saturday of each new calendar year.

Fwiw, I am also aware of another VRI managed facility (at which I am not an owner) which is "Friday to Friday" --- the only such "friday to Friday" resort within a several hundred mile radius of its' location. :shrug:

4. SailBadtheSinner

SailBadtheSinner TUG Member

I'm not sure that this applies to what the OP was asking, but here is the way that the Harbor Ridge Resort calendar can be different. HR has about 1/2 the units checking in on Saturday and the other 1/2 on Sunday. As long as the new year starts from Monday to Saturday, everyone checking in will be checking in for the same week, for instance week 1. But if the new year starts on the Sunday, that week will be the first week for the Sunday owners; however, the Saturday owners won't be checking in until the 7th of January for their week 1 while during the same weekend the Sunday owners will be checking in on the 8th of January for the start of their week 2. For the entire year, each weekend will be a checkin for different weeks. So what HR does, is change the calendar so that for week 1 checkins for Saturday would be January 7 and week 1 checkins for Sunday would be January 8. Each weekend checkin will be for the same week whether the week starts on Saturday or Sunday. Anyway, that is how I understand it.

SBtS