*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Vistana Villages resort map?

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by Loriannf, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Loriannf

Loriannf TUG Member

Does anyone have one of these that they could scan and email me? We'll be going there in August and I would like an idea where things are.

Thanks.

Lori

P.S. Maybe we can set up a collection of resort maps for Starwood much like they're doing on the Marriott threads. I'd be happy to add my WSJ.

L

2. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

if you post the info..or email it to me at tug@tug2.net Ill include it in the review page.

3. bigbillf

bigbillf TUG Member

We were just there and unfortunately VV was handing out pretty crappy photo copies of the resort map. I could barely read it so I just threw it out day one. However, the resort is not very large and main section are buildings in a circle surrounding a lake and the main pools and activity center are at the resort entrance. All buildings are well marked and plenty of parking spaces. It is pretty easy to figure out. The Key's section is off the main section in the rear and they have an activity center and looked like a smaller pool. The newest section (buildings 27-30) are being contructed to the right as you enter the main gate and does not look like they have any activities built there yet.

The resort is on Internation Drive just past Vineland Rd.? (near Publix, Orlando Premium Outlets and Dixie Stampede) real easy to get to/from the Airport and to Sea World and pretty close to 535 for Disney.

4. Loriannf

Loriannf TUG Member

Thanks for the info

Bill:

What I was really trying to determine is what location would be best for two families with 4 children? And, is one of the pools zero-entry (there's an 18 month old on the trip)?

Thanks.

Lori

5. Pedro

Pedro TUG Member

Yes, there is a zero-entry pool. On that section of the pool the water is just knee-deep, perfect for babies and todlers.

6. bigbillf

bigbillf TUG Member

I went to Star Central and they have a map of the original section. We were in building 7 and it was a short walk to the pool. In fact with kids, bring some bread or Cheerios and you can feed some ducks on the way. Buildings 1 through 8 all seem to have easy access to the main pool/activity center. Even 9 and 10 are a bit farther but still not too far.

I attached a jpg file of the resort map of the original section.

As far as attractions, Sea World is only an easy couple minutes away.

Enjoy your stay.

Bigbillf

PS The kiddie section of the pool is between "M" and "H" in the resort map.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  7. jannino

jannino Guest

This map does not include the new buildings which are to the right of the main pool. Note that there is a large area behind these new buildings where they are working on putting up more new buildings and a new pool which I was told will have slides. What disturbed me was the fact that management counld not tell me how many buikdings would go up and when, only that it was based on how many they sold. Not a good situation to buy into, which we declined during our preview stay last month.

8. CMF

CMF TUG Member

Which of these is the Vistana Villages Amelia Building?

Which one?
    And, are the BBQ grills charcoal or gas?

Thanks,
    Charles

9. bward

bward TUG Member

Location of VV Amelia

Hi CMF,

None of the buildings in that resort map represent VV Amelia. That's all the original VV Bella phase.

Looking at the map, VV Amelia is across the parking lot from Building One.

If you want to find the new VV Keys section, that's also not on the map.
    Look between VV Bella's buildings 3 and 4 and you'll see a small road.
    That road leads to VV Keys.

I also cannot believe Starwood hasn't updated their VV map. Maybe they are waiting until ammenties like the new full service restaurant are up and running before they draw it all up. That's just a guess.

The grills, I believe, are charcoal.

bward