• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana resale II account

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
My resale II account is about to expire in 2 months. I received in the mail an offer to buy 2 years of II Platinum for $139 total. Is this a good deal and is there a better offer out there? The reason I'd use the platinum is for ShortStay exchanges of my SVR resale week. I wouldn't mind chopping it up into small vacations since I don't have staroptions on that week. Also I could use the discount off the getaways.

Has anyone else used their Vistana resale week for ShortStay exchanges?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
My resale II account is about to expire in 2 months. I received in the mail an offer to buy 2 years of II Platinum for $139 total. Is this a good deal and is there a better offer out there? The reason I'd use the platinum is for ShortStay exchanges of my SVR resale week. I wouldn't mind chopping it up into small vacations since I don't have staroptions on that week. Also I could use the discount off the getaways.

Has anyone else used their Vistana resale week for ShortStay exchanges?

I hate to burst your bubble but short stay option is not that great. I am including the FAQ, I think you will see a few things that make it undesirable. For the platinum offer make sure it includes your base membership cost too, I suspect it doesn't and is just for the platinum add on.

ShortStay Exchange FAQs

Q. Are ShortStay Exchanges refundable?

• All ShortStay Exchange confirmations are final transactions and non-refundable. Interval International’s Exchange Cancellation Policy does not apply to the ShortStay Exchange Program.

Q. How far in advance will ShortStay Exchange inventory become available?

• The majority of ShortStay Exchange inventory will be available within 30 days of check-in; however, every so often, there may be inventory available up to one year in advance of occupancy. Inventory is always changing, so please check back often.
Q. Can I place a pending request for a ShortStay Exchange?

• No, pending requests cannot be accepted for ShortStay Exchange.

Q. How will a resort's check-in/check-out schedule impact availability?

• Most resorts have check-in on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays; it is unlikely you will find a five-day stay that begins on a Wednesday or Thursday. To experience a greater rate of success, request a weekend check-in date for your ShortStay.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You don't need to be gold or platinum to see typical availability. You can look with a standard account. It will just tell you that you need to upgrade to book. I've never seen anything that tempted me in the Short Stay inventory. I am platinum for the free guest certs which I use one or two a year. I use one or two platinum escape stays a year to Williamsburg or Atlantic City and now a discount when upgrading in size.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Also, keep in mind that signing up for the gold or platinum will not extend your base membership. You will have to pay to keep your base membership active in order to take advantage of any gold or platinum benefits.

elleny76

Reaction score
I am confused.. I got a letter with some offers gold and platinum but it doesnt say my membership will expire?.. I though the basic II membership is included with my vistana TS.. I need to double check that ( resale here as well)

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am confused.. I got a letter with some offers gold and platinum but it doesnt say my membership will expire?.. I though the basic II membership is included with my vistana TS.. I need to double check that ( resale here as well)

OP probably has a resale voluntary resort, which means their week is not part of VSN so OP has to sign up and pay for a separate II membership.

I believe you have a resale mandatory resort, so your VSN fees cover your II membership.

Gold or Platinum II fees are added on top of basic membership with II.

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks Seagila! You are right I have Staroptions . My question now is would it be better to upgrade to platinum? If I transfer/deposit my week to II can I split that week and use for "days" booking? or still just exchange for weeks? I have been trying to get marriot aruba and I found in II a week /studio but I was thinking how about if there is a way to split that week and get only 5 days in Aruba instead of a full week? is this possible with platinum? thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks Seagila! You are right I have Staroptions . My question now is would it be better to upgrade to platinum? If I transfer/deposit my week to II can I split that week and use for "days" booking? or still just exchange for weeks? I have been trying to get marriot aruba and I found in II a week /studio but I was thinking how about if there is a way to split that week and get only 5 days in Aruba instead of a full week? is this possible with platinum? thanks
With Gold or Platinum II membership, you would have access to ShortStays. However, keep in mind that ShortStay tends to be properties in low demand high supply. They are also usually closer to checkin, perhaps five to one month out. You won't see stuff out there at 8-12 months very often if at all.

I think you said you were interested in Aruba. Aruba Marriott's have sometimes shown up in ShortStay in the fall which is low season.