• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Questions [Value of Sheraton Vistana Resort]

Reaction score
One more thing. Apparently we can also book at Vistana Beach Club in Hutchinson Island. What's that all about?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One more thing. Apparently we can also book at Vistana Beach Club in Hutchinson Island. What's that all about?

It is part of the Vistana Vacation Club (VVC), where only 2 phases in SVR - Lakes and Cascades are part of. It was written into the governing document that there is reciprocity in being able to book between these 2 phases and Vistana Beach Club (Jensen Beach) and PGA Vacation Resort at Port St. Lucie for no additional fee - I don't remember if it is both Vistana Beach Club and PGA Vacation Resort or one of them. If you would like, I can send you the governing document, and you can read about it starting from page 244 to around 270.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've attached the SVR Cascades version of the User Guide for VVC. It says that club was/is PGA and SVR Lakes and SVR Cascades. I don't see mention of VBC

Attachments

• vvc_cascades_userguide.pdf
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 69

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sounds kind of like Marriott's Florida Club.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
The maintenance fees are $922. Is that average?
No average, but you can get a really good idea of how it compares across the Vistana lineup by checking the maintenance fees thread at the top of the page, (2017 thread is http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/official-2017-vistana-maintenance-fee-thread.247362/ )
There is an online database referenced in the thread where you can pull the historical figures for any resort/phase to understand how they have changed over time.
Agree with most of the those who post here that you can rent for less than you would pay annually in MF, and not have to worry about the obligations of ownership. Owning SVR works well for me for a couple of reasons, and I manage to rent for what it costs me when not using, but that is a bit of work.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I see the deeded week and unit number too, i just didn't include that here. Is that needed to determine desirability?

Usually the week number indicates what season it falls in, using the SVN options chart, available on Vistana mgmt (VSE) website.
But definitive would be for your family member owner to request an estoppel from VSE.
Platinum/Platinum+ weeks are most desirable, at desirable resorts. Problem is the Vistana Resort in Orlando is very large with lots of units and Orlando is not as desirable due to over-supply.

The maintenance fees are $922. Is that average?
My Lakes unit is comparable, so sounds like it's a straight 2 BR unit. 2 BR lockoffs would have higher maintenance fees because the square footage is larger.

Maybe you could rent this unit from your family member for their maintenance fee to try it out.
Yes it's more than what you would pay for renting from someone else, but it is family...

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could rent this unit from your family member for their maintenance fee to try it out.
Yes it's more than what you would pay for renting from someone else, but it is family...

This is a great idea. If anyone could take a car they were thinking of buying out for a month before deciding to buy it for the cost equal to a months payment, we would all take advantage of that!

Pay the maintenance fee in exchange for use of the unit. Go and see what you think. Waiting 1 year for a decision shouldn't be a huge issue for them, although I don't know how much of a rush this is for them.

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to all of this but my wife's family is willing to give us the following timeshare:

Sheraton Vistana Resort
Fountains
Prime week, high
week 20

What can you guys tell us about it?
I like vistana resorts. It's a great vacation. If you are going to use it each year and you can afford it then take it. Note as a second hand time share I don't believe you will be allowed into the exchange program but others can comment on that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
I don't regret purchasing my 2 bedroom villa at SVR back in 1998 because of all of the family memories we have from our stays and our trades. However, I always tell people now that the game has changed over time and if I had the option to buy there now I would not.

Reaction score
I don't regret my purchase with vistana resorts. We have made many memories. We can afford the maintenance fees and the resort is kept up very well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
This resort is also all over sites like skyauction.com for 7 night stays less than the annual maint fee or similar to the maint depending on time of year. Go check for yourself ..sometimes even less than $500 per week. For that reason alone, I would be out. Why take on the liability, when you can rent a comparable week at the same resort for similar money or less.

True, you can rent during low season for sub-$500 occasionally; however, if you try renting during weeks 51/52 or during Easter good luck being able to find something that cheap. If you are constrained by the school calendar (as we will be for the next 12 years) then it can make sense to buy a week - even voluntary resale in certain circumstances.

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is Florida does not allow deficiency judgments on timeshare foreclosures. So once you don't want it you should be able to give it back and if they won't take it let them foreclose and they get the timeshare without a deficiency judgment.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk