• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP Platinums having difficulty in Pooling

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have 383,300 points left of my 2016 usage bucket.

However, wyndham is saying that only 139,000 are eligible to be pooled, as they can't figure out where almost 250K of them were sourced from.

Well I know where they are from my 2017 and 2018 expiring Pooled points that when I canceled a reservation, those points did not return to the Pooled point bucket.

So now they are saying that those 250K points are unassociated with a contract, but are in this years bucket. Well Wyndham your system put them there instead of putting them where they belonged. But now they will not let me pool them.

Sounds a lot like the issues that the root of the problems associated with frozen accounts.

So now I am trying to get an Audit to get this figured out. No way I have bookings to burn through an unplanned 250K in points between now and end of year. I do not want to deposit into RCI.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow this is mess. They must be out of trust. And punishing the owners for their ineptitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not surprised Wyndham would do this.

Getting rid of cancelled points seems to be the cause of all of this.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I talked to customer care and I have screen shots of my points at the beginning of the year and today. (I have a spreadsheet and verify my balance periodically). So I have proof that all my bookings for this year should be using only this years points or pooled points. Since at the start of the year I have a full allotment of this years points in my account.

My pooled points buckets are depleted but I still have 2016 Regular points left.

So I have someone in Customer Care figuring out what happened.

Lets hope they figure it out.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not surprised Wyndham would do this.

Getting rid of cancelled points seems to be the cause of all of this.

Yes it is indeed the source. The system code was incorrectly dumping points into wrong buckets.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It would seem these rules should be easy enough to code...... Points go back to the bucket they came from.

But clearly there is an error somewhere in the wyndham system.

Cancel Rules....

For reservations booked and cancelled on or after August 4, 2015, points will return as Regular Use Year Points associated with the original contract and will be eligible for all existing program benefits.

If a reservation is booked using Pool Credits and is cancelled, points will return to the Points Credit Pool as Pool Credits and will take on the expiration date of the original Pool Credits.

If a reservation is booked using Borrowed Points and the reservation is cancelled, the points will be returned as Regular Use Year Points to the Use Year from which they were borrowed.

If a reservation is booked using Rented Points and the reservation is cancelled, the points will return to the Use Year of the reservation as Regular Use Year Points. These points will not be returned to a specific contract and will not be eligible for ARP reservations.

If a reservation is booked using multiple point types and is cancelled, the points will be returned to their original state (excluding Rented Points, which will return as Regular Use Year Points to the year of the reservation).

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
They did the same thing to me . Said it was because my points were restacked and did not end up in to a contract with a number attached to it. This seems to be the standard statement.

Now they say I have to use them or deposit into RCI. I did request an audit and did she that my points were restacked so many times..

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They did the same thing to me . Said it was because my points were restacked and did not end up in to a contract with a number attached to it. This seems to be the standard statement.

Now they say I have to use them or deposit into RCI. I did request an audit and did she that my points were restacked so many times..

That was the exact wording they used for me too.

I have NOT restacked my points at all this year. Since the new cancel policy was put in place, at least.

I had a full allotment of this year and next years points at the beginning of the year, I sure hope they figure it out, as I do not want 250K in RCI.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham owns RCI, right?

Way more exchange fees would be coming into the corporate coffers, right?

And then, if we send our extended family to USE all these RCI exchanges, we will get our RCI member numbers FROZEN for supposedly renting RCI exchanges, right?

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham owns RCI, right?

Way more exchange fees would be coming into the corporate coffers, right?

And then, if we send our extended family to USE all these RCI exchanges, we will get our RCI member numbers FROZEN for supposedly renting RCI exchanges, right?

All signs point to yes.

abeachbum

Reaction score
I too am in the same situation. Only with me it is many more points, and I'm going to wind up losing them. I am livid! Wyndham has denied my right to credit pool points this year. They say the reason is twofold. Last year, on August 4th 2015, the big change was made eliminating canceled points. I had cancelled points on 8/4/15 that (involuntarily) were changed to regular use year points. I also had some existing reservations booked on 8/4/15. I cancelled some of those and credit pooled everything by the end of September 2015. I remember the VC told me it was going to take awhile as he had to do something because of the change from cancelled points, but this was the only year it would happen (2015). From what they tell me now, any and all points in my account that were cancelled points on 8/4/15, or were tied up in a confirmed reservation on 8/4/15, when the system converted, were detached from the original contracts and accordingly although they were allowed to be credit pooled, met all the criteria, and were legitimately credit pooled, they have now changed their mind and decided to not allow them to be credit pooled. They said anytime you cancel a reservation now, they will be changed into regular 2016 points and will not go back to the credit pool they originated from. I asked how they can do this when they put it in writing that this is NOT how it should happen? They explained that even though I was told they would return to where they originated, and even though they were in a credit pool, the system will now return them to regular 2016 points, (that was the stab with a knife, here comes the twisting) BUT even though they show as regular points and are regular points, they may now only be used like the old cancelled points could be used. Hence I have until 12/31/15 to use them up on reservations or RCI. All I can do is book rooms or bank to RCI or lose them and I have until December 31 to do this. Talk about hiding the truth?? I think it's fraud!! The VC was sympathetic, and while they talked their best "corporate front", I could tell they think this is pretty cruddy as well. The VC said they can do nothing, and owner care can do nothing. This is what they have been told and there are no exceptions. But it gets worse. So now the twofold part. I asked about my 2016 points and am told "NO" to those as well. Why? Because this summer, I cancelled and rebooked with a VC (which sales had drilled into me I am an idiot if I don't do that) and whoever did that had my points restacked in the process. I never asked to have my points restacked. But apparantly it doesn't matter. When they (involuntarily) restacked my points, they became disassociated from the original contract and for the same "logical" reason as the other points, I can't pool now. Nothing! No one ever warned me of this. How can they do this? It violates all the rules. What on earth is going on? Talk about a runaway train?! I'm VIP by developer. Almost 2 million points. They are violating their own rules which I was playing by. I do cancel / rebook because they told me to do it, but otherwise, I don't abuse. I have one use year. I just don't abuse. And they have the nerve to screw me like this?!?!?! I used to have 1 Westgate contract and I got out because they were the most horrible company to deal with. Are all these timeshare companies this bad? I've lost all faith in any of it. Can they really do this? This stuff has got to be illegal!!! Fraud comes to my mind. And I just can't imagine I would ever be in a position to ever think that. Is it?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. You are not in this situation but.

Anyone that has had their account frozen needs to demand that all points are changed into points that do not expire. Nothing else is acceptable.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They said anytime you cancel a reservation now, they will be changed into regular 2016 points and will not go back to the credit pool they originated from. I asked how they can do this when they put it in writing that this is NOT how it should happen? They explained that even though I was told they would return to where they originated, and even though they were in a credit pool, the system will now return them to regular 2016 points, (that was the stab with a knife, here comes the twisting) BUT even though they show as regular points and are regular points, they may now only be used like the old cancelled points could be used.

How can they do that, that is not what their website says, they can't change the rules and not tell anyone. Actually what they are doing is contrary to their own posted rules.

That is crazy. That can't be right. They might as well go back to canceled points then, at least I know what is cancelled and what is NOT.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can they do that, that is not what their website says, they can't change the rules and not tell anyone. Actually what they are doing is contrary to their own posted rules.

That is crazy. That can't be right. They might as well go back to canceled points then, at least I know what is cancelled and what is NOT.

I believe you will prevail eventually for the points currently in question. I also think another rule change is likely.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
WYNDHAM SALES Management - read and think

I too am in the same situation. Only with me it is many more points, and I'm going to wind up losing them. I am livid! Wyndham has denied my right to credit pool points this year. They say the reason is twofold. Last year, on August 4th 2015, the big change was made eliminating canceled points. I had cancelled points on 8/4/15 that (involuntarily) were changed to regular use year points. I also had some existing reservations booked on 8/4/15. I cancelled some of those and credit pooled everything by the end of September 2015. I remember the VC told me it was going to take awhile as he had to do something because of the change from cancelled points, but this was the only year it would happen (2015). From what they tell me now, any and all points in my account that were cancelled points on 8/4/15, or were tied up in a confirmed reservation on 8/4/15, when the system converted, were detached from the original contracts and accordingly although they were allowed to be credit pooled, met all the criteria, and were legitimately credit pooled, they have now changed their mind and decided to not allow them to be credit pooled. They said anytime you cancel a reservation now, they will be changed into regular 2016 points and will not go back to the credit pool they originated from. I asked how they can do this when they put it in writing that this is NOT how it should happen? They explained that even though I was told they would return to where they originated, and even though they were in a credit pool, the system will now return them to regular 2016 points, (that was the stab with a knife, here comes the twisting) BUT even though they show as regular points and are regular points, they may now only be used like the old cancelled points could be used. Hence I have until 12/31/15 to use them up on reservations or RCI. All I can do is book rooms or bank to RCI or lose them and I have until December 31 to do this. Talk about hiding the truth?? I think it's fraud!! The VC was sympathetic, and while they talked their best "corporate front", I could tell they think this is pretty cruddy as well. The VC said they can do nothing, and owner care can do nothing. This is what they have been told and there are no exceptions. But it gets worse. So now the twofold part. I asked about my 2016 points and am told "NO" to those as well. Why? Because this summer, I cancelled and rebooked with a VC (which sales had drilled into me I am an idiot if I don't do that) and whoever did that had my points restacked in the process. I never asked to have my points restacked. But apparantly it doesn't matter. When they (involuntarily) restacked my points, they became disassociated from the original contract and for the same "logical" reason as the other points, I can't pool now. Nothing! No one ever warned me of this. How can they do this? It violates all the rules. What on earth is going on? Talk about a runaway train?! I'm VIP by developer. Almost 2 million points. They are violating their own rules which I was playing by. I do cancel / rebook because they told me to do it, but otherwise, I don't abuse. I have one use year. I just don't abuse. And they have the nerve to screw me like this?!?!?! I used to have 1 Westgate contract and I got out because they were the most horrible company to deal with. Are all these timeshare companies this bad? I've lost all faith in any of it. Can they really do this? This stuff has got to be illegal!!! Fraud comes to my mind. And I just can't imagine I would ever be in a position to ever think that. Is it?
Dear Beachbum ,
Thank you for posting .As a VIP by developer purchase with over 2 million points

Please read posts 551-560 in the thread - Acct review email{acct suspended..}

You are one of just under 22,000 Platinum owners AND ( it looks to me that). WYNDHAM IS IN THE PROCESS OF SCREWING ALL OF YOU - because the SILOS
of management and departments are creating new rules that contradict the existing ones .

Dear Wyndham SALES management ,
Your bread and butter is upgrading one of 400,000 contract / folks like " Abeachbum" to a platinum ownership -and YOU have made these sales - by teaching them how to best use the (computer) reservation system . You have successfully done that and have :
21,000 Platinum VIP owners .

When THEY find the points you sold them and that they are paying for monthly
are being lost - what do you think those 21,000 owners are going to tell other
owners at the pool .

This will result in sales quotas not being reached - BECAUSE some other Wyndham SILO has taken away your best sales tool .

Your choice is - either get someone in Wyndham upper management to understand where this is heading or get your resume on Linkin .
RE -READ the line - " I used to have a Westgate contract and got out of it "

Wyndham Management - one of your 21,000 VIP Platinum owners whose points are being messed with by your SILOS - is probably a lawyer . Lawyers who have a personal grievance in a law suit are a RISK YOU CANNOT FULLY MEASURE.

posted by - A TUG member / Non Wyndham owner

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
All VIPS who use VIP discounts/upgrades could be affected

I am a run of the mill 1.1 million point Platinum who has never used all my 30 Free Guest Certs ....but I do pool my points, esp since end of cancelled points, and use all the VIP Discounts/Upgrades I can find. (see my post earlier today on the Act suspended thread).

A majority of all VIPs will likely be affected once Wyndham figures out that it's system can't implement it's announced rules.

Fifty, yes 50, years ago I visited Fairfield Bay with my father/mother, who I am sure were pitched for whole ownership which was their product then
Fairfield became the dominant timeshare company, traded on the NYSE, because they treated the Owner as King.

Once they introduced the point system in the early 90's and continued to treat owners as King, Half, yes 50%, of New Sales were to owners who were upgrading to successive VIP levels.

I am no longer tempted to upgrade --- and haven't been since the Wyndham era began.
They have forgotten who their best New customers are --- a satisfied owner who will upgrade.

I wonder what proportion of new purchases are from current owners?
A lot less than 50%.

Sad -- for them and us.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Well ... that says something about knowledgeable abuse.

FYI, Diamond Resorts International also up sells their platinum owners with cancel at 59 days and rebook for half the points. So Wyndham is not the only timeshare system touting this activity. Every time we were told this we questioned it, and every time we were assured this was within our rights. Never did it, I would have had heart palpitations to try it on any reservation that involved flying to my destination, and we divested ourselves earlier this year such that we are now silver instead of platinum so can't do it now anyway.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I spoke to someone at customer care on Tuesday, and they said they would call me back yesterday.

Now they have not called and they are not responding to emails.

What else is new, I have 8 days to resolve or I will have to blow 250K into RCI.

Given that the others have had their accounts frozen for 45 days now, any chance at a timely resolution.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well, putting that few points in RCI is not a horrible thing--at least it wasn't for us, and we had millions of points we had to put into RCI.

When Wyndham aligned all of our accounts to begin 1/1 and end 12/31, when we had various staggered months (almost 3 years ago), we thought it was the end of the world because we felt we had no need for that many points in RCI. It's been okay, and I have extended the points to summer of 2018.

In about March, our kids all decided we should go to Disneyland for our 2-year-old granddaughter's first trip. Our other grandkids are in school, so it had to be summer. I gave them very little chance of getting matches.

I entered an ongoing search for 8/6-8/13 for four units, all at Dolphin's Cove. We got four units. I was impressed. I was told we had preference because we are Wyndham owners. We had a wonderful time, and our daughter even got a 3 bedroom!

I still have a few million points leftover.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Well, putting that few points in RCI is not a horrible thing--at least it wasn't for us, and we had millions of points we had to put into RCI.

When Wyndham aligned all of our accounts to begin 1/1 and end 12/31, when we had various staggered months (almost 3 years ago), we thought it was the end of the world because we felt we had no need for that many points in RCI. It's been okay, and I have extended the points to summer of 2018.

In about March, our kids all decided we should go to Disneyland for our 2-year-old granddaughter's first trip

I entered an ongoing search for 8/6-8/13 for four units, all at Dolphin's Cove. We got four units. We had a wonderful time, and our daughter even got a 3 bedroom!

I still have a few million points leftover.

Dear Cindy ,
Thank you - for reminding all of us that Family vacation Fun time is what this is all about .

even for folks who rent to others - Great Vacations are what makes for happy repeat rentals .

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points coming back erroneously and not being fixed... what are you planning to do?

I'm just curious what others are planning to do, since Wyndham is not fixing their system error and apparently plans to allow points to expire (incorrectly) that should be in the credit pool.

Are you planning to deposit to RCI? Do you think doing so limits your ability to continue to argue for their proper placement back in the credit pool?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I saw how arbitrary the "Big Boys" could get and do what they damn well please to thier Owners detriment. I was with Marriott at the time and in a fit of anger divested all 4 of my Weeks, fortunately at a small profit. I then went with HOA Controlled Independent Resorts using less than 10% of what I received for my Marriott Weeks and never regretted making the move. My prediction is that many Wyndham Owners will bail over the next couple of years. Will it hurt Wyndham? No, they will just merrily keep on trucking.

George

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what others are planning to do, since Wyndham is not fixing their system error and apparently plans to allow points to expire (incorrectly) that should be in the credit pool.

Are you planning to deposit to RCI? Do you think doing so limits your ability to continue to argue for their proper placement back in the credit pool?
Would it help is all that are restricted to start sending emails to Wyndham informing them of your intentions as far as credit pooling and the amount of points you demand to be cedi pooled by the end of September according to your VIP status rights, that you expect that this take place ASAP, or as soon as your restrictions are lifted? Or any other rights you may want to exercise. Start going on the offence in a mass demanding of your rights as a VIP member. You and Wyndham would have an official record of what your expectations are

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Credit pool lead time

Just to share my experience...My account is locked out but today I was allowed to put in a request to have my points credit pooled. What I was told by owner care today is that they have to do an audit to figure out what amount of points are eligible for pooling. Because I have 12 contracts it will take a couple of days to figure out if any of my current points came from cancelled points last year and I will not be allowed to credit pool those. I was told to expect an answer next Thursday.

I am counting my blessings that my account is only partially restricted which is why I was even allowed to ask to have my points pooled. I really hope those who are still completely frozen will be given some grace period after they are unfrozen.

D.B.

Last edited: