• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Website

BC Bum

Reaction score
Please don't kill me if this has been asked before, I looked around and didn't see anything; what happened to the Vidanta Website, MyWeb Reservations? Is it gone for good? Have they resorted to doing all transactions via telephone? Do I need to call them to deposit my week with RCI?

Also a separate question, does the $11 per day fee get charged to owners who book directly, rather than through RCI?

Thanks in advance.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
If your an owner and book directly - no RCI exchange fees or resort fee ( $ 11 at NV & RM )

My reservation is no longer active . They say they will replace it .
Since they now sent you an email when you book a week - using it to " confirm " that you have a reservation is redundant.

The complexity and variety of Vidanta contracts and brand and MF per contract add programming issues for IT.
Many owners have - pay on use in their contracts and give a credit card when reservation is made .
They do sent you a statement near year end so you know the amount .

If you scan the Wyndham forum - and see the thread - Accts suspended .... you can read about issues when significant IT problems
cause owner issues .

I think Vidanta wants to avoid those kinds of problems .
It also allows them to have a real person search and give you options if the week you want is full at a particular property .

Personally I prefer the 800 call system and the personal touch .

BC Bum

Reaction score
Thanks T-Dot

A human can figure out their contracts and a computer can't? Maybe there is hope for the human race.

I've never had a problem with the website and I've never had availability issues. Then again, I tend to book way in advance. Are they using the phone opportunity to make any sales pitches?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
No sales pitches from reservations .

IMO - the " hotel side "and TS sales side are separate managed groups - and top management want it that way .

The only linkage that I see - is that IMO the " hotel side "/ reservations knows their filled / available numbers for every day of the year
and top management wants to make sure that new exchangers ( ie sales prospects) are part of the mix along with owners - ( ie upgrades prospects)

The pitch to go comes from the "wrist band " dept. and they are separate from the front desk - who are part of the hotel side . Concierge is part of " hotel " - so they will explain the meal vouchers but have no connection to TS sales - IMO.

Seems to work

As owners know the resorts are great to visit .

Last edited:

BC Bum

Reaction score
I've been an owner since 1998 and have been to RM at least 10 times, but I don't know much about how the company operates. It is a lovely resort and the employees are wonderful. I met Mr. Chavez when we were there for his daughter's wedding. He was very friendly and gracious to my wife and me.

I have one of those old MP contracts that I bought for a song when they were just building NV. My MFs still haven't hit $400. They are chomping at the bit to upgrade me.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
If you have read Pittle / Phyllis posts you probably know your contract has the 1 MF transfer cost
the 3% MF cap ( USA CPI +/- 3% for Mexican inflation . If you bought it from Grupo Mayan in 1998
then the 25 year renewal is in 6 years / at under $ 2500 - that will be a bargain as well .

Some things are worth never changing . You would loose too much on an upgrade - even if they gave it to you .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks T-Dot

A human can figure out their contracts and a computer can't? Maybe there is hope for the human race.

I've never had a problem with the website and I've never had availability issues. Then again, I tend to book way in advance. Are they using the phone opportunity to make any sales pitches?

I attended a meeting with quite a few Grand Luxxe Owners in November and the comment was made about the differences in contracts. The specifics on contracts depend on exactly when you purchased/upgraded and what you either negotiated or were offered then. I know that the folks who purchased pre-construction got things like 2 massages and 2-4 rounds of golf per day, but from what I heard from many of them is that the free golf does not include the new Greg Norman course. My contract has specific prices for each of the 2 courses and the Norman course is less than 1/2 what others pay. Then you have the no pay unless you go along with how far out you can book. Plus, there are several "levels" of Grand Luxxe memberships. Therefore, it is quite complicated for the online reservations. A person has access to the Vidanta database and when you call in, they can access your contract and make the appropriate reservation. Also, GL owners can book "down" at special prices and these are most likely different too!

As T-Dot says, members do not pay the $11 pp/pd fee.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Any examples?

There is the regular GL, Gold (similar to the Profile A we had before we upgraded to Grand Luxxe), and Platinum. The Gold & Platinum have special phone numbers for reservations and can book a year out. These are the people who own multiple weeks and have invested more $. Folks who have several Spa units or more than one of the 3 or 4 bedroom units most likely fit in this group. When they tried to get us to add a 3 bedroom, they said that we would always get upper level units and best views because we would have enough invested to be at the Platinum level. We passed on that.

BC Bum

Reaction score
I hate to be a PIA but does anyone have that Vidanta Phone number- I want to deposit my 2017 week in RCI

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
qb_bc gave it to you. We were always told that it was 1-800-AWAY-I-GO. I have been able to remember that ever since we first bought in 1999. :) Now that I am a Grand Luxxe Owner I have a differerent number and have to look it up whenever I call in.