• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Cirque du Soleil Theme Park In Nuevo Vallarta

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what folks know about the new Cirque du Soleil theme park being built at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta. Do you think it will be a hit? Will it make the resort too busy? What kinds of people do you think it will attract? Cirque has tended to be a Vegas attraction for adults but theme parks tend to target kids. I wonder who they are planning to market this theme park to and whether it will appeal to kids?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The most recent Vidanta Traveller - their publication sent to owners - refers to it as " The Park "

" Bringing an Enchanted Wonderland to Life ". - (page 38) Vidanta Traveller / also on line
The Park at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
( mostly pictures)

1) It will have resort buildings included - Cascades ,Kingdom of the Sun
2) a water park
3) a mechanical park ( ie rides)
4) an exploration area ( ie zip line and similar inspired stuff)
5) a nighttime venue that will have room for 5000 ( ie nightly fireworks and/or entertainment)
6) other cool stuff - not yet fully formulated

It will likely open in stages .

There is a new highway ( toll road ) being built from Guadalajara to Nuevo Vallarta / Puerto Vallarta that will cut the drive time to 3 hours or better . It should be finished by 2020 .
Greater Guadalajara has 5 million people .

The Vidanta (Cirque )Theme Park will likely increase occupancy levels for Vidanta and other NV/PV area resorts from May to November with additional in- country tourism . This alone will make it a success .

I believe there will also be a separate Cirque Theatre show - similar to the one at Vidanta Riviera Maya

Regarding - making the resort "too busy "

Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta is generally at or close to full occupancy from Christmas week through April. The resort has staff levels for this . Some of these staff do not get year round hours . Vidanta also has a history of building - should the need for more " peak level occupancy " room / suites arise .

Last edited:

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was heavily emphasized at my presentation that they anticipate strong attendance when the park opens and plan to tighten up their low season trading access as a result. I have mixed thoughts about this. They have threatened this for years and I have not been affected, and am in fact booked through 2019. However, the analysis that this will increase their low season attendance seems plausible and what remains to be seen is what volume will materialize.

We also had some discussion about the efforts they have made to do better qualification of sales candidates coming to presentations - decreasing the input of off the street folks and getting their wealthy owners to provide ambassador weeks to charitable galas as auction items is having great success for them in certain markets, bringing in wealthy philanthropists who they say buy 66% of the time (not totally convinced about their cited conversion rate there.) That said II's trading power system with traders is also a qualified pipeline as you need a certain quality of resort to be able to see the GL units, though it is a false assumption that all those owners came in through developer buys.

I think with a certain amount of diligence and planning one should still be able to secure quite good trades through the fall low season when kids are in school and families less likely to come - mosquito and storm season after all. It would be silly of them to deprioritize the II pipeline before giving up the random pipeline they get from off the street and in the PVR shark tank.

The next 2 years should be quite informative as the numbers come in.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I agree it will be very interesting to see how the next few years play out with Vidanta. If the theme park is a great success (and I think it might well be), then I believe the value of ownership and exchanging will change dramatically; I'm not smart enough to project how it will all play out but it will be fun to watch.

For me personally, ownership has been fun as I feel a part of it. Many of us bought into this grand scheme years ago when Grand Mayan was the big thing; Grand Luxxe was not even a concept. Early buy-in has given us some nice vacation opportunities; so far, Chavez seems to on course to building something special.

Mike

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree it will be very interesting to see how the next few years play out with Vidanta. If the theme park is a great success (and I think it might well be), then I believe the value of ownership and exchanging will change dramatically; I'm not smart enough to project how it will all play out but it will be fun to watch.

For me personally, ownership has been fun as I feel a part of it. Many of us bought into this grand scheme years ago when Grand Mayan was the big thing; Grand Luxxe was not even a concept. Early buy-in has given us some nice vacation opportunities; so far, Chavez seems to on course to building something special.

Mike
Mike do you think it might still be worthwhile to look for a cheaper gm or mp contract to pick up to upgrade from?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Hellolani,

From a personal standpoint, I was at the right point at the right time when I bought resale. The resort system was growing and they wanted cash and were willing to give vacation goodies for it. I don't really know if that is really viable anymore. Certainly if you can find a GM unit with low transfer fees resale, I would jump on it. It will give you leverage to trade up. I'm just not sure it is possible to find.

RJones

Reaction score
Its rough, because of the transfer fees. I found a guy who has a couple of Vidanta contracts, who (lucky for me) was just trying to avoid the renewal/5 MF that was looming in the horizon. Vidanta is trying to kill the secondary market for their contracts.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Its rough, because of the transfer fees. I found a guy who has a couple of Vidanta contracts, who (lucky for me) was just trying to avoid the renewal/5 MF that was looming in the horizon. Vidanta is trying to kill the secondary market for their contracts.

Vidanta / Grupo Mayan did this 10 + years ago .They wanted their product off ebay .
I have seen almost none in 2017 .

In late 2005 they moved to the 5x MF transfer price AND added " no go / no pay - MF on use only .
Almost anyone who has bought in the last 11 years has no reason to sell - as not using costs nothing .
( other than the sunk money paid when bought )

You may still find an occasional one MF to transfer / 2001 or earlier on a local Craig's list or similar .
These are the 25 year renewable contracts . The newest one have about 9 years until the 5x MF renewal .

rpennisi

Reaction score
Tom, I wonder if when I go in January, they would let me add a no go no pay to my 2 older MP contracts (2001, 2004) in exchange for not selling or renewing?
I am fully using my weeks right now, but might not want to in the last few years of the 25. It might be worth a try.