*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Vegas Layover

Discussion in 'US - West Coast Timesharing' started by Joe P, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Joe P

Joe P TUG Member

We have a 5 hour layover in Vegas on our way back from Hawaii. We have from 7am on Sunday morning until noon. We have spent time on the Vegas strip a few years ago. Not much for gambling. We want to make sure we are back for our connecting flight.
    Any ideas? Places to walk. Breakfast?
    Thanks.

2. tompalm

tompalm TUG Member

Five hours is not much time. By the time you get a taxi and arrive anywhere in Vegas to do something, you would only have a couple hours. Also, Sunday morning, not much is happening except for a breakfast buffet. After a redeye, you should just relax.

3. Fern Modena

Fern Modena TUG Lifetime Member

You can't walk anywhere from the airport that would interest you unless walking on the I-215 Beltway interests you :) I wouldn't leave the airport. If you do, you'd have no more than 1-1/2 to 2 hours away, when you figure travel time and check in time. The airport in Las Vegas still has long lines at times, and Sundays is one of those times. If you were thinking of going for a Sunday Buffet, those have lines, too.

So to sum it up, I wouldn't do it.

Fern

4. Joe P

Joe P TUG Member

I was thinking the best would be to sit in the airport, and that is what my wife is telling me. So, I have learned over the years, to listen to her once in a while. Thanks for the input.

5. CMF

CMF TUG Member

Have breakfast at the Wynn overlooking the golf course.

I say go for it. The new Wynn is gorgeous. The Vegas airport is very depressing.

Charles

6. Dave M

Dave M TUG Lifetime Member

If you enjoy the frustration of standing in long lines, go with Charles' advice. Otherwise, I vote with the majority here. Sunday morning is usually the worst of all times for getting through security at LAS. Come back and visit LAS another time.

7. CMF

CMF TUG Member

Airport Vet.

I guess traveling with three kids in tow with bundles of backpacks, a stroller, car seat, and other carry on miscellany through airport security lines for a few years now have numbed me to the whole experience.

I still say go for it.

Charles