*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle - Nov 2012

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by travel maniac, May 6, 2012.

1. travel maniac

travel maniac TUG Member

We are booked in Worldmark (WM) Vancouver, WM Victoria and WM Seattle (Camlin) in Nov 2012 - one week each except 2 weeks in Seattle. We will not have a car with us but may rent a car in Seattle to visit Tulalip during the Thanksgiving sales.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to get from Vancouver DT to Victoria DT? I've seen information on Pacific Coach Lines' buses running that route.

2. Getting from Victoria DT to Seattle DT?

3. We'll most probably fly back from SEA but just in case we fly back from YVR, we'll take the Quick shuttle from seattle to YVR.

I'll copy this thread in Western US section as well.

Any other suggestion/recommendations/opinions welcome!

Thanks.

2. sue1947

sue1947 TUG Member

My answers in blue above.
    Sue

3. travel maniac

travel maniac TUG Member

Thanks Sue

4. aptiva

aptiva TUG Member

On a tight time frame== from Seattle (Camlin) we took the Clipper over to Victoria for a day trip.
    Then the TRAIN from Seattle to Vancouver (Rosedale on Robson) for a few days, before flying home..to Toronto

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  5. hellolani

hellolani Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

harbour air for vancouver dt to victoria dt

They post last minute discount flights for weekend departures every Thursday at 5pm for that weekend. Flights as low as $45 one way, may be cheaper and definitely faster than pacific coach.

6. bellesgirl

bellesgirl TUG Member

We are going from Vancouver airport to Nanoose Bay on Vancouver Island. Then we are going back to downtown Vancouver. I was not aware of this bus option. Should we rent a car from downtown Victoria and return it there? We were planning on renting it at Vancouver airport but then we are paying to ferry it back and forth. We won't need the car once we return to Vancouver.

7. sue1947

sue1947 TUG Member

There's another thread that talked about getting to Nanaimo without a car, I'll see if I can find it.

Victoria is not on the way to Nanoose Bay. The latter is NW of the airport while Victoria is SW. 2 different ferry routes. It makes a lot of sense for Victoria where you don't necessarily need a car. For Nanoose Bay, not so much. I'd rent a car at the airport.

Sue

8. travel maniac

travel maniac TUG Member

Thanks for your help

9. travel maniac

travel maniac TUG Member

Thanks - this is certainly an option we'll look into. I love TUGGERS!

10. gnorth16

gnorth16 TUG Member

I took a float plane from Nanaimo to Vancouver and back. The flight and view was incredible. I believe it was harbour air. You could then rent right out of Nanaimo to Nanoose Bay. For the extra cost compared to the ferry, it was worth it!

Nanoose Bay is on my radar for a solo trip....sans kids and wife! Golf, reading and sleeping! They have dates in RCI all the way out to Jan. 2014!!!