• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Use of ARP

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We need those with unlimited RT's to do a few tests and report back

I will try as soon as my points balance is corrected. Right now it shows a negative 6 million points. Nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it's programmed as if the old style credit pool didn't exist. I think under points deposit it would seem more seamless because the UY dates of deposited points will be the same as regular UY points (in fact, I wonder if they'll be distinguished in separate buckets or just in one big bucket for the year). With credit pooled points, it highlights the various buckets and weirdness like this can occur. I'm sure they could add to their list of programming tasks to do something about this, but I kind of wonder if they're just going to ride it out until everyone's credit pooled points expire in early 2020.
My ARP for July 2018 took points from three different timeframes. All my 2018 points were credit pooled. I think your wright any points available for 2018 can be used for ARP. Points for 2018 are not tied to a contract. Like you say they are treated like 1 big bucket available just using points with the earliest expiration date first.

System seems to be loaded with ARP points allowed at your home resort not your contracts.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the website under F&Q
Why do my points appear differently on the new website ?
Your points now display as one consolidated figure on myclubwyndham.com. Because you receive specific benefits associated with your contract and membership type. This change allows you to access those benefits regardless of the contract to which they are associated. It's our goal to eliminate the need for you to track different point types and their eligibility.

Since this is on the website I would think its going to be permanent. Not changing as the site is updated. If someone wants to put this on thread general discussion. Go ahead

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone cancelled an ARP made reservation in the new system yet? I made an ARP reservation in the new system. I am thinking about cancelling that now. The new system when you use the points calculator shows you how many available ARP points you have left per contract(resort). After I made the reservation the points calculator showed that those points used my ARP eligible points at that resort. What I am trying to determine (without having to rely on a VC that might not know) is if I cancel that ARP reservation will by eligible ARP points at that resort return to their original value before the reservation was made?

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
I booked an ARP week a couple of weeks ago and then canceled it a few days later. This was using CWA points. The points calculator shows that I still have all of my CWA ARP and a test booking showed me that I still have all of my CWA ARP. So yes, you do get your APR back when you cancel. At least today you do. No guarantees with this new system from one day to the next.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I can confirm that Reciprocal ARP, which is supposed to be available for VIP owners to execute a up to 3 reservations at the 11 month window is NOT working. We own CWA points and points at 3 other resorts. We are trying to use reciprocal ARP to make a May 26th 2018 reservation at a resort that does not have any CWA units nor do we own there. The 1st level search returns no results for dates outside 10 months, while the deeper 'Select Unit' / 'Select Availability Calendar' search shows availability but does not allow us to select the end date, even if I try to reserve a week earlier for May 21st 2018. Meanwhile over on our Ownership / points calculator page, it does tell me we have 3 VIP Reciprocal reservations available.

Calling owner care revealed that they cannot make the reservation for us either .. after involvement of a supervisor. They entered a ticket for action within 48 hours. We'll see how far that goes.

Bob

happyhopian

Reaction score
I will try as soon as my points balance is corrected. Right now it shows a negative 6 million points. Nice....

I've got a trouble ticket on the negative points. I was told this could be months but I did learn something. They were able to remove the negative points so I can use the positive points. If you look at your use years you will see some are negative and some are positive. This is a result of credit pool transfers to a new system that only accepted one year credit pools. I was told they system just went nuts in transferring over some with credit pool points. In may case some of those negatives should be positives and in some cases they shouldn't exist at all. Until they could get it worked out I was told that triage just removed the negative points so the positive points could be used. Call in again and ask about this. Hope that information helps.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I can confirm that Reciprocal ARP, which is supposed to be available for VIP owners to execute a up to 3 reservations at the 11 month window is NOT working. We own CWA points and points at 3 other resorts. We are trying to use reciprocal ARP to make a May 26th 2018 reservation at a resort that does not have any CWA units nor do we own there. The 1st level search returns no results for dates outside 10 months, while the deeper 'Select Unit' / 'Select Availability Calendar' search shows availability but does not allow us to select the end date, even if I try to reserve a week earlier for May 21st 2018. Meanwhile over on our Ownership / points calculator page, it does tell me we have 3 VIP Reciprocal reservations available.

Calling owner care revealed that they cannot make the reservation for us either .. after involvement of a supervisor. They entered a ticket for action within 48 hours. We'll see how far that goes.

Bob
I'll fall over backwards if they get this fixed in 48 hours. They are very limited in what they can do manually in the new system. For example, I lost a 3 night stay at a resort in the transfer. I've had an oc assigned to me for a few weeks who is searching daily for a replacement set of units. I found a 1 night stay and called in asking if they could hold that in hopes that two more might show up...she said she can't override the system and do a 1 night stay until inside 14 days. She can call extra holidays and get inventory moved back. She can credit me back points but she cannot make the system book something that it is not allowed to book. Everyone is much more limited by this system including the ability to override.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for ANYTHING to be fixed. Batting .000

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll fall over backwards if they get this fixed in 48 hours.
As expected, you are saved from falling over backwards. We've been re-trying and today OC once again tried to reserve our desired unit during the reciprocal timeslot with no l uck. They say not to worry .. units will still be there until the 10 month mark because everyone has this same problem!! Also to keep checking back often as IT may come through with the fix. Right.

Bob

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So it has been 15 days and the Reciprocal ARP is still not fixed. My wife has had at least 8 calls with Owner Care who has entered multiple trouble tickets. They have made outbound calls to us and provided a different phone number to call but cannot make the reservations for us either. Its for our 10th year anniversary so timing is pretty important. As time has passed we now have 3 different reservations we cannot make spanning a 2 week trip using reciprocal ARP. Soon it will be inside the 10 month window and our hope is we will be able to reserve then unless someone else beats us to it.

BTW a week ago OC said there were over 8000 tickets open to fix user issues so no sense in opening a duplicate for us that day.
This is the most serious software bug affecting us .. unable to provide basic benefits that their policies state with no work around. Apparently many others are reporting this problem.

Bob

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Since all of my points are ARP and I never use ARP will I have problems booking at all of my favorite places if they are available? One of the sales persons trying to get me on CWA said I couldn't book as previously using total points in contract but needed to put them all in one ARP. Sleazy!!!!!

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since all of my points are ARP and I never use ARP will I have problems booking at all of my favorite places if they are available? One of the sales persons trying to get me on CWA said I couldn't book as previously using total points in contract but needed to put them all in one ARP. Sleazy!!!!![/QUOTE For some reason I get my questions or remarks ignored when I mention trust. But I still have hope things will soon be settled.

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since all of my points are ARP and I never use ARP will I have problems booking at all of my favorite places if they are available? One of the sales persons trying to get me on CWA said I couldn't book as previously using total points in contract but needed to put them all in one ARP. Sleazy!!!!!
He probably was saying you had to put them all in CWA .. a common sales trick to get you to buy more direct purchase points from him. All Wyndham points can be used for any Wyndham resort at 10 months out. I don't see any reason why the rules changes would reduce your chances of getting what you want at the 10 month mark. If course the web site defects or the 'missing inventory' might do that.

All contracts have ARP (Advance Reservation Priority) at the resort they are titled at (its home resort). The 'advance period' starts at 13 months out. CWA is the exception because it is a trust containing lots of resorts, these contracts give you ARP at all of those resorts. Reciprocal ARP allows VIP owners to 'Trade' the ARP at one of their home resorts for ARP at any other resort up to 3 times per year. But when trading this way the 'advance period' is only 11 months out which puts you in line behind the true owners of that resort but in front of the masses that can reserve at 10 months. It's still not working on the new web site or for Owner Care. This actually increases your chances of getting what you want at 10 months without using any ARP.

Bob

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what has been upsetting to me but the main selling point to undermine the deeded owners. That, I believe why they put the trust into CWA. Could this not change since the trust moved out?