• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unused Wndham point 16k..what to do?

elleny76

Reaction score
Hi, I am wyndham EOY points and I have 16K unused..What can I do? how much to save them?
Trying to call W from my office but it says 15mnte wait for any rep to answer.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could deposit them to RCI, but 16K isn't enough to get much if anything; you'd need to deposit later points as well (or rent some to deposit.) Assuming you are a January UY, it is too late to do anything else with them except book something between now and the end of December.

In the future, assuming you don't regularly use RCI, you might want to pool your points---if you are not a VIP owner, you have to do that before your UY starts. That will extend them three years from the date you place them in the pool, and any credits you don't use in a particular EOY can be combined with your next EOY batch. Even better, the pool credits will be used first.

elleny76

Reaction score
You could deposit them to RCI, but 16K isn't enough to get much if anything; you'd need to deposit later points as well (or rent some to deposit.) Assuming you are a January UY, it is too late to do anything else with them except book something between now and the end of December.

In the future, assuming you don't regularly use RCI, you might want to pool your points---if you are not a VIP owner, you have to do that before your UY starts. That will extend them three years from the date you place them in the pool, and any credits you don't use in a particular EOY can be combined with your next EOY batch. Even better, the pool credits will be used first.
Thanks! I deposited them with RCI for $30. I guess eventually I can deposit more and get a full week somewhere.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw something about donating Rewards points for Wyndham's Hotels for Heroes program. It's too bad we can'd do the same with our scrap CWP points.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert

Earlier this year I booked a vacation for 2017, expecting my 2016 pool credit points to be used. They used my 2017 points instead. I was advised that the points with the earliest expiration date are used first. Since my 2016 pool credit points didn't expire until 2018, they pulled from my 2017 points. Lesson learned...

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right, for an annual contract, that is what would happen. But, for an every-other-year contract, the pool credits would be used first, because they expire before the next "other year." Here's why: suppose you are an every-odd-year owner. You decide on December 15th 2016 to pool your 2017 UY. Those pool credits now expire three years from that day, or December 15th, 2019. Your next allocation is your 2019 UY, but those expire December 31, 2019---after the pooled credits.