• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unused points from recent purchase

Wyotug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 308k points on eBay with a December end of use year. They finally showed up in my account this week with the use year ending in June to match my other contract. I can't use them before the end of June and need to do something with them.
Is my only option to deposit them in RCI?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Demand to keep your original use year other wise it's theft by Wyndham. So what if you account has 2 different use years.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never hurts to ask. Owner Care might be able to move the points to your 2018 or 2019 use year. You would have to pick 2018 or 2019 and pay $39. They use to be able to credit pool your points on a contract transfer but that option is gone and Wyndham has taken a lot of options away from owner care

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Demand to keep your original use year other wise it's theft by Wyndham. So what if you account has 2 different use years.

yep keep you org. use year. but you will likely end up with a prorated amount of points when they do it.... either way they are going to aling use years from what others are saying.

other option is to book a unit that is in demand and rent. you will not get your full value but something is better than nothing. RCI points deposit is an option as well but be prepared for fee upon fee.

Deposit fee
Booking fee
vacation ins. fee....
etc....

fees cost almost as much as VRBO for a similar unit IMHO.

Wyotug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Owner Care. They won't do anything for me. My options are to use them up by the end of June or transfer to RCI.
I'll give it another shot this afternoon with a phone call to a different rep.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Owner Care. They won't do anything for me. My options are to use them up by the end of June or transfer to RCI.
I'll give it another shot this afternoon with a phone call to a different rep.

When you call back this afternoon, insist they open a case for you. It may or may not help, but it puts it on record for what it is worth.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Owner Care. They won't do anything for me. My options are to use them up by the end of June or transfer to RCI. I'll give it another shot this afternoon with a phone call to a different rep.

Multiply the number of points you'll lose by the maintenance fees per thousand points; that will give you the amount of money Wyndham is stealing from you. If you lose 308,000 points as you stated, times (lets say as an example the fees are $6.00 per 1000) $6.00 per thousand points, you'll lose $1,848.00. You can buy several decent handguns for that amount of money. I'd rather have the handguns than that amount of money being applied to some Wyndham meathead's bonus. I'm just saying.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Multiply the number of points you'll lose by the maintenance fees per thousand points; that will give you the amount of money Wyndham is stealing from you. If you lose 308,000 points as you stated, times (lets say as an example the fees are $6.00 per 1000) $6.00 per thousand points, you'll lose $1,848.00. You can buy several decent handguns for that amount of money. I'd rather have the handguns than that amount of money being applied to some Wyndham meathead's bonus. I'm just saying.

I must disagree that this is theft on Wyndham's part. The OP can still deposit them to RCI as stated, PLUS they will get a fresh set of 308k points on July 1, six months earlier than they would with the original Use Year. If anything, your calculations should be divided by 2 for the half-year difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk