• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG watch list

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
I received an email.. Hello from TUG,
This is an automatic email notifying you that one of the Timeshare Resorts you have configured in the TUG Resort Watch List has been updated! To view your watch list simply log in to:

http://tug2.com and click on the Resort Watch List link in the My TUG section.

WHERE IS THE RESORT WATCH LIST LINK?? I have been round and round..:rofl::hysterical:

DEScottzz

TUG Member
Reaction score
First, you have to log in to TUG.

Then, at the top of the page, click "My TUG/Settings." A drop down list will appear. Choose "Watch List."

That's my best guess. Mine doesn't have anything in it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the answer above is correct, the watch list by default is empty for all members. it is configured thru the MY WATCH list link in the member only section of TUG.

you can add as many resorts as you wish to your watch list and be automatically notified via email when new items get added for that resort (ads/reviews/etc).

the exact directions for getting to the watch list are

1. http://tug2.com

2. top right hand corner link titled MY TUG

3. drop down to MY WATCH LIST

4. from here you will see all the resorts (if any) configured for your watch list.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
When I get these alerts, it doesn't tell me which resort has a new listing. I just have to go through manually & try to figure it out.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can you forward me the email you get? it should list the resort in either the subject, or the contents of the email.

tug@tug2.net

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I get these alerts, it doesn't tell me which resort has a new listing. I just have to go through manually & try to figure it out.

I have the same issue. I have many resorts on my list, but never really know which one the email is talking about. My last email was:

Subject: A new listing on your TUG watch list has been added

tug@tug2.net Apr 7 at 2:18 PM

To donotreply@tug2.net

Message body

TUG Watch List

Hello from TUG,

This is an automatic email notifying you that one of the Timeshare Resorts you have configured in the TUG Resort Watch List has been updated! To view your watch list simply log in to:

Timeshare Users Group

The first and largest community of Timeshare Owners dedicated to providing the Truth about Timeshares for more than 20 years!
http://www.tug2.net

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
when you go into the watch list after logging in, there should be an icon or "flag" on the resort within the watch list that has the new item added...is that not showing up?

if not what web browser are you using so we can try to duplicate.

thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we may have changed the way the emails are sent to send them as one bulk batch, vs individual emails (for spam/blacklist purposes)...but there should always be a notification or icon that indicates which resort has the updated info. if that is not displaying, we need to fix that.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This issue still isn't fixed.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
I agree, not fixed

But the icon is lit on resorts that have new additions, but if you have more than one you have to open to see the new posting. Icons indicate additions for the past fifteen days.

Here is email notifying me of watch list addition.

A new listing on your TUG watch list has been added

tug@tug2.net

11:39 PM (16 hours ago)

to donotreply

TUG Watch List

Hello from TUG,

Timeshare Users Group
The first and largest community of Timeshare Owners dedicated to providing the Truth about Timeshares for more than 20 years!
http://www.tug2.net

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, perhaps we just need to change the emails to link directly to the watch list?

http://tug2.com/MyTUGWatchList.aspx

(although if you arent logged in, its just going to take you to the member login page)

on a side note, a new project/facelift to the tug2.com member only section might clear this up a bit more and make it easier on folks...but that might be a few weeks or months off. in the meantime, would changing the notification email be a usable alternative?

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
If the notification email listed the resort that would work okay for me now and in the future.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If the notification email listed the resort that would work okay for me now and in the future.

Same here. I'm not sure why this is even a problem, it seems like such an easy thing to fix.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the emails are sent as a bulk item to hundreds or even thousands of email addresses.

it would be a pretty big change to individualize them to each person. and while im sure it is possible (we do it with the marketplace emails)...its not just a matter of editing text in the emails =)

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It never says the resort when I get the alerts. I have to go in and check - guess really - based upon which one appears to have "new" circles.

Well, it's been a year since this was last addressed. It'd still be nice to know what resort has an update when we get an email alert.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we have since modified the TUG member dashboard so one can easily see the resorts on their watch lists and what has been updated.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Do we still have the feature that links from your individual TUG-BBS entries to all your TUG resort reviews ?

I was just getting used to that when TUG-BBS switched over to its current version.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, its still available in the dashboard and you could post a link to it in your signature if you liked. however we have not yet figured out how to "auto place" the link below your login name like we did in the previous forum software.