• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG new feature - Timeshare Vacation History/Timeline!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have been working on this for awahile as we know so many of you want to remember and share your timeshare vacations with friends and family (and other TUGGERS)

What we have developed is a Timeshare Vacation Timeline History so that all of your reviews are displayed in chronological order, and also superimposed on a map with pins indicating your vacation stays!

Here is an example:

http://tug2.com/timeshare-vacation-history.aspx?id=tug

now notice if you are not logged in, it just displays the map, and your review summaries (resort name, and date of review) anyone who is a TUG member and is logged in can of course scroll through and read/see your reviews in the timeline!

(editors note: you will be able disable this feature if you do not wish other TUG members to see your review history at all)

While this is close to actual release, any feedback/tips/suggestions/complaints/prayers are of course welcome!

if you want to see your own timeline, you can replace the "tug" username above with your own TUG member login ID.

You can also view your private Timeline history by logging into http://tug2.com then selecting the MY TUG dropdown box at the top right and choosing "My Vacation History".

hope you enjoy this new feature!

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like it.

I try to review every timeshare I visit, so my start page shows a world map of almost everywhere I've been.

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will there be a way to add pins for resorts we haven't reviewed? I try and review all the lesser known resorts we visit but the Surf Club in Aruba has so many reviews that I'm not sure what I'd add lol.

And thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is an awesome feature!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I like it.

I try to review every timeshare I visit, so my start page shows a world map of almost everywhere I've been.

Why doesn't the title under your TUG username reflect this?
Is the TUG Reviewer title optional? Is there some way I can remove it?

Thanks

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
What's the best way to add resorts I visited before I became a TUG member and started doing reviews? Trying to remember back so many years and making reviews just to get the resort on the map and in the listing won't really help anyone.

I went to the url line, removed "TUG" and added my user name and it worked well, showed my map and reviews, I was not logged in. I like it'

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Nice feature. Thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoky Smokes, TUG will remember my travels when I can't. Heck, I don't even remember where I was last year. All the trips run together.

It's like reminiscing over a box of old photos. Oh, people don't keep boxes of photos anymore?

Thanks, Brian and crew. Nice feature,

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Why doesn't the title under your TUG username reflect this?
Is the TUG Reviewer title optional? Is there some way I can remove it?

Thanks

they might use a different email for membership vs the forum login...email me and I can fix the issue =)

and yes, I can remove your Title if you do not want it displayed on the forum...shoot me a PM.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
What's the best way to add resorts I visited before I became a TUG member and started doing reviews? Trying to remember back so many years and making reviews just to get the resort on the map and in the listing won't really help anyone.

I went to the url line, removed "TUG" and added my user name and it worked well, showed my map and reviews, I was not logged in. I like it'

you can still add reviews if you like for older stays (check to see if any resorts have really old reviews and maybe even yours would be an update)

Ill see what we can do to have folks easily add "pins" for older stays where reviews wont really be helpful but to add to the timeline.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also note that for those of you who keep your timeshare history public, you can actually link this in your TUGBBS profile or signature for all to read and view!

like say for the "website" option in your profile! =)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I like this Brian! Great idea!

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I stopped writing TUG reviews a few years back for a number of reasons - now wish I had kept them up to track my travels.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped writing TUG reviews a few years back for a number of reasons - now wish I had kept them up to track my travels.

can always start again =)

also this is all live data, so if you submit new reviews even now..itll show up on the map.

BobDE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
Wow Brian. This is an awesome feature. Already took a trip down memory lane! LOL

Thanks for adding this!

Bob

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so glad everyone likes this as much as I hoped they would!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Love this, Thanks Brian!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and doug is working on how to make it a part of your TUGBBS profile so itll appear on the left hand side where your "resorts" currently are!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked it. But the resorts showing under my name are not my reviews.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is it possible that your TUG member login is different from your bbs login?

email me at tug@tug2.net so we can get that sorted out!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
everyone should now be able to access this via the "MY TUG" drop down link at the top right hand corner of the page at http://tug2.com

its titled "Timeshare Vacation History"

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brain, everything is correct. All is well !!!! THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS. This is Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a senior moment.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well that was easy =) glad you like it!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
if you want to see your own timeline, you can replace the "tug" username above with your own TUG member login ID.

You can also view your private Timeline history by logging into http://tug2.com then selecting the MY TUG dropdown box at the top right and choosing "My Timeshare History".

hope you enjoy this new feature!

I don't see a "My Timeshare History" under the My Tug menu. There is a 'My Vacation History" which does take me to my review map.

This is a pretty neat feature. Just need to make sure we review each property we visit at least once so we can see all the properties we have been to on the map.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is great. I see I have several vacations that never got a resort review. Please keep us informed on when we can add to the timeline without a review. Thank you for this feature, it's lovely.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
feedback sofar has been amazing, so glad everyone likes this so much!

will certainly work on a way to let folks add pinpricks for very old stays.