TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

TUG Information page

Discussion in 'About the Rest of TUG' started by moonstone, Sep 13, 2017.

1. moonstone

moonstone TUG Member

Quite a while ago I asked about a TUG Information page that I had printed out & carried in my purse to hand out to interested people at timeshare resorts. I couldn't find it anywhere in the website and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I cant remember when or where I found it on (the old) TUG website.
    Today while cleaning out some old purses I found my copy! It is quite worn & dog-eared but pretty legible.

TUG page.jpg

If the page is not on the website maybe it should be. I would like permission to re-type the page and make copies for our next timeshare visit if it isn't going to be included on TUG pages. I find the info a great help when telling others about TUG. I have even given a salesperson a copy in the past.

~Diane

TUGBrian likes this.
  2. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

you are absolutely welcome to make flyers with TUG information on them for the purpose of handing out to owners. I know some other members who print out business cards with the tug website and info on it to hand out while on vacation (vistaprint and others let you get 250 cards delivered for free for like 8 dollars or something silly like that)

provided you arent using the information or TUG logo to promote some other entity or in some other use outside the purpose of promting TUG, there is no problem whatsoever! (not saying you personally are, just putting it out there just in case someone else reads this and decides to be creative)

this is the current "about TUG" page, but obviously its not mean to be printed out or handed out to folks.

http://www.tug2.net/tuginfo.html

moonstone likes this.
  3. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

Maybe the business cards could be mocked up on Vistaprint and a link could be shared by those wanting to purchase a supply? Like we do with the t-shirts?

4. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

I sent off an email to vistaprint to see if one can "share" a design for retail purchase via a link so any interested party could order a small package of cards that are already pre-created!

Panina likes this.
  5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

well that was quick, apparently this can be done quite easily and a link can be shared for anyone wishing to purchase the cards.

i just went in to play around with their card creator for about 60 seconds and came up with this:

newcardsample.jpg

this of course isnt the final design, i figured id open it up for feedback to see what folks feel should be added or removed (we can also print on the back too).

so what would you guys like to see on a card you want to hand out to other owners at a resort?

(note we could put something about resale/retail/presentations/etc on the other side

moonstone likes this.
  6. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Cold Springs, Banyan
    I would add, let us know who told you about us ______. This way if they join the referral info is on the card. I think this can be on the back of the card too.

7. moonstone

moonstone TUG Member

Brian, it might be worthwhile to add a sentence about the value of purchasing resale as opposed to from a developer presentation. It was during or right after sales presentations (haha, welcome breakfasts) that I handed out most of those pages. I folded them up so that the title & first few lines were visible & quietly handed them to people who looked like they were contemplating buying or as they were leaving.

A business card with some information and the website is a great idea. :clap: Until then, I have re-typed the page and made a few dozen copies for next months trip to Florida!

~Diane

TUGBrian likes this.
  8. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

well drat, apparently adding something on the back nearly doubles the cost of the card purchase (adds 7 dollars, and you only get 3 lines vs the whole thing) here is an idea

tugcardsample2.jpg

9. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Cold Springs, Banyan
    Nice, how about " I wish I would have found Tug before I bought my timeshare for full retail price"

10. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

haha, well sadly we dont hear that exact quote...but the other one is easily the most common thing we get in email/phone calls!

11. pspercy

pspercy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    Well!
    I didn't even know there was a tug2.com

TUGBrian likes this.
  12. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

haha...tug2.com is the member homepage...has been for many years!

i really need to find someone to redesign the .net homepage...its just so dated.

13. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

ok, here is a link to order the cards.

it looks like the cheapest base order of 100 is $23 bucks, but they have a promo code 'VPDEALS' took 10 dollars off my order so it should be 15 bucks or so for those interested!

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gateway.aspx?s=4009498015&preurl=/share-design.aspx?doc_id=3449022899&shopper_id=RTIEJH6TMFPXFOQHP770H7SRSOPGS5RN&xnav=sharesource_8&share_key=5a38b269-1dc9-475a-80cc-98b1defb2878

if you send me the receipt from your order of a set of cards, ill credit your membership an extra year to offset the cost.

14. bday1126

bday1126 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Brian this is great I am glad this member brought this up. At all the timeshares I visit I always promote TUG and have to write on a piece of paper the info. This card would really be beneficial. Jim

TUGBrian likes this.
  15. Larry M

Larry M TUG Member

Brian, what are you doing, designing business cards at 3:00 in the morning? (My preferences are set to Eastern time, should be reading your post times correctly.)

TUGBrian likes this.
  16. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I have been considering creating cards to hand out. It would be great if they also included a web address of www.tugbbs.com. I know one can get to it from the main Tug2.net address, but having the direct link is great too. It would also be cool if there was a marker and perhaps blank line to enter a referral name if someone decides to sign up.

TUGBrian likes this.
  17. TimGolobic

TimGolobic TUG Member

I would make the suggestion to print on their thin plastic stock instead of paper. Most meetings and discussions take place at the pool or hot tub and the plastic card survives a swimsuit. It really is worth any additional price.

18. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Last time I looked though, the plastic stock was very expensive, perhaps a dollar or more per card?

TUGBrian likes this.
  19. TimGolobic

TimGolobic TUG Member

When I got mine done (can't recall if it was VistaPrint) it was really a very small additional charge, at least worth comparing your options. I also had mine double-sided. There were different thickness options, from thin and bendy to solid like a room key or credit card. Maybe instead of each person ordering a small batch it would be a better price to do a single big run and one person can distribute, not that I'm volunteering?

TUGBrian likes this.
  20. overthehill

overthehill TUG Review Crew: ELITE TUG Lifetime Member

Here is a photo of the original TUG business card Bill gave out to TUG members in the late 90's. The member name appeared in the lower right corner with TUG Member on the next line and the member's email address on the last line. I used white out covering my last name and email address from years ago. The back side of the card, much of which no longer applies, is also shown.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1124.JPG

moonstone, TUGBrian and Panina like this.
  21. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

blast from the past right there!

22. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

the hurricane and subsequent power outages (and baby) have my schedule all messed up! im awake at all hours of the night now :(

23. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

someone mentioned when you click the link...you can make your own cosmetic changes to the card if you wish! if you want to swap out the link for tugbbs.com thats fine with me. as long as it points to one of the TUG websites i dont mind!

24. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

I believe you can choose whatever stock you want it on, i just picked the cheapest available to keep the cost down in the example!

25. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    I call horse puckeys. As long as I've known you I've been getting emails from you at all hours of the night.

... of course, most of that was before you became an old married dude.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    TUGBrian likes this.