• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to rent out points before the home resort booking period ends

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
We just closed on a contract that has banked points we can't use before they expire. I signed up with one of the DVC rental places and put my post on disboards but it's been a week and not much activity.

We have one of the "premium" resorts but the 7-11 month booking window might end before we get these points rented out. My point price is in the middle and seems well-priced for my resort.

I noticed the vast majority of requests are for dates that are already long since booked (within 7 months). I thought it would be good for me to speculatively book a few weekend trips in a studio now and keep trying as opposed to dumping my price? Thoughts? Would a holiday weekend (in a studio) or a race weekend (only 1 bedrooms left) be more preferred?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no harm in speculatively booking. I would do it. I can't speak to demand of studio/holiday vs. 1BR/runDisney. I would lean to studio; most people seeking point rentals are bargain hungers, and most runDisney people plan far ahead (and may already have lodging secured).

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
David's Vacation Club Rentals. I sell my points there all the time. I have never been disappointed. You will receive $13 to $14 pr point. They give you the dates to book and the clients information. You book and the money goes into your paypal account. They have great customer service and are very easy to deal with.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just closed on a contract that has banked points we can't use before they expire. I signed up with one of the DVC rental places and put my post on disboards but it's been a week and not much activity.

We have one of the "premium" resorts but the 7-11 month booking window might end before we get these points rented out. My point price is in the middle and seems well-priced for my resort.

I noticed the vast majority of requests are for dates that are already long since booked (within 7 months). I thought it would be good for me to speculatively book a few weekend trips in a studio now and keep trying as opposed to dumping my price? Thoughts? Would a holiday weekend (in a studio) or a race weekend (only 1 bedrooms left) be more preferred?

What is your resort?

And I much prefer Mouseowners to Disboards when it comes to confirmed reservations. You might just need to look at people's ISO and see if you can make the match.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I just sold some points through Davids Rentals for the first time and I am blown away by how quick and easy it was. I want to sell some more but I am hesitant that Disney may take issue with more reservations under different names. Am I right to be concerned about that?

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sold some points through Davids Rentals for the first time and I am blown away by how quick and easy it was. I want to sell some more but I am hesitant that Disney may take issue with more reservations under different names. Am I right to be concerned about that?
I don't think so. They are our points. We can do what we choose with them. I've done multiple rentals through Davids and no issues ever with David's or Disney.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally would not book a vacation and try to rent it. That makes it more difficult to rent to those who want another date or size villa. If you are within 7 months you are not going to get anyone to pay a premium-- for a premium resort. All points are the same at 7 months and your points are worth the same as the least common denominator. Figure it this way, you are in the mix with the folks who own Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, and who will take $12 a point.

Since these are found points list them on the Dis for $12 a point and you will rent them out in a few minutes. If you use a broker like David you will need to wait for your money. If you rent them out yourself the money will be in your PayPal account in minutes. I have used a broker but I hope I never need to do that again. It is too hard to wait for my money when I am already out the points.

When your regular points come in, you can charge a premium for them and book at 11 months in your premium resort for your guests. That is what I do.

For these freebie points just go the most expedient way and rent them for $12 on the Disboards.