• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trouble With Reservations

BLKBRD370

TUG Member
Reaction score
To: TUG@TUG2.net
Subject: Trouble with Reservations

Good afternoon, TUG. I own a 3 BR/Log-Off unit at Ocean Gate. Since I bought it the managing company has changed at least three times. It now falls under Patton Hospitality. When I request a reservation for my unit they given me a 1 BR unit and/or a Studio. I have been going around and around with them on this with little satisfaction. I recently asked Interval International if I deposit the reservations that I have been given would I qualify for a 3 BR unit with the Lock- Off. Their answer of course is that whatever I deposit is what I will have for exchange. See IIs email to me. Ocean Gate says it is the way that they are coded but that is not the way it was when I first bought it and it is not the way it is stated in my contract. Do you have any words of wisdom on this matter?

Thank you.

BB370

Hi: (To Ocean Gate Resort) As a result of your last email pertaining to the confusion over the reservation for my 3 BR unit at Ocean Gate I asked Interval International what I would have for exchange based on your reservation details. Their reply is attached and I need clarification on your reservation system and why it was changed to your coding. This is wholly unsatisfactory and appears to be a breach of my contract. Please advise ASAP.

Thank you.

MH

Re: USACustomer Service Request: All-Inclusive-Other () Travel

· customerservice@intervalintl.com

·

· Today at 8:24 PM

To: Name Withheld

·

Hide

Message body

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your email message. I will be happy to assist you with

your inquiry.

If you deposit your unit as a one bedroom and a Studio that is what you

will have to exchange. If you are trying to deposit the three bedroom

unit as a whole unit, make them aware you want to deposit the whole unit

and request the reservation information for a 3 bedroom unit.

Thank you for contacting us. It is a privilege to serve you.

Sincerely,

Michelle

Press Esc or click anywhere to return to Mail.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The trouble you have is with your HOA. If you own 3BR, then they need to give you a 3BR when you deposit. Otherwise, it is fraudulent. External exchange companies have no control as to what your HOA deposit for you.

Do you have a deed showing that you own a 3BR unit? That is what you need to fall back on when you communicate with your HOA.

BLKBRD370

TUG Member
Reaction score
The trouble you have is with your HOA. If you own 3BR, then they need to give you a 3BR when you deposit. Otherwise, it is fraudulent. External exchange companies have no control as to what your HOA deposit for you.

Do you have a deed showing that you own a 3BR unit? That is what you need to fall back on when you communicate with your HOA.

Thank you for that reply. My contract reads as follows: ......the right to occupy and use a 3 BR Unit in the Ocean Gate Condominium under a Floating Use Plan..................
but they keep telling me now that what they are offering is 'How It's Coded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!