TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Vacation Travel Information' started by SandyPGravel, Jul 14, 2017.

1. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

Does anyone have experience with travel insurance through this company? We usually book our travel through our CC that has included travel insurance. But this time I had enough miles to book through a different card with no cash involved:cheer:. Travel is in February and we are in the upper midwest so weather is a possible concern for travel interruption.

https://www.tradingplaces.com/exchange/timeshare-insurance/

Any insight is appreciated!!

TIA

2. mpumilia

mpumilia Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Trad
    Trading Places is a timeshare exchange company and they use CSA as their travel insurance offering.

Just go directly onto the CSA website and get the travel insurance.

They are good, though fortunately, I have never had to file a claim. I use them all the time for all our travel- including BOTH NON-timeshare travel and Timeshare Travel (they cover maintenance fees)

3. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

Thank you. I didn't realize when I found this TI that I wasn't on the provider's web site. Thanx for the heads up. Last thing I need is an exchange company having my info. I tried to Google timeshare travel insurance and trading places is what came up.

mpumilia likes this.
  4. cargo13

cargo13 Guest

We too have always used CSA for insurance on our trips. CSA rebranded to their parent company GENERALI so its just gotten better. They now offer more plans and finally their website www.generalitravelinsurance.com is improved over that old site CSA had.

5. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Before buying a travel policy, check out if one of your CC's offers coverage.
    Many, especially those offering travel points or miles, will cover travel-expenses paid with their cards.

mpumilia likes this.
  6. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    This must be very new. I just got travel insurance through the original CSA website.

Best to check to make sure the policies are the same as they were- especially for coverage of the timeshare maintenance fees if that is what you are concerned about.

Also- for rentals (like with Home Away or timeshare rentals through an owner)- it looks like the link below is still good. I have used this before as well.

http://www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017 at 7:08 AM
  7. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

My concern is I "bought" my airfare with CC miles. If we had used the Chase Sapphire Reserve card we would be covered, but I don't think Capital One includes travelers insurance. (At least I haven't been able to find it.) But since I didn't "pay" for my airfare, even if Cap One purchases had TI, I don't know if it would be covered. (Does that make sense?o_O) Since I was looking to buy TI, I figured I would look for a policy that covered MF.

8. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

I don't see any mention of Timeshare coverage. Do you include the cost of MF in total trip cost? I sent them an inquiry email, hopefully they respond. I guess I should only be concerned about the airfare cost, because I have never gotten TI in the past to cover MF.

9. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    You have to look at the plan- not just the plan details but the entire fine print of the policy description. You can get them on the website and it will state the coverage of maintenance fees for timeshares there.

It covers maintenance and exchange fees. It is under the section "Payment" page 13 of the standard contract. I just checked on line.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 12:54 PM