• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading for Fiji?

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Has anyone had a luck trading for Fiji or any of those islands? Any recommendations on a resort??

Thanks

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Thank you Denise! What is a premier resort mean??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's the exchange company rating.

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Oh I thought that was "Gold Crown" etc...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Interval ratings:

Resort Recognition Program
As The Quality Vacation Exchange Network, Interval International has been renowned for its high standards for 40 years. Every resort that is affiliated must meet Interval's quality standards and provide the caliber of vacation experience that our members expect. Once they join our network, these resorts are reviewed regularly to ensure that they continue to meet our criteria.
In order to provide expanded qualitative information about the resorts in our network, Interval has a multi-tiered Resort Recognition program. Based on research, resort inspections, and member Vacation Evaluation forms, the program is a valuable vacation-planning tool that can help members choose resorts that meet or exceed expectations.

THE TIERS
By meeting our already-high affiliation standards and being accepted into our network, all of Interval's member resorts are recognized for their quality. Those recognized as Interval International Elite Resorts, Interval International Premier Resorts and Interval International Select Resorts exceed our affiliation requirements.

Interval International Elite Resorts
ii-elite-logo-sm.jpg
Interval International Elite Resorts are the very best of Interval’s network, providing an extraordinary vacation experience, exceptional service, and luxurious features and appointments. They are identified by the lotus, a symbol of purity and perfection

Click Here for program brochure.

Interval International Premier Resorts
ii-premier-logo.jpg
Interval International Premier Resorts, debuting as the highest level of recognition, provide an outstanding vacation experience, with state-of-the-art conveniences, and modern features and appointments. They are identified by the laurel, a symbol of distinction, high standards and status.

Within this level of recognition, Premier Boutique Resorts provide an outstanding vacation experience, with excellent accommodations in desirable locations, and limited on-site amenities.

Interval International Select Resorts
ii-select-logo.jpg

Interval International Select Resorts provide a great vacation experience, and are distinguished by a comfortable and homelike atmosphere. As such, they are identified by the pineapple, a centuries-old symbol of hospitality, welcome, friendliness, and warmth.
Within this level of recognition,Select Boutique Resorts provide a great vacation experience, with comfortable, homelike accommodations in desirable locations, and limited on-site amenities.

IntervalWorld.com

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
ahhh I didnt realize my resort was also an II property! Thanks

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from an RCI resort called "Club Bali Hai" which is in the South Pacific. It is on Moorea which is one of the islands in Tahiti (French Polynesia). I was going to originally going to book it as an exchange, but it was available as a "Getaway Week" this Spring for less than the exchange fee. It's not a fancy resort, and the mandatory resort fees are high ($400), but the location is amazingly beautiful. Not a fancy resort, but nice, friendly, laid-back. I would go back there again in a heartbeat!!

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Thank you Rene

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We just returned from an RCI resort called "Club Bali Hai" which is in the South Pacific. It is on Moorea which is one of the islands in Tahiti (French Polynesia). I was going to originally going to book it as an exchange, but it was available as a "Getaway Week" this Spring for less than the exchange fee. It's not a fancy resort, and the mandatory resort fees are high ($400), but the location is amazingly beautiful. Not a fancy resort, but nice, friendly, laid-back. I would go back there again in a heartbeat!!

I was just looking at this to do before or after our Tradewinds French Polynesia exchange. Did you stay in the studio for the whole week or upgrade to the bungalows? How rustic was the unit? I am not real fussy, but I read a review that mentioned a lumpy mattress and well, I guess I found my limit, lol. Any other information? Thanks Rene.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
You might have direct access to inventory at the Wyndham/Worldmark Fiji resort on Denarau via Wyndham? That is, no exchange needed for that particular property?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I believe the Worldmark Resort on Fiji is a shared Resort by Worldmark and Worldmark South Pacific. So a Wyndhm Member would have to have access to Worldmark or Worldmark South Pacific to Book directly into this Resort.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I believe the Worldmark Resort on Fiji is a shared Resort by Worldmark and Worldmark South Pacific. So a Wyndhm Member would have to have access to Worldmark or Worldmark South Pacific to Book directly into this Resort.
Ooops, yep, maybe so! I knew it was a "shared" property, ran a quick Google and saw references to "Wyndham Resort Denarau Island" and jumped from there. Thanks for the reminder that it isn't the larger Wyndham but the South Pacific segment.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
You might have direct access to inventory at the Wyndham/Worldmark Fiji resort on Denarau via Wyndham? That is, no exchange needed for that particular property?
We stayed 10 nights at the Westin on Denarau last September. Denarau is a manmade island connected by a bridge. It was nice, but we'd rather go to any of the closer tropical destinations like the Carribean, Mexico, or Hawaii. I suspect Fiji could be awesome if you get away from the main islands and main resorts, but we are not that adventurous.

We have heard good things about Bali and we loved Port Douglas and Arley Beach in Australia. I seriously doubt we would ever go back to Fiji.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk