TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for Sanibel?

Discussion in 'US - Florida Timesharing' started by Polly Metallic, May 4, 2017.

1. sfwilshire

sfwilshire TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We haven't been there in a few years, but we always enjoyed eating at the Island Cow. Very good food and large portions. We always had leftovers for another day.

Sheila

2. Polly Metallic

Polly Metallic Official TUG Pool Recruiter TUG Member

We ate there early in our stay and enjoyed it. Large portions and nice decor.

3. Polly Metallic

We arrived today and found the pool still open. The contractor is behind schedule so nothing has been done yet. Work could start any day now, but I'm sure they won't arrive on Sunday, so at least we have today and tomorrow, and if we're lucky, maybe longer.

silentg likes this.
  4. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

That's good to hear

5. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We left estero on Saturday and are in Wisconsin for four months. I sure miss Florida already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Polly Metallic

Still no sign of the pool contractors. We can't figure out why the resort feels the pool must be renovated. It seems fine to us, but there must be something we don't know about it.

Yesterday we went to the Edison & Ford Winter Home/museum, and it was very worthwhile. Drive time was about thirty minutes, and traffic wasn't bad at all.

rapmarks likes this.
  7. Polly Metallic

We made it through the whole week without work being done on the pool. A few workmen were looking things over a couple days ago. Our week on Sanibel was more exciting, but we've enjoyed Lehigh's laid back vibe, the activities, and the other guests staying here.

rapmarks likes this.
  8. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

We stayed at Lehigh Acres 15 years ago while we were house hunting down here. That resort had more activities than any other place I've ever been, maybe because they are so far from the beach and most of the action. It was the first place I ever heard of pickleball and frisby tree golf.

By the way, what were your favorite things about Sanibel?

9. rapmarks

We stayed there while house hunting also, six weeks, but not in a row in 2003.

10. Polly Metallic

Our resort was a short walk to Lighthouse Beach, which was nice, and we enjoyed the views from the bay and from the gulf. The island has a pleasant laid back vibe which we appreciated. We went to Ding Darling nature preserve, had some nice meals on Sanibel and Captiva in quaint, beachy type settings, did a little shopping in the upscale stores, and generally swam and relaxed in lounge chairs with some audiobooks. It was a very relaxing vacation which is exactly what we wanted.

11. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Are you seriously going to "miss" being in SW Florida in June, July, August and September, or are you actually just saying that "tongue in cheek"? :ponder:

If serious, you must really and truly love Florida. Personally, I could not / would not tolerate being stuck in the heat and humidity of Florida during any part of June through September --- not to mention that those particular months constitute about two thirds of hurricane season. To each their own, of course.

Last edited: May 25, 2017 at 12:06 PM
  12. rapmarks

We have had forties and rain for most of the ten days we have been back. So next year, I think we will wait for June. We were in a drought I. Florida, they just got a storm two days ago after months of barely any rain. Yes I love Florida