• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Salesman just love TUG on facebook!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So earlier today, a Salesperson commented on a post on our facebook page that linked folks to this article:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshares_buying_new_or_used.html

After a number of posts where he attempted to defend his position, he chose to delete all his posts after beginning to get nasty...thankfully facebook sends emails when anyone comments, so they are all saved! Ill be uploading them here shortly!

I am amused at how tug started off as "a great site he refers so many of his clients to"...and by the end of the discussion it was "a small useless website that wont ever make a dent in the industry"

Im sure Mr Charles Sparks is an extremely successful salesperson at whatever resort he works at with his ability to change direction and hide things he said that might be used against him in the future!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and here we go! these go in order of his comments posted on that thread, at the end ill upload whats "left" of the thread so you can see the replies from TUG as the discussion carries on.

sparks1.gif

sparks2.gif

sparks3.gif

sparks4.gif

sparks5.gif

sparks6.gif

sparks7.gif

sparks8.gif

sparks9.gif

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and the overall chat (minus the deleted posts above)

tugchat.gif

tugchat2.gif

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I'm sure Mr Charles Sparks is an extremely successful salesperson at whatever resort he works at with his ability to change direction and hide things he said that might be used against him in the future!
From his comments, sounds like a guy who is not very successful at timeshare sales. :bawl:

He does write some LOOOOONG sentences, though.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So earlier today, a Salesperson commented on a post on our facebook page that linked folks to this article:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshares_buying_new_or_used.html

After a number of posts where he attempted to defend his position, he chose to delete all his posts after beginning to get nasty...thankfully facebook sends emails when anyone comments, so they are all saved! Ill be uploading them here shortly!

I am amused at how tug started off as "a great site he refers so many of his clients to"...and by the end of the discussion it was "a small useless website that wont ever make a dent in the industry"

Im sure Mr Charles Sparks is an extremely successful salesperson at whatever resort he works at with his ability to change direction and hide things he said that might be used against him in the future!

I think this is just the begining. The Melenial Generation is starting to come into their own when it comes to discretionary income and financial independence. This generation is used to buying cars online, looking online for comparative shopping of products and goods and google searching everything. While There are still people who don't activly use the internet, the new target timeshare customer is more educated and does more research resulting in a lower conversion rate for timeshare sales teams (just a guess).

In case you don't know the term, conversion rate = number of buyers vs number of people who show up to presentations and receive their free goodies.

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is just the begining. The Melenial Generation is starting to come into their own when it comes to discretionary income and financial independence. This generation is used to buying cars online, looking online for comparative shopping of products and goods and google searching everything. While There are still people who don't activly use the internet, the new target timeshare customer is more educated and does more research resulting in a lower conversion rate for timeshare sales teams (just a guess).

In case you don't know the term, conversion rate = number of buyers vs number of people who show up to presentations and receive their free goodies.

The flipside of this is that the industry will have to evolve to cope with the information out there. It could be positive or negative, as perks are added to developer purchases or taken away from resales. Whatever the case, they'll have to evolve their product somehow as generations shift.

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
The flipside of this is that the industry will have to evolve to cope with the information out there. It could be positive or negative, as perks are added to developer purchases or taken away from resales. Whatever the case, they'll have to evolve their product somehow as generations shift.

I am hoping that they just start reducing prices and commissions and turn it into more of a CARMAX experience instead of a Uncle Eddies Used Car lot one.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
and here we go! these go in order of his comments posted on that thread, at the end ill upload whats "left" of the thread so you can see the replies from TUG as the discussion carries on.

sparks1.gif

Wow. He managed that entire tirade and only used one period! I'm impressed!!

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Proving once more that, "profanity is the last refuge of the ignorant."

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Typing Is Easy. Thinking Is Hard.

He managed that entire tirade and only used one period!
Some of'm on FaceBook could become more impressive by learning how to express themselves without using crude & vulgar words.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you send this t/s salesperson comments to his employer?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
If the timeshare salesman can be located by his name but I would guess it's tough to figure that out.

Classy guy. Wastegate salesman, maybe? They slimy-crawl even lower than snakes.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id certainly tag the company in the thread if he posted publicly who he worked for =)

im not going to dig into his private life to find out that information though.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Keep On Absorbing Those Timeshare Presentation Freebies.

The more the full-freight timeshare sellers reveal the true nature of their character, the more the resale timeshare crowd can grab up the timeshare tour freebies with a clear conscience.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Why bother arguing? We do what we do to save money. The biggest expense in Timeshares are the Maintenence fees. Even if you get a free timeshare, look at what the Maintenence fees are and they will continue to rise as time goes on. Not to step on salesmen's toes, but after we talk about resales, they pull a rabbit out of a hat... Saying look we have resales too! So why show me the high priced timeshares then when I tell you what I know, suddenly you have something for less? Then feelings get hurt, you run to your boss, they make a big entrance and blah blah, . We don't go to presentations anymore, buy from owners directly. Enjoy the timeshares and don't waste time at presentations!
Silentg

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
because the more replies and likes the conversation gets, the more likely it is to be seen by other timeshare owners.

even if just one owner discovers they can buy resale from reading that discussion, isnt that worth the menial effort put forth in typing a reply to contradict the ridiculousness being spewed by that guy?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
He is a Facebook friend to tug. .Maybe he should be unfriended

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe that would remove his posts from the page.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Daniel is an off premises body snatcher for West Gate and started a conversation about wanting to buy a timeshare but never came back to answer questions that were asked of him regarding his WG travel perks.

Eric's not talking about who he works for but is FB friends with Daniel.

I did not research any of this, it just popped out at me in reading some other FB threads.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yay for more westgate salesfolk chiming in to hate the article =)

while it makes perfect sense, ive never actually heard a salesperson use upfront fee resale scammers as a rebuttal to folks that bring up resale in the first place.

its actually quite brilliant, if not very sad for consumers.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Daniel is an off premises body snatcher for West Gate and started a conversation about wanting to buy a timeshare but never came back to answer questions that were asked of him regarding his WG travel perks.

Eric's not talking about who he works for but is FB friends with Daniel.

I did not research any of this, it just popped out at me in reading some other FB threads.

It doesnt take much to find Eric's employment info.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-strode/2a/975/253

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk