• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Company Responsabilities

Reaction score
If you were a timeshare owner - and most of you here are - what are your opinions wrt the responsabilities of a Timeshare Operator to its clients. . . .in particular clients who publicly wish to express disatisfaction with the service they may have received?

Do you think clients should be publicly allowed to speak out and express themselves or do you think their rights to freedom of speech should be limited in some way . . . and I do not suggest that those who wish to complain publicly should do so in a libelous or otherwise litagous form. Simply that they wish to state the fact as best they see them.... should this be allowed?

. . . . awaiting with replies to your answers . . . . will there be any???

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Depends on the country. In the U.S., yeah. In other countries, perhaps not.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you are speaking of any company or resort outside the US there may be serious landmines. The US stands alone in tolerating free speach and the results elsewhere may be very dramatic. Be careful.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
timeos2 said:
If you are speaking of any company or resort outside the US there may be serious landmines. The US stands alone in tolerating free speach and the results elsewhere may be very dramatic. Be careful.

That is (A) a political statement which I didn't think was permitted on these boards any more and (B) totally inaccurate. There are many countries in the world which permit free speech.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
royalholidayclubbed said:
If you were a timeshare owner - and most of you here are - what are your opinions wrt the responsabilities of a Timeshare Operator to its clients. . . .in particular clients who publicly wish to express disatisfaction with the service they may have received?

Do you think clients should be publicly allowed to speak out and express themselves or do you think their rights to freedom of speech should be limited in some way . . . and I do not suggest that those who wish to complain publicly should do so in a libelous or otherwise litagous form. Simply that they wish to state the fact as best they see them.... should this be allowed?

As long as the statements being made are accurate, of course you should be free to make them, no matter how much any company may not wish them to be made.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
royalholidayclubbed said:

In the USA, you are guaranteed this free speech by the first amendment of our constitution. I am not sure how this relates to timesharing companies responsibilities.

I think there is more accountability on the timeshare purchaser to perform the appropriate research before they buy something. If a purchaser buys a product and let's their rescission period elapse without independently verifying their purchase, they need to take some accountability for the bad outcome.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You apparently have some beef with Royal Holiday that causes you to post your message. Care to share with us a short summary of the problem?

Babs from UK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a look at crimeshare on the web. You can send an anon whinge if you like. There are plenty of other people moaning about Royal Holiday Club on there in any case.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Thanks For The Invitation

Dave - thanks for the invite to express myself freely !

Yes, RHC service is simply terrible.
(If there is anyone on this board with them and happy, by all means post).

I have been with RHC 10 years and tried to get out of contract 3 times - to no avail -why?

1. We were sold the TS as an investment - the worst investment of my life.
Personally I can live with that and move on but . . .
2. Being forced to stay within the contract I must live with it - and the service stinks.
3. Every time we vacation with them the paperwork arrives late or occasionally isnt at the hotel on time - so my holiday time is spent repairing their operational and organizational failures. So ok, they clobbered mo on the investment front but they - particularly as a holiday operating company - should be aware of their clients need. Apparently they are not.
4. The company got me to upgrade through the offer of a $15,000 coupon - which I was supposed to be able to re-imburse for cash - but I still don`t have this coupon after around 5 years of trying . . . when I was close to getting it they stopped email contacts with me . . . they have also changed the issuing company at least once.
5. I do not like companies or people who fail to honor their word ... and unfortunately RHC is one of those bodies.

There . . ! :) Got it all out of my system . . . still I believe there are many ways to reach out and educate people and this board is one of them. Obviously other boards and sites may do so in a different manner.

All RHC is, IMHO, is a glorified booking service and there are MANY companies who could do it better and cheaper.