• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Broker Services & Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. in Orlando

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Steven Pichardo at Timeshare Broker Services in Orlando or used Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. in Orlando? Mr. Pichardo has given me an offer from a client to buy two of my timeshares and they want to use Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. in Orlando (http://www.timeshareclosingservices.com/) to handle the closing. I think this closing company handles closings for some of the Ebay resellers.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Steven Pichardo at Timeshare Broker Services in Orlando or used Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. in Orlando? Mr. Pichardo has given me an offer from a client to buy two of my timeshares and they want to use Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. in Orlando (http://www.timeshareclosingservices.com/) to handle the closing. I think this closing company handles closings for some of the Ebay resellers.

TCS does indeed handle closings for several eBay timeshare resellers and has done so for years. TCS closing fees are certainly not among the least expensive, but they reportedly get the job done (and with many eBay sellers, the buyer has no input into in choice of closer anyhow).

That being said, I personally do not know (but would be concerned about) whether "Timeshare Broker Services" may actually be the very same people as Timeshare Closing Services, merely wearing different hats for different parts of the transaction process. If so, then there is obviously no arm's length relationship or objectivity in the process --- or any truly independent escrow of transaction funds.

Were you working with "Timeshare Broker Services" prior to the introduction of Timeshare Closing Services into the conversation?
What were the actual circumstances under which TBS has reportedly come up with someone looking to buy two of your timeshares? :ponder:

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The buyer is from Mexico and contacted me from a Redweek ad. Then he hired Steven Pichardo to help him with the transaction. Apparently, Timeshare Broker Services is run or owned by a Don Nadeau. In googling them, I found some unfavorable comments about Timeshare Broker Services.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The buyer is from Mexico and contacted me from a Redweek ad. Then he hired Steven Pichardo to help him with the transaction. Apparently, Timeshare Broker Services is run or owned by a Don Nadeau. In googling them, I found some unfavorable comments about Timeshare Broker Services.

To keep your potential (and only maybe legitimate) transaction alive but not get whipsawed in a "too close" broker / closer "arrangement" over which you have no influence or control, can you move the closing portion of this would-be transaction into the hands of an independent closer of your selection? It doesn't smell right (not to me, anyhow) that a third party broker somehow gets to control your transaction process and closer selection if / when said broker actually had nothing whatsoever to do with producing your prospective alleged buyer in the first place.

Even if you paid the closing costs yourself (using either LT Transfers or JRA Services, both completely trustworthy), you'd be "out" just a very few hundred dollars, in exchange for which you would be completely assured of not getting scammed, having legitimate and independent escrow of transaction funds, cleared payment of any checks before transfer is completed, no surprises --- and no last minute song and dance suddenly seeking a change in transaction terms or figures. I can't really see how or why a legitimate buyer would object, particularly if you pay the closing costs. A scammer of ill intent would surely balk at any such independent third party protection and transaction safety measures.

Your call, of course --- just offering some off the cuff thoughts and suggestions to help you better look out for your own interests in this matter.

Last edited:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don Nadeau is a licensed Florida broker who owns Timeshare Broker Sales http://timesharebrokersales.com which is a different name than what you entered. Also, he does not have any agent under his license by the name Steven Pichardo. However, Don's website (the link is above) does have a warning on it about a potential scam involving someone claiming to work for him. Please give Don a call and provide him with copies of what you've received. The authorities are trying to identify the con artist now.

There are numerous scams which target owners of timeshares in Mexico. Most involve an unrealistic resale price, and then demands for fake closing fees and taxes that the con artist claims is normally paid by the seller. You wire money into a Mexican bank, and then they just keep asking for more until you realize it's a scam.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are numerous scams which target owners of timeshares in Mexico. Most involve an unrealistic resale price, and then demands for fake closing fees and taxes that the con artist claims is normally paid by the seller. You wire money into a Mexican bank, and then they just keep asking for more until you realize it's a scam.

Certainly all true, but I'm guessing that if a FL closing company is even potentially involved in the OP's transaction, that the timeshare(s) OP has for sale are likely not Mexican RTU contracts, for which no closing company would be required or involved or applicable in the first place. :shrug:

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's more info on this firm. I don't think it's related to Mr. Nadeau. Looks like the main broker in Orlando is Richard Dickinson. I think the address is the same as Timeshare Closing Services so they may be related.

Timeshare Broker Services has offices in Exeter, NH and Orlando, FL. Please get in touch with us today for immediate assistance in buying or selling a timeshare.

Broker of Record in Orlando, FL:
Richard Brian Dickinson
License #BK3373141

Vacation Ownership Brokerage, LLC DBA Timeshare Broker Services
8545 Commodity Circle
Orlando, FL 32819

Broker of Record in Exeter, NH:
Roy L. Morgridge
License #067043

Vacation Ownership Brokerage of New Hampshire, LLC DBA Timeshare Broker Services
100 Domain Drive Suite 105
Exeter, NH 03833

Timeshare Broker Services is an independently owned company committed to helping timeshare owners and buyers achieve their goals. Each one of our broker agents are licensed in the state of their respective brokerage, and will use their timeshare industry expertise to either help you sell your timeshare or find the perfect accommodations for you.

To learn more about our services or to speak with a timeshare broker, call us at 877-884-9577, or send an email to sales@timesharebrokerservices.com.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
My observation has been that scammers like to pick out a dba name that looks confusingly similar to a legitimate business. I feel like you are trying to talk yourself into this being legit because it's such a good offer? Forgive me if I am misreading....at any rate, I wouldn't proceed with the deal unless I can choose the closer.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the main broker in Orlando is Richard Dickinson. I think the address is the same as Timeshare Closing Services so they may be related.

Whether merely "related" or actually the very same people as Timeshare Closing Services, just wearing different hats for different parts of the transaction, I repeat my previously expressed concern and strongly suggest "splitting off" the escrow of funds and all other closing details into some completely independent hands.

After all, this broker had nothing to do with obtaining your buyer. Whether legit or a scammer, your "buyer" responded directly to you in response to your RedWeek ad, with no broker involvement or assistance whatsoever. The (belatedly inserted) broker is going to collect a fee regardless, if hired by this (hopefully real) buyer in Mexico --- reportedly interested in ski weeks in Vail, Colorado. :ponder:

I firmly believe that you would be well served by having the entire closing placed into the hands of an objective, third party, closing entity having no association whatsoever with this broker, for your own protection. The broker is going to get his "piece of the action" from the (hopefully real) buyer regardless, and the buyer (if even legitimate in the first place) should have absolutely no objection to the closing being handled by a known, independent and trusted closing entity with which the broker is neither physically co-located nor associated in any way --- with you paying the associated closing costs.

It's your call and your decision here, but this somehow has a faint but foul aroma (IMnsHO). Proceed slowly and with caution. Good luck.

Last edited:

JSteveW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
I made an initial inquiry with Time Share Broker Services. I then had a phone conversation with a representative, shortly after that. I got an email confirmation from the person I talked, which said they used Timeshare Closing Services for escrow. Shortly after these exchanges I got a follow up email under the business name Sell My Timeshare Now. I emailed back asking if they were one and the same company plus another question. I never got a response to those questions. Subsequently, I received a series of emails, spread over a number of weeks, asking if I was still interested in purchasing and urging me to call. The persons sending the emails kept changing. I tried to find more information about the company and it's licensed agents. The searches often led back to ownership in Exeter, N.H. and Nadeau. Searches of state real estate sites for complaints and verification of licenses for real estate agents that were associated with Sell My Time Share Now did not provided satisfactory results.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow up on my transaction. A gentleman from Mexico is buying 9 weeks from me at the same resort. The broker, Steven Pichardo, has done a good job trying to move the transaction along but the buyer has been slow in paying for them. Thus far he has paid for 4 and 3 have closed. I feel that Timeshare Closing Services has done a good job on it but it remains to be seen if they will all close and if they will give me the earnest money on the remaining ones if the buyer does not perform. My experience with Timeshare Broker Services and the closing company has been good. I think the closing company's fees are very high but the buyer is paying for it.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG, they have a 5,000 Shell contract listed for $16,500. Same thing costs $1. elsewhere. :confused:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
OMG, they have a 5,000 Shell contract listed for $16,500. Same thing costs $1. elsewhere. :confused:
and someone paid them hundreds of dollars for that "listing" =)

admiralsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's more info on this firm. I don't think it's related to Mr. Nadeau. Looks like the main broker in Orlando is Richard Dickinson. I think the address is the same as Timeshare Closing Services so they may be related.

Timeshare Broker Services has offices in Exeter, NH and Orlando, FL. Please get in touch with us today for immediate assistance in buying or selling a timeshare.

Broker of Record in Orlando, FL:
Richard Brian Dickinson
License #BK3373141

Vacation Ownership Brokerage, LLC DBA Timeshare Broker Services
8545 Commodity Circle
Orlando, FL 32819

Broker of Record in Exeter, NH:
Roy L. Morgridge
License #067043

Vacation Ownership Brokerage of New Hampshire, LLC DBA Timeshare Broker Services
100 Domain Drive Suite 105
Exeter, NH 03833

Timeshare Broker Services is an independently owned company committed to helping timeshare owners and buyers achieve their goals. Each one of our broker agents are licensed in the state of their respective brokerage, and will use their timeshare industry expertise to either help you sell your timeshare or find the perfect accommodations for you.

To learn more about our services or to speak with a timeshare broker, call us at 877-884-9577, or send an email to sales@timesharebrokerservices.com.

admiralsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently in dispute with this company over a bait and switch scenario. I have it in writing from them that they are sending me a check to correct the situation. The check never materializes.

nicolesic

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Sea Aquarium Curacao
I am currently in dispute with this company over a bait and switch scenario. I have it in writing from them that they are sending me a check to correct the situation. The check never materializes.
I am in the middle of a transaction with them; I found a timeshare on SMTN and put an offer. Timeshare Broker Services reached out to me to negotiate the price, and I signed a contract last Friday. They indicated it was now with Timeshare Closing Services to transfer the ownership (this is an RTU). It will now be waiting game until the ownership is transferred, but now I'm wondering if this whole transaction is even legitimate after reading this whole thread. Is there anything I should or can be doing at this point in time to ensure this goes through? I think I have 5 or 10 days under FL law to back out. Appreciate any advice.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a transaction with them; I found a timeshare on SMTN and put an offer. Timeshare Broker Services reached out to me to negotiate the price, and I signed a contract last Friday. They indicated it was now with Timeshare Closing Services to transfer the ownership (this is an RTU). It will now be waiting game until the ownership is transferred, but now I'm wondering if this whole transaction is even legitimate after reading this whole thread. Is there anything I should or can be doing at this point in time to ensure this goes through? I think I have 5 or 10 days under FL law to back out. Appreciate any advice.

You should be ok, they are a legitimate firm. I think SMTN and TCS are owned by the same person as SMTN won't let you use another closing company and TCS's fees are very high.

nicolesic

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Sea Aquarium Curacao
You should be ok, they are a legitimate firm. I think SMTN and TCS are owned by the same person as SMTN won't let you use another closing company and TCS's fees are very high.
Ok, thank you. I have not seen many good reviews on these companies, so I got concerned. Yes, the fees were quite high - now that I'm doing my research (too late now) - and especially since it's an RTU. But I've already signed the contract with them. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for your input.

e.bram

Reaction score

I did the same thing you did and had no ploblems!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So I found a unit that was hard to find on SMTN. When I called the following morning and spoke to an agent he knew I had purchased with them before after giving him my info. So, I think SMTN is just an alias for TBS. two years prior I bought a unit I found on eBay and made an offer on with “discount timeshares”. I also had to use TCS with high fees. I didn’t mind because the buy in price was well below the same units I was seeing everywhere else. It was still under what I would have paid on the market. Fast forward to this week and I reach out to SMTN and made a ridiculously low ball offer. They emailed me back after they presented to the seller and said they came back with an offer 200 higher. I took it, I’ve played this game with them before of the high fees but since I have not found what I wanted anywhere and they had it I went with it. I’m still waiting on the contract to be sent. The broker at TBS said they are really a marketing firm and pull from owner listings all over the world. Who knows how much that is to be nonsense. I know I’ve dealt with them before and it all went through but now it’s been about a week and no contract yet.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
and someone paid them hundreds of dollars for that "listing" =)
I know this is an old post but, I also paid hundreds for a listing asking for thousands with SMTN.... it just crazy how inflated their listing prices are. I’ll be pretty happy if this transaction actually materializes.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I know this is an old post but, I also paid hundreds for a listing asking for thousands with SMTN.... it just crazy how inflated their listing prices are. I’ll be pretty happy if this transaction actually materializes.
Did the transaction happen?