• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time frame for RCI to DVC exchange confirmation

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I just wanted to let everyone know that when booking a DVC unit through RCI, your confirmation will say that it will take three days for DVC to receive your reservation. However, the reality is that it is more like 7-10 days. I started calling at three days, and the DVC agent always said to allow at least 7 days, and some said 10 days. It ended up taking 8 days before DVC had my reservation.

This kind of delay is usually not a big deal, but if you are anxious to make your FastPass and Disney Dining reservations during a busy time of year, each day that ticks by can be critical.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've never had it take more than 3 full days. If they say they don't have it by then it is because they are too lazy to go pull up the most recent RCI lists. I have been very disappointed in the level of service from the DVC people, certainly not up to Disney standards.

Try telling them you will be calling back later in the day before they close and again in the morning and will be doing that every day until they "find" your reservation. That usually gets them to make an effort instead of blowing you off.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past DVC has gotten my RCI confirmations within 3-5 days. Currently I am 12 days since getting my RCI confirmation and still waiting having called almost every day for the last week. I've been told by 5 different DVC reps that it is currently taking 2 weeks to get the confirmation from RCI.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
You can make your dining reservations as far as six months out, and most RCI exchanges into DVC are well inside that window, so you don't need to wait for Disney to make your dining ADRs. The only time your resort confirmation matters in terms of dining reservations is between 180 days and 180+10. FP can be an issue if the date you confirm your exchange is greater than 30 days but less than 70 or so days out from check-in. Even still, between 30 and 60 days out there are only a very few attractions where FP availability will be an issue (Frozen, Mine Train).

Last edited:

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I'm a hard core Disney planner. I made it just under the wire with getting the Fast Passes immediately after the confirmation call in the morning, but the Fast Passes were literally disappearing before my eyes. I would have preferred to be online the moment the Fast Pass window opened.