• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This is why I love my Marriott timeshare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately what this thread started out as has little to do with what it's become as it was highjacked days ago.

Time and time again, it's the same highjacker declaring his view as the only possible scenario. So "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" as the Great Oz was blowing smoke.

Hopefully, Team Marriott can return this thread to the original topic.

In regards to your "to the man behind the curtain" as the Great Oz was blowing smoke." I use my real name full on all my ads were allowed and not 3 letters like you do. Come from behind your curtian and debate the issues and facts.

If your so called Team Marriott makes incorrect inflated claims like Joe does but knows they can not win on financial issues raised and posts like yours duck issues.

So you cry wolf hoping people will forget the financial issues that were frist raised by Joe are exposed as not being correct. Are you like the lion in oz and afraid to stick to issues or try to use mirriors or cry Wolf.

Joe maybe thinks his mopic views and your so calledTeam Marriotthould be the only ones heard. Get real the true Real Team Marriott were the Sales Crew that got people to buy from the developer.

Your post IMHO ducked the issuses so if you and Joe you have mostly ducked the monatary issues and the limited exchanges you get with only owning Marriott,

I see yoiu did not IMHO have the intergrty to stick and debate the issues because you cryed wolf.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's just keep in mind that this thread is called "This is why I love my Marriot timeshare!", not "This is why owning a Marriott timeshare makes more sense than owning any other timehare system!".

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Let's just keep in mind that this thread is called "This is why I love my Marriot timeshare!", not "This is why owning a Marriott timeshare makes more sense than owning any other timehare system!".

True, but for some reason certain people have a need to hammer at their point. For some reason I think it makes them feel more important. They just have to be right.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
You folks are just being ugly to one another. Let's all calm down.

The bottom line is this. There are many of us who own Marriott that just absolutely love them regardless of what we paid for them. Marriott's timeshare system is the biggest of the nice name-brand resorts and those of us who own feel lucky to be able to work its system to our advantage.

Those who are fortunate to get leftovers that owners put up for exchange, that's great too. You are able to get some extra value every now and again. Consider yourselves fortunate.

When I am at Ko Olina, I am not concerned about who is at the pool or the spa. When I am not there, I don't care who is staying there that is a non Marriott owner. In fact, when I turn over my week to Diamond Resorts International for additional points, I know for a fact a non Marriott owner is going to stay there. I also know that there's a good chance I am not going to have all of the bells and whistles I get when I am at a Marriott. For me, as long as I am taking full advantage of my memberships in timeshare it's a wash and I am happy. For me it's more about the location I am going to, and once I know that I would like the most comfortable accommodations I can find. If I can get a Marriott, that's even better. For the record Marriott has hotels worldwide, so if they don't have a timeshare, I am fine with a hotel. Those rewards points are priceless and don't cost me a dime. I just pay my bills with that credit card every month and I am being located right in the heart of Paris on Champ Elyses (sorry I know it's spelled incorrectly). Worldmark, Hilton, Starwood and DVC can't get you there and certainly not for free. You have to go through Marriott. :D

It is funny. When I stayed in Maui at the Ka'anapali Beach Club in July, the salesperson tried to get me to buy more points. She said how difficult it was to get to come there in July. Heck, I was there once in July, and interestingly since then I look every year at July and there has always been units available. KBC is a very nice resort too.

My point is we can't get too caught up in all of this. It's about vacationing and having fun. We post here to learn from one another and maximize our memberships. Let's do that and move on.

Point taken but Joe spouts things that are not correct when he first raises Finanacial issues and when is proven wrong and then claims condesendingly the other person has` no knowlegde.

Well I this other person was in timesharinfg a long btime before was and have vastly more expeiance than he does with many more ownerships. The Point is we can get what has be called left overs that someone paid Marriott BIG Bucks.

The controdiction is why do SOME Marriott owners act so arrogant about those so called leftovers that one of them paid Marriott big bucks for.

It looks like a double standand if a Marriott owner uses his week it was a god investment. But if a exchager uses it for far less money inn MF's you called it a left over as if was undesirable.

But the way I get Marriotts is a Marriott owner to go out of the Marriott system to get other non Marriott owners left overs that most likely cost those non Marriott owners far less unfront money and far less money in on going costs.

Also note one one addressed the issue I raised that II knows after millions of deposits what the exchange value is no matter what certain Marriott owners want to belive.

But it appears IMHO Marriott owners like to sing to the same choir but some call it team Marriott and cry wolf if they are afraid to debate factual points and issues .

Good night and good bye to team Marriott unless they do more mud slinging.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like this is totally off the subject at this point, but I love my marriott weeks as I know that I have a great 3 bedroom oceanside villa at surfwatch(recently purchased resale for a really great price before I get accused of buying from the developer!) to take my wife and 2 young kids to in May after a long Illinois winter!
Great idea for a thread Greg, really too bad some people feel the need to fill it with negativity.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
In regards to your "to the man behind the curtain" as the Great Oz was blowing smoke." I use my real name full on all my ads were allowed and not 3 letters like you do. Come from behind your curtian and debate the issues and facts.

If your so called Team Marriott makes incorrect inflated claims like Joe does but knows they can not win on financial issues raised and posts like yours duck issues.

So you cry wolf hoping people will forget the financial issues that were frist raised by Joe are exposed as not being correct. Are you like the lion in oz and afraid to stick to issues or try to use mirriors or cry Wolf.

Joe maybe thinks his mopic views and your so calledTeam Marriotthould be the only ones heard. Get real the true Real Team Marriott were the Sales Crew that got people to buy from the developer.

Your post IMHO ducked the issuses so if you and Joe you have mostly ducked the monatary issues and the limited exchanges you get with only owning Marriott,

I see yoiu did not IMHO have the intergrty to stick and debate the issues because you cryed wolf.

FWIW

1. I don't own Marriott.
2. I don't care what your real is or isn't (whatever it is, is obviously irrelevant to the thread).
3. As you've chosen to respond to the full of smoke comment, you must think my post was pointed directly at you - it wasn't, but I can certainly see you are full of something.
4. I have nothing to debate or duck as I don't have a dog in the fight - I enjoy reading a variety of topics and posts on TUG and was merely commenting that hopefully the original context of the thread could be recaptured by the Marriott owners that are content with their ownership.

PS: correct spelling, punctuation and word spacing make posts easier to read.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like this is totally off the subject at this point, but I love my marriott weeks .... Great idea for a thread Greg, really too bad some people feel the need to fill it with negativity.

sb2313 gets the prize for getting back to the topic!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I feel like this is totally off the subject at this point, but I love my marriott weeks as I know that I have a great 3 bedroom oceanside villa at surfwatch(recently purchased resale for a really great price before I get accused of buying from the developer!) to take my wife and 2 young kids to in May after a long Illinois winter!
Great idea for a thread Greg, really too bad some people feel the need to fill it with negativity.

SB,

Congrats on your purchase and I hope it brings you and your family many happy years of memories.

Today, I was driving home with my kids (and their friends) and my kids were telling their friends all about our Hawaii adventures. They told them about how we always play freeze tag on the lawn, and about the time that the bird got into our room and pooped on my computer screen. It made me really happy to hear them talking about it and it really stuck with me that the Maui trips are very special to them. They didn't mention the Tibber Tai or the cookie sheet.

Clearly, special memories could exist around any place -- and I've chosen Maui to build our memories which I believe will continue for many years to come.

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised with the turn that this thread took. But TUG is notorious for thread-hijacking and the internet is the Wild West so anything goes.

I remain really happy with my Marriott -- and with all of my timeshares. I'm going to buy more, I'm sure of it. I don't know what yet and vacillate between another HGVC, a Disney, or holding out for the adjacent fixed week in my beloved MOC. But what I have now makes me very happy and builds tremendous memories with my family and with my wife. In 2.5 weeks, I'll be at HHV and without owning HGVC, I couldn't take this trip --- a fabulous property at a modest cost.

Interesting stuff -- and thanks to all who posted positive things and helped keep the thread in the original spirit.

Best,

Greg

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Point taken but Joe spouts things that are not correct when he first raises Finanacial issues and when is proven wrong and then claims condesendingly the other person has` no knowlegde. Well I this other person was in timesharinfg a long btime before was and have vastly more expeiance than he does with many more ownerships. The Point is we can get what has be called left overs that someone paid Marriott BIG Bucks. The controdiction is why do SOME Marriott owners act so arrogant about those so called leftovers that one of them paid Marriott big bucks for.
It looks like a double standand if a Marriott owner uses his week it was a god investment. But if a exchager uses it for far less money inn MF's you called it a left over as if was undesirable.

Also note one one addressed the issue I raised that II knows after millions of deposits what the exchange value is no matter what certain Marriott owners want to belive.

But it appears IMHO Marriott owners like to sing to the same choir but some call it team Marriott and cry wolf if they are afraid to debate factual points and issues .

Good night and good bye to team Marriott unless they do more mud slinging.

Bruce :D
First off I'm never condesending, I'm just stating facts. I love to respectfully argue a point but your arguments are so non-sensical its not possible.

The thread started as a Marriott lovefest and you and others hijacked and stated "We can get anything a Marriott owner gets for 5% of the cost." So right away you compell Marriott owners to respond to your misinformation.

We mention Maui and Aruba in the winter, Newport and top HHI in the summer, and high-end ski weeks as the weeks that only an owner of a high value unit, including Starwood, Hyatt, could get.

You argue with lesser resorts Mexico vs Maui and Laguna Surf vs Newport Coast in lesser seasons and insist we're comparing the same thing. That is where the disconnect is, Mexico could never be like Maui, for many, many reasons.

There are alot of great Marriott off-season week (I never said off-season is bad just not prime time when many want to travel) that are exchanged into no doubt, just don't try to proclaim these weeks to be the top prime and use them in your argue because that doesn't hold water.

You and the other Marriott (what's the opposite of apologist?) just ignore factual statements and then offer comparisons like Puerto Vallarta compared to Maui and May Newport Coast vs summer Newport Coast that don't support your argument but you stick with them.

You mention the Laguna Surf. Its rated 88 in the TUG database. Newport Coast in 10. I'm sure its a nice little resort buy do you really think its better than the Marriott Newport Coast? 8 out fo 10 would disagree.

If you made more than me last year in rentals then good for you because that means you did really well.

I'm not sure why some want to criticize Marriott owners, the only thing I can think is envy but it could be that some just like to be argumentative.

You state "Joe you have mostly ducked the monatary issues" and I have no idea what you mean because I love to talk about my Marriott ownership and how it all came about. I've been on TUG for a number of years now and I believe I always been respectful of everyone but some take offense of pro-Marriott comments and try to argue.

I do enjoy a good civil argument but my opponents can't argue with specifics because of their inexpereince so it just breakdown into a mudslinging event. Remember this was a thread started by those that agreed with Greg T. and out of the woodwork comes the slings and arrow.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Let's play nice :)

I was going to post last night but decided not to...anyway, I think if we don't redirect this thread back to its original topic the moderators will close it down for violating Tug rules; we're really on the line here. There needn't be such negative vibes in what should be an upbeat thread.

Let's try to all agree on some basic points-
-most of us, whether owners or exchangers, have really loved our trips to various Marriotts and have created many wonderful family memories.
-owners can routinely book weeks during their ownership period, and hopefully get to book the week they want a year in advance without the uncertainty of exchanges. They can then plan their trips worry-free, and look for the cheapest airfare
-Marriott owners have an advantage in II for trading into other Marriotts that non-owners do not have
-non-Marriott owners have been fortunate to book Marriotts of their choice from time to time using non-Marriott weeks for exchanges. For the most part, these have been exchanges to smaller units and/or during shoulder or off season, or during Flexchange. Occasionally, a prime weeks does get nabbed by a non-Marriott, slipping through the Marriott preference, whether by mistake in II or some other factor
-there are many other high quality resorts and one can have a wonderful vacation too in resorts that have lesser amenities, so I don't think any Marriott owner here is denigrating other brands. There are Motel 6's and there are Ritz's, many located in the same vicinity, and you can see an area just as easily while sleeping in either at night. Some people would rather use the money elsewhere even if they have it and opt to stay at lesser accommodations and others prefer to spend their vacation dollars that way. I think Marriott owners, for the most part, feel that the extra amenities they get during their stay adds enough to their vacation experience to warrant the cost.
-I think everyone here agrees that Marmots aren't the end all and be all in every location, and there are many other non- branded timeshares that are very nice. But Marriott owners want a certain quality and are generally assured of having it when going to a destination they haven't been to before. For some people, that security is worth the price of admission, so to speak.
-again, no one here is saying that Marriott stays are only for owners and that no non-owners can trade in. I think what is being said is that ownership undeniably does give owners an edge- and during prime time an overwhelming edge- to book Marriott weeks, and most Marriott owners are willing to pay the added cost to have the ability to go where they want and when they want to go (in the case of resort ownership) or a much better chance of exchanging in to where they want when they want in the size unit they want.

It's not an exclusive club, but membership does have it's privileges; while that might not be worth the cost to some, to others it is, and we all need to respect each others' opinions.

Getting back to the topic- because I own a Platinum week in Aruba I can look forward to a Caribbean vacation over the winter. Because I am a Marriott owner I was able to get an additional exchange to match my week exactly about 10 months ago and can enjoy the company of friends as well as family. Oh- and because I am a member of Tug and have "met" such nice people here I was nicely offered an additional week so I was able to invite an additional couple to join us. So let's all remember why we're here- to enjoy using our ownership and help each other explore new ways to enjoy it- whether learning more about the system, learning about new destinations and how to secure trades, and lastly, for enjoying "chatting" with each other and helping each other out!

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see by the time of your last post you may not be getting enough sleep as you seemingly have posts and facts confused..

Again Joe, you try to pick and choose and claim not to be arrogant. "Quoting you"What I find amusing is those that try to refute have no :rofl: experience obtaining these weeks but yet they speak as an authority. And no a May week at Newport Coast is not a prime week. " Unquote

When I get home I would be happy to send you some of the Marriott and Disney exchanges from our desk top and show were we have gotten them with some timeshares that cost us les than :cheer: $1,000.

I see one of your cohorts points to my spelling and tone towards some arrogant owners but does not address or try refute even one of the facts I posted.

Did my first post mentionnof New port mention a Newport Summer week., no it did not. For you to imply that it did does not reflect well on your creditability. It did ask you directly about the chances getting a Newport White week in exchange for a non Newport white week. So do not try to claim my first question to you was about a red week.?

Joe, you have posts in other non Marriott strings onn Tug right now bragging about your rental profits so your claim about you not talking about financials is not correct to say the least.

I see that you did dare to respond to this fact so I will post it again.

Fact is, It is a double standand if a Marriott owner uses his Newport May week it was a god investment. But if a exchager uses it for far less money inn MF's you and others called it a left over as if was undesirable.

Fact is, But the way I get Marriotts is a Marriott owner to go out of the Marriott system to get other "non Marriott owners left overs "that most likely cost those non Marriott owners far less unfront money and far less money in on going costs.

It seems some Marriott owners want to feel supperior the the weeks they use to exchange into II are leftovers. Why is that seeing those weeks have higher MF's than most over non Marriott weeks as that is not a cost efective was to vacation. Renting would offer better value and you would have a cash reserve and no high MF's.

Fact is, Also note one one addressed the issue I raised that II knows after millions of deposits what the TRUE exchange value is no matter what certain Marriott owners want to belive.

Fact is Also note one one Marriott owner addressed the issue I raised that II knows after millions of deposits what the exchange value is no matter what certain Marriott owners want to belive.

But it appears IMHO Marriott owners like to sing to the same choir but some call it team Marriott and cry wolf if they are afraid to debate factual points and issues but resort to other tactics to avoid discussing both sides of the "left overs" issue that the Marriott owners bought up IMHO in a dissparing way.

In regards to the OCEAN FRONT Lauguna Surf there are only 25 units and New Port has almost 40 times more units so the Laguna Surf is a harder exchange and that is why there as most Marriotts are a easy exchange like the Newport and IMHO offered so much far better bang for the buck.

Joe, even through you do not want to belive it and try to mock me the PROVEN FACT IS I can use a poor Midwest exchange white week costing 5% Newport does to exchange in. Oh by the way if you were opened minded and took look at the II demand index for summer you would LEARN that a prime summer Wisconsin week hits the top of the II demand Index. II rates it higher than a week 52 in Vegas.

But knowing yours and some of the other Marriott owners style you wil not acknownlegde that II fact backed by millions of II deposits and exchanges.

I have rented summer Christmas Mountain weeks to Marriott owners for 2 reasons. One is their Marriott did not have enough trading power or lack of availabilty. Second It made far more economic sense to do so when all of that Marriott owners Marriott costs were considered.

In comparison Newport compared to our Gold Crown Door County Rushes is that the Newport is Smaller, does out have soaring ceilings its own private garage, free use of sailboats and other water craft, tennis courts and other types of courts, indoor pool, hiking trails ect.

We unlike you are no longer tied to the school calender so we mostly avoid school holiday travel. Seing we live on a Lake in Wisconsin we enjoy our summers here with Bboating etc. Remember the II demand index?

WE prefer Mexico over Hawaii for various sound reasons which because of economic times Hawaii is a easy trade even nn prime times if you know how to use the systems.

Those who love Hawaii, enjoy. Fact is the places you love may be great, but they are not the only great ownerships or exchanges as one size does not fit all.

Bruce

First off I'm never condesending, I'm just stating facts. I love to respectfully argue a point but Marriott owners
The thread started as a Marriott lovefest and you and others hijacked and stated "We can get anything a Marriott owner gets for 5% of the cost." So right away you compell Marriott owners to respond to your misinformation.

We mention Maui and Aruba in the winter, Newport and top HHI in the summer, and high-end ski weeks as the weeks that only an owner of a high value unit, including Starwood, Hyatt, could get.

You argue with lesser resorts Mexico vs Maui and Laguna Surf vs Newport Coast in lesser seasons and insist we're comparing the same thing. That is where the disconnect is, Mexico could never be like Maui, for many, many reasons.

There are alot of great Marriott off-season week (I never said off-season is bad just not prime time when many want to travel) that are exchanged into no doubt, just don't try to proclaim these weeks to be the top prime and use them in your argue because that doesn't hold water.

You and the other Marriott (what's the opposite of apologist?) just ignore factual statements and then offer comparisons like Puerto Vallarta compared to Maui and May Newport Coast vs summer Newport Coast that don't support your argument but you stick with them.

You mention the Laguna Surf. Its rated 88 in the TUG database. Newport Coast in 10. I'm sure its a nice little resort buy do you really think its better than the Marriott Newport Coast? 8 out fo 10 would disagree.

If you made more than me last year in rentals then good for you because that means you did really well.

I'm not sure why some want to criticize Marriott owners, the only thing I can think is envy but it could be that some just like to be argumentative.

You state "Joe you have mostly ducked the monatary issues" and I have no idea what you mean because I love to talk about my Marriott ownership and how it all came about. I've been on TUG for a number of years now and I believe I always been respectful of everyone but some take offense of pro-Marriott comments and try to argue.

I do enjoy a good civil argument but my opponents can't argue with specifics because of their inexpereince so it just breakdown into a mudslinging event. Remember this was a thread started by those that agreed with Greg T. and out of the woodwork comes the slings and arrow.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
A good fair common sense Marriott owner post that acknownlegdes facts that other Marriott owners are unwilling to. Thanks, Bruce:D

I was going to post last night but decided not to...anyway, I think if we don't redirect this thread back to its original topic the moderators will close it down for violating Tug rules; we're really on the line here. There needn't be such negative vibes in what should be an upbeat thread.

Let's try to all agree on some basic points-
-most of us, whether owners or exchangers, have really loved our trips to various Marriotts and have created many wonderful family memories.
-owners can routinely book weeks during their ownership period, and hopefully get to book the week they want a year in advance without the uncertainty of exchanges. They can then plan their trips worry-free, and look for the cheapest airfare
-Marriott owners have an advantage in II for trading into other Marriotts that non-owners do not have
-non-Marriott owners have been fortunate to book Marriotts of their choice from time to time using non-Marriott weeks for exchanges. For the most part, these have been exchanges to smaller units and/or during shoulder or off season, or during Flexchange. Occasionally, a prime weeks does get nabbed by a non-Marriott, slipping through the Marriott preference, whether by mistake in II or some other factor
-there are many other high quality resorts and one can have a wonderful vacation too in resorts that have lesser amenities, so I don't think any Marriott owner here is denigrating other brands. There are Motel 6's and there are Ritz's, many located in the same vicinity, and you can see an area just as easily while sleeping in either at night. Some people would rather use the money elsewhere even if they have it and opt to stay at lesser accommodations and others prefer to spend their vacation dollars that way. I think Marriott owners, for the most part, feel that the extra amenities they get during their stay adds enough to their vacation experience to warrant the cost.
-I think everyone here agrees that Marmots aren't the end all and be all in every location, and there are many other non- branded timeshares that are very nice. But Marriott owners want a certain quality and are generally assured of having it when going to a destination they haven't been to before. For some people, that security is worth the price of admission, so to speak.
-again, no one here is saying that Marriott stays are only for owners and that no non-owners can trade in. I think what is being said is that ownership undeniably does give owners an edge- and during prime time an overwhelming edge- to book Marriott weeks, and most Marriott owners are willing to pay the added cost to have the ability to go where they want and when they want to go (in the case of resort ownership) or a much better chance of exchanging in to where they want when they want in the size unit they want.

It's not an exclusive club, but membership does have it's privileges; while that might not be worth the cost to some, to others it is, and we all need to respect each others' opinions.

Getting back to the topic- because I own a Platinum week in Aruba I can look forward to a Caribbean vacation over the winter. Because I am a Marriott owner I was able to get an additional exchange to match my week exactly about 10 months ago and can enjoy the company of friends as well as family. Oh- and because I am a member of Tug and have "met" such nice people here I was nicely offered an additional week so I was able to invite an additional couple to join us. So let's all remember why we're here- to enjoy using our ownership and help each other explore new ways to enjoy it- whether learning more about the system, learning about new destinations and how to secure trades, and lastly, for enjoying "chatting" with each other and helping each other out!

Last edited:

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I love my Marriott because...

I love my Marriott because I know that I can get 3 weeks of vacation for it. 1 week with my studio. 1 week with my 1 bdrm and every year I get an AC. When I retire, I plan on taking full advantage of this. My time in Hawaii will really be lengthened as I will probably make it my home away from home for sure.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Oh by the way if you were opened minded and took look at the II demand index for summer you would LEARN that a prime summer Wisconsin week hits the top of the II demand Index. II rates it higher than a week 52 in Vegas.

.... Remember the II demand index?

Bruce

Since you are being so factual, you should recognize that a TDI of 150 in Wisconsin does not mean that II rates the week higher than even a 100 elsewhere. TDI is ONLY pertinent for the given region, and reflects relative demand for a given area, and CANNOT be used to compare demand or trading strength between different locales.

So hopefully you now understand the real significance of II's TDI and will not mistakenly reference it as factually supporting something that it does not.

And, Bruce, thanks for the compliment. But I think you miss that many other owners are also willing to admit that these trades happen, just not as frequently as they'd personally be comfortable with, nor for the weeks/sizes they regularly want/need to travel, and therefore feel that paying a premium is worth the security of getting what they want. It is purely a lifestyle choice- much like buying a car. My Lexus will get me to the same place that someone else's smart car may get them to, but I can transport more people, feel more comfortable and secure in it, and enjoy the added amenities. What's right for me may not be right for you- but it's great that we all have such choices.

Admittedly, it is nice playing the game and when you get what you want even with a lesser trader there's definitely a bit of satisfaction in doing that. Much like bargain shopping- as my darling hubbie says "it's the thrill of the hunt." But sometimes if I really need/want something I'll pay a little more just to have it then and there. I think this entire discussion is analogous to that.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I love my Marriott because I know that I can get 3 weeks of vacation for it. 1 week with my studio. 1 week with my 1 bdrm and every year I get an AC. When I retire, I plan on taking full advantage of this. My time in Hawaii will really be lengthened as I will probably make it my home away from home for sure.

Carlito,

Nice work and good planning. I also hope to make Hawaii my home away from home when I retire -- and just need to make sure we have enough space for everybody!

I often think it would be a nice routine for my wife and I to go over after Memorial Day and stay in either Ko Olina or HHV, and then move over to MOC in mid-June when kids (grandkids?) start to get out of school. We would fly everybody out to visit us and hopefully this perpetuates the Maui tradition. I have no idea if this will come to fruition, but I think this would be wonderful if it developed this way.

We will see!

Best,

Greg

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=m61376;1236245]Since you are being so factual, you should recognize that a TDI of 150 in Wisconsin does not mean that II rates the week higher than even a 100 elsewhere. TDI is ONLY pertinent for the given region, and reflects relative demand for a given area, and CANNOT be used to compare demand or trading strength between different locales.

So hopefully you now understand the real significance of II's TDI and will not mistakenly reference it as factually supporting something that it does not.

And, Bruce, thanks for the compliment. But I think you miss that many other owners are also willing to admit that these trades happen, just not as frequently as they'd personally be comfortable with, nor for the weeks/sizes they regularly want/need to travel, and therefore feel that paying a premium is worth the security of getting what they want. It is purely a lifestyle choice- much like buying a car. My Lexus will get me to the same place that someone else's smart car may get them to, but I can transport more people, feel more comfortable and secure in it, and enjoy the added amenities. What's right for me may not be right for you- but it's great that we all have such choices.

Admittedly, it is nice playing the game and when you get what you want even with a lesser trader there's definitely a bit of satisfaction in doing that. Much like bargain shopping- as my darling hubbie says "it's the thrill of the hunt." But sometimes if I really need/want something I'll pay a little more just to have it then and there. I think this entire discussion is analogous to that.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome and I agree up to a certain Point about your Quote"

m61376;1236245]Since you are being so factual, you should recognize that a TDI of 150 in Wisconsin does not mean that II rates the week higher than even a 100 elsewhere. TDI is ONLY pertinent for the given region, and reflects relative demand for a given area, and CANNOT be used to compare demand or trading strength between different locales.

" Unquote

I understood that fact over 10 years ago when I joined II and statred doing rentals. It as factually supporting up to a point in regards to value but it is a fun question to ask those snobs that think the midwest has no demand value. II says differant in the II demand charts no matter how others want to spin it to fit their agenda.

I also understand that some exchange comanies rate Florida as having redtime all year which is a joke.

IMHO the real Market Value Demand Exchange power imeasuring stick is the amount Rental income that one ownership can generate for the upfront amount of buying and the on going costs as Cash is King and the resales % returned on a Developer or resale wek being resold. It seems a lot of Marriott owners can not understand that simple baic fact. Ebay buyer do on what they will pay for differant Marriotts.

Seeing Joe has brough up the suject many times over the years and in this string about how his Marriott has saved him on air fares we have done better using RCI Points with our Christmas Mountain UDI's were we can get 8 to 10 yearly resevations out of just one ownership.We because of these low costs looted the RCI Points airfares (at about 50% off ) and could get Disney Park tickets at about 75% off but that is no more.

The reason is out of our Christmas Mountain Is both II and RCI and we can also put those into RCI Points and many other exchange companies. We are cutting back on all of our ownerships as we had 32 two years ago and are down to 24. Two years ago we had 14 CMV (Christmas MountainUDI's) and now we have 8 as listed on our Tug profile.

I have reservered in the 10 years at least over 700 reservation Christmas Mountain and Timbers at Christmas Mountain reservations. Our Timber at Christmas Mountain UDI's MF's are $1,040. But each reservation costs us a $55 housekeeping fees so if we only get 10 reservations per ownership the average cost per reservation of less than $160.
By the way we get free gold and free ski lift prilivages with our Timbers at Christmas Mountain UDI's.

Please name us one Marriott that can do the things above that our at Christmas Mountain UDI's in one years on just one ownership. To my knownlegde that some Marriott owners say is so limited compared to theirs I do not think there is a Marriott so flexable and that be as cost effective with the perks on a ongoing basis.

In fact we are facing a special asscessment but IMHO far less than the sales creatures posted on the resoprts website.If we get hit big it will just lower our rental profits from the padst several years

But for Joe and the others to make the claim that they have more experiance than 700 weeks of just our Christmas MountainUDI's and not counting our 34 or so ownerships we have owned rented or exchanged lets see their proof with would be unable to produce because they do not have the vast amount of provable facts like we do.

In regards to your "But I think you miss that many other owners are also willing to admit that these trades happen, just not as frequently as they'd personally be comfortable with"

I will respectfully as unlike you they may be afraid to post those that fact as they may feel Team Marriott may make person snide unfounded attack comments instead of addressing issues.

Bruce

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QUOTE=m61376;1236245]Since you are being so factual, you should recognize that a TDI of 150 in Wisconsin does not mean that II rates the week higher than even a 100 elsewhere. TDI is ONLY pertinent for the given region, and reflects relative demand for a given area, and CANNOT be used to compare demand or trading strength between different locales.

Admittedly, it is nice playing the game and when you get what you want even with a lesser trader there's definitely a bit of satisfaction in doing that. Much like bargain shopping- as my darling hubbie says "it's the thrill of the hunt." But sometimes if I really need/want something I'll pay a little more just to have it then and there. I think this entire discussion is analogous to that.

I agree up to a certain Point about your Quote"

m61376;1236245]Since you are being so factual, you should recognize that a TDI of 150 in Wisconsin does not mean that II rates the week higher than even a 100 elsewhere. TDI is ONLY pertinent for the given region, and reflects relative demand for a given area, and CANNOT be used to compare demand or trading strength between different locales.

" Unquote

I understood that fact over 10 years ago when I joined II and statred doing rentals. It as factually supporting up to a point in regards to value but it is a fun question to ask those snobs that think the midwest has no demand value. II says differant in the II demand charts no matter how others want to spin it to fit their agenda.

I also understand that some exchange comanies rate Florida as having redtime all year which is a joke.

IMHO the real Market Value Demand Exchange power imeasuring stick is the amount Rental income that one ownership can generate for the upfront amount of buying and the on going costs as Cash is King and the resales % returned on a Developer or resale wek being resold. It seems a lot of Marriott owners can not understand that simple baic fact. Ebay buyer do on what they will pay for differant Marriotts.

Seeing Joe has brough up the suject many times over the years and in this string about how his Marriott has saved him on air fares we have done better using RCI Points with our Christmas Mountain UDI's were we can get 8 to 10 yearly resevations out of just one ownership.We because of these low costs looted the RCI Points airfares (at about 50% off ) and could get Disney Park tickets at about 75% off but that is no more.

The reason is out of our Christmas Mountain Is both II and RCI and we can also put those into RCI Points and many other exchange companies. We are cutting back on all of our ownerships as we had 32 two years ago and are down to 24. Two years ago we had 14 CMV (Christmas MountainUDI's) and now we have 8 as listed on our Tug profile.

I have reservered in the 10 years at least over 700 reservation Christmas Mountain and Timbers at Christmas Mountain reservations. Our Timber at Christmas Mountain UDI's MF's are $1,040. But each reservation costs us a $55 housekeeping fees so if we only get 10 reservations per ownership the average cost per reservation of less than $160.
By the way we get free gold and free ski lift prilivages with our Timbers at Christmas Mountain UDI's.

Please name us one Marriott that can do the things above that our at Christmas Mountain UDI's in one years on just one ownership. To my knownlegde that some Marriott owners say is so limited compared to theirs I do not think there is a Marriott so flexable and that be as cost effective with the perks on a ongoing basis.

In fact we are facing a special asscessment but IMHO far less than the sales creatures posted on the resoprts website.If we get hit big it will just lower our rental profits from the padst several years

But for Joe and the others to make the claim that they have more experiance than 700 weeks of just our Christmas MountainUDI's and not counting our 34 or so ownerships we have owned rented or exchanged lets see their proof with would be unable to produce because they do not have the vast amount of provable facts like we do..

Thank you for the contribution.

Please feel free to start a thread somewhere (else) that says "This is why I love my Christmas Mountain timeshare" and list the reasons. I will listen to your positive stories and will be happy for you.

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

But for Joe and the others to make the claim that they have more experiance than 700 weeks of just our Christmas MountainUDI's and not counting our 34 or so ownerships we have owned rented or exchanged lets see their proof with would be unable to produce because they do not have the vast amount of provable facts like we do..

I don't get it, why does it have to come down to money and financial sense in order to love a product? Why are you so fixated on the financial sense of all of this. Give it up, no one wants to hear your argument anymore.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, why does it have to come down to money and financial sense in order to love a product? Why are you so fixated on the financial sense of all of this. Give it up, no one wants to hear your argument anymore.

Joe brings it up if you checked his other Tug postings and bought it up even before I posted or are you forgetting that fact.

Look are entittled to your opinion but I note unlike some of the common sense ones who seem to be fair and balanced ones you ducked the other issues.

Just keeping :cheer: peaching to the same like minded Team Marriott that your Team Marriott viewsare the only correct ones any any others views contary to :rofl: yours are wrong.

Bruce

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I think this thread has crossed over into a realm of no return.

At the end of the day, it's all about what makes you and your family happy no matter what you own. If you purchased prime weeks at the top Marriotts, that's great. If you can trade into weeks that satisfies your travel needs: wonderful! At this point, I don't see why there is a debate and really it has become counter productive.

Just enjoy your vacations how you choose to enjoy them.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Please name us one Marriott that can do the things above that our at Christmas Mountain UDI's in one years on just one ownership.

DISCLAIMER: I know I'm going to regret perpetuating this -- sorry all.

Bruce,

I'm happy for you that you've got a timeshare that works for you -- I don't mean to condescend here, but the last TUG reviews (which may not reflect how you feel about your timeshare) don't reflect the type of timeshare that I am looking for. The last review depicts a worn property in a small ski town (but with some good features to it). It is nice that you've been there 10 times for $160 each stay, but that's not what I am looking for.

I fully acknowledge that you may have the same fond memories of that property with your family for years to come -- which would be great -- and I fully hope that property is still there in 20 years for the next generation to enjoy.

I am willing to pay a premium -- a big premium -- for different amenities and comforts that Marriott provides. That doesn't make either one of us right or wrong and it doesn't mean your stupid or that I am stupid. We just have different desires.

Timeos will argue that I can just rent and owning is not necessary, but my personal preference is to not be still searching for that week/view when FF awards open, and both week & view are important to me. Everyone has a system that works for them.

So, Timbers at Christmas Mountain may be a great property for you, but it isn't what I'm looking for. I'm still loving my Marriotts (and Hilton and Starwood and Worldmark).

Best,

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just keeping :cheer: peaching to the same like minded Team Marriott that your Team Marriott viewsare the only correct ones any any others views contary to :rofl: yours are wrong.

Bruce

Bruce, I would say that you have a similar like minded view, just from the other side. Doesn't make one right or wrong Bruce.

Bruce, you also noted in another post that Joe was being condescending. Did you go back and count how many times you said Joe's name in your responses to him? Perhaps you should Bruce. Do you talk like that in the real world? If you did Bruce, I would take that as being condescending. It comes across as speaking AT someone Bruce, not WITH someone.

Would I talk like that when I was talking with someone in a conversation? Absolutely not.

Also note, after over five years and 1600 posts on this board, I would have thought you would know how to use multi quote. It is that little button beside the Quote button. My last response required a lot of work to clean up the "quoting" mess you left behind. Take a look at post 142, it sure isn't easy to figure out where your quotes of Joe's responses end and your response starts.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see by the time of your last post you may not be getting enough sleep as you seemingly have posts and facts confused..

Again Joe, you try to pick and choose and claim not to be arrogant. "Quoting you"What I find amusing is those that try to refute have no :rofl: experience obtaining these weeks but yet they speak as an authority. And no a May week at Newport Coast is not a prime week. " Unquote

When I get home I would be happy to send you some of the Marriott and Disney exchanges from our desk top and show were we have gotten them with some timeshares that cost us les than :cheer: $1,000.

I see one of your cohorts points to my spelling and tone towards some arrogant owners but does not address or try refute even one of the facts I posted.

Did my first post mentionnof New port mention a Newport Summer week., no it did not. For you to imply that it did does not reflect well on your creditability. It did ask you directly about the chances getting a Newport White week in exchange for a non Newport white week. So do not try to claim my first question to you was about a red week.?

Joe, you have posts in other non Marriott strings onn Tug right now bragging about your rental profits so your claim about you not talking about financials is not correct to say the least.

I see that you did dare to respond to this fact so I will post it again.

Fact is, It is a double standand if a Marriott owner uses his Newport May week it was a god investment. But if a exchager uses it for far less money inn MF's you and others called it a left over as if was undesirable.

Fact is, But the way I get Marriotts is a Marriott owner to go out of the Marriott system to get other "non Marriott owners left overs "that most likely cost those non Marriott owners far less unfront money and far less money in on going costs.

It seems some Marriott owners want to feel supperior the the weeks they use to exchange into II are leftovers. Why is that seeing those weeks have higher MF's than most over non Marriott weeks as that is not a cost efective was to vacation. Renting would offer better value and you would have a cash reserve and no high MF's.

Fact is, Also note one one addressed the issue I raised that II knows after millions of deposits what the TRUE exchange value is no matter what certain Marriott owners want to belive.

Fact is Also note one one Marriott owner addressed the issue I raised that II knows after millions of deposits what the exchange value is no matter what certain Marriott owners want to belive.

But it appears IMHO Marriott owners like to sing to the same choir but some call it team Marriott and cry wolf if they are afraid to debate factual points and issues but resort to other tactics to avoid discussing both sides of the "left overs" issue that the Marriott owners bought up IMHO in a dissparing way.

In regards to the OCEAN FRONT Lauguna Surf there are only 25 units and New Port has almost 40 times more units so the Laguna Surf is a harder exchange and that is why there as most Marriotts are a easy exchange like the Newport and IMHO offered so much far better bang for the buck.

Joe, even through you do not want to belive it and try to mock me the PROVEN FACT IS I can use a poor Midwest exchange white week costing 5% Newport does to exchange in. Oh by the way if you were opened minded and took look at the II demand index for summer you would LEARN that a prime summer Wisconsin week hits the top of the II demand Index. II rates it higher than a week 52 in Vegas.

But knowing yours and some of the other Marriott owners style you wil not acknownlegde that II fact backed by millions of II deposits and exchanges.

I have rented summer Christmas Mountain weeks to Marriott owners for 2 reasons. One is their Marriott did not have enough trading power or lack of availabilty. Second It made far more economic sense to do so when all of that Marriott owners Marriott costs were considered.

In comparison Newport compared to our Gold Crown Door County Rushes is that the Newport is Smaller, does out have soaring ceilings its own private garage, free use of sailboats and other water craft, tennis courts and other types of courts, indoor pool, hiking trails ect.

We unlike you are no longer tied to the school calender so we mostly avoid school holiday travel. Seing we live on a Lake in Wisconsin we enjoy our summers here with Bboating etc. Remember the II demand index?

WE prefer Mexico over Hawaii for various sound reasons which because of economic times Hawaii is a easy trade even nn prime times if you know how to use the systems.

Those who love Hawaii, enjoy. Fact is the places you love may be great, but they are not the only great ownerships or exchanges as one size does not fit all.

Bruce

Bruce - from what I've read Laguna Beach Resort doesn't even have a pool, and you still want to say it more in demand?

I'm not sure why you continue to come after my TS lifestyle but that's OK I'm a big boy. One thing for sure I don't bragg about my ownership, so you're off base with that. Please point out where I bragg vs just stating my case.

As for Newport Gold May week, I never said it was a high demand because I know its not.

I'm sorry if you think I'm mocking you, because I'm not. I respect the fact that even one has a right to their opinion, however wrong it may be.

You're the one that comes across uptight because we don't agree with you.

The argument is can non-Marriotts get prime time weeks. I say no and ask for examples. You and the others "Marriott haters" come back with non-sensical examples like Newport May and then say well Mexico is better than Maui anyway.

Pleas one example of a trade into a 2BDRM prime Marriott week using a low-end CMV like week and I'll tip my cap to you and say wow you were right.

Please don't come back with nonsense about how Wiscosin has the same demand, because that is utterly ridiculous. So if all things being the same, cost and availability you think more people would want to spend there summer in Wis than So Cal? Sorry that is just ridculous.

If you've read my posts you'd see that getting great Marriott trades in the shoudler season is very possible because we've seen many examples, like your Newport May week. That is an excllent trade and you should be happy with that.

What you can't do is score a 2BDRM prime time week and you and others refuse to accept that and you are 100% wrong in not acknowledging that.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=m61376;1236245]

I understood that fact over 10 years ago when I joined II and statred doing rentals. It as factually supporting up to a point in regards to value but it is a fun question to ask those snobs that think the midwest has no demand value. II says differant in the II demand charts no matter how others want to spin it to fit their agenda

Bruce

M61376 was pointing out that the TDI charts measured demand for a given area relative to other weeks of the year, not relative to other areas. There was no snobbery nor any assertion that the midwest was more or less in demand. Just that your representation of II's trade demand index was inaccurate.

If timeos2, and to a lesser degree myself, sent this thread sideways, then you, by comparison, have hijacked this thread into the WTC. Cmon man, chill out and let folks celebrate without exhibiting this unfounded paranoia that other folks' happiness with their timeshares is some veiled attack on the way you choose to vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.