• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Theme park tickets - cost

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
4-Park Magic ticket also expires 14 days from first use or by May 26, whichever comes first.

And park visits must be on 'separate' days.

And I agree with paxsarah, $70/day is a decent price compared to other options.

thecoops

Reaction score
What resort are you staying at? Most of the resorts have so much going on there you really don't need to leave to go to the parts. Look my advise is if your kids have never done Disney do a day pass. One day, and work the fastpass system. It can be done in one day if you plan it, organize it, and plan on being there open to close. I did it 5 different times with 6 kids. If you want I will call you and explain how I did it. How old are the kids that are going with you.

We have a place booked for Orlando at Easter and are struggling with the same issues. I almost immediately decided against trying for any kind of Disney visit. Looking into Universal for 2 or 3 days tops and even that seems prohibitively expensive and looks to be too crowded not to do some kind of front of the line pass. We just aren't looking to spend $900+ for 5 (not including food) for 2 days at a crowded theme park when 2 out of the 5 (DH and 97yo GM) do not like rides. Still looking into SeaWorld but ready to give up on that too and and just enjoy the resort and keep busy with other activities.

To the OP, I can't imagine getting 2 days Disney and 2 days Universal for less than $800 including only basic tickets and parking. If you pick one or the other (which still could include 2-4 different parks just in the same family of parks) for 4 days you might get it down to $600.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Staying at Marriott Grande Vista. Boys will be 11 yo and 15 yo.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Not directly related to where you stay but did the park over Easter in 2014 and were surprised to find all of the local grocery stores closed on Easter (bible belt).

There are 5 Wal-Mart Supercenters with full grocery sections in Orlando.
They were open last Easter.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
With two teenagers, I think your priority will be Universal over Disney. AAA offers these prices:
2 Day Base Plus 2 Park to Park Access:

Adult or Child Gate Price AAA Discount AAA Price
Adult $271.56 $24.30 $247.26
Child $260.91 $24.30 $236.61

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is offering discounts passes to Florida residents. A three (3) days pass for $139 and you can add a fourth day :thumbup:for an extra twenty dollars.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Disney really check to see are you a Florida resident at the gate?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Yes. I believe it's just the first time, in order to activate the ticket, not on subsequent entries.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I am a Florida resident so can speak from experience. You can buy your Florida resident ticket or pass online but you will have to show identification to prove you are a Florida resident to activate the ticket or pass the first time you use it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If they didn't, the program would be filled with abuse.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can a Florida purchase a block of tickets for guests?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Yes a Florida resident can purchase a block of tickets for guests but if those tickets are Florida resident tickets the guests will still have to show a Florida ID to use them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They can as long as the guests are Florida residents too. Again, they have to be strict on this because there would be far too much abuse and/or people would just buy them cheap as Florida residents and resell them online.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know anyone that works in a Union? My union (I live in NY so it's forced on us), has pretty good deals. 5-day adult park hopper for $385 and 3-day 2-park Universal for $204 (adult). Cheapest I've seen anywhere (I've checked many a website). Although the tickets2you.com was pretty close (within a few bucks). Short of attending a timeshare sales presentation. LOL!

I got $200 of disney gift cards when Rite Aid had their after black-friday special (you got like 5% off, and 10% plenti-points and then I used my Chase Freedom card for 5% back on "drugstores".)

mwaahaaa

:)