• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a genius among us and I can't remember who it was. About a year ago someone used the word 'silos' to describe how Wyndham was operating. It dawned on me today - this is exactly why they are having the problems they are having. The depth of CR, the depth of forward credit pooling, the lack of knowledge on how the reservation system is used and what search functions are necessary...just think these folks don't know and don't care what the other compartments are doing/thinking/needing. Legal might not have liked certain 'fairness' principles but sales was pushing the dog out of it.

Who ever that was NAILED it. SILOS = Wyndham management philosophy.

I think I was the first to say the problem at Wyndham is (was) that the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing. I know thats what was behind my suspension. One group at wyndham allowed me even encouraged me to do what I was doing, and another group suspended my account for doing it

Someone else, here, told me that in business terminology that's whats called silos

Heres what I said Sept 2 2016
" in large organizations the left hand doesmt always know what the right hand is doing (or why) or how everything fits together in the organization"

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
I think we are coming to an understanding. Ill agree VIP points are worth more than non VIP points, and Ill agree that Wyndham sales promoted the cancel rebook trick to make sales. and Ill agree that the cancel/rebook trick does no real harm to any other owner, or Wyndham. (also happen to understand co-skiers argument that the competition dynamic is changed with all the cancelled points thrown back into the mix)

and we agree on the most important point. Wyndham isnt going to allow us to cancel and rebook any longer. If the auto upgrade thing dosent work, then they will probably do something else.

Where I think we disagree is that I would say; the discount program was never intended by Wyndham to give VIP's discounts on every reservation.

So what to do now.... Ive stopped looking back to the good old days (for me thats pre August 2016)and Im planning for a future without discounted vacations.
My only point ever has been that while some didn't like it, it was created and promoted for exactly what was being done. It was not, is not and has not been a rule violation under ANY interpretation of the rules. For MANY reasons Wyndham has implemented changes. In some cases to lessen c/r in some cases to make booking more difficult, in some cases to limit credit pooling - in all cases to devalue ownership added value. There is no one reason and in fact if they wanted to stop c/r all they ever had to do was randomize inventory return from 10 minutes to 10 hours and boom - it was over.

I don't get on a soap box often but anytime someone wants to call C/R a rule violation or manipulation I'm going to get my box back out because that is calling people who utilized it unethical and fraudulent when in fact all we did was exactly what Wyndham told us, sold us, promoted to us and helped us do.

As to looking back and going forward. Again - I am having great success. The only exception is bonnet creek but I've talked with several folks that are having worse issues. I still think that platinum status owners are going to have a HUGE advantage on the upgrades. In fact I learned that I can book inside 60-45 days and select automatic upgrade and if an upgrade comes on day 47 - platinum gets it over the gold who booked six months earlier where as before everyone had the same opportunity the disparity between status levels is HUGE even if only for a 15 day window - but that 15 days will be massive transaction periods.

Lots to learn and I enjoy the challenge. Have a good nite.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Folks who bought VIP platinum paid $100k plus PER 1 million points. They are entitled to the discounts, book, hold cancel anyway they see fit. It is ridiculous for ANYONE to suggest that the ownership purchased for $12,000 should have the same benefits as the one purchased for $120,000. That is just silly communism thinking.
For you to say VIPs are entitled to discounts,book,hold cancel anyway they see fit.
Wyndham says that is a false statement loud and clear.
Why else do you think Wyndham introduced the auto upgrade ?
If your statement was true Wyndham would just give you the discount and upgrade on all reservations at the time of booking.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't get on a soap box often but anytime someone wants to call C/R a rule violation or manipulation I'm going to get my box back out because that is calling people who utilized it unethical and fraudulent when in fact all we did was exactly what Wyndham told us, sold us, promoted to us and helped us do..
For all of us that think cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade was an unfair advantage and a manipulation of the system.
You just called it fraud again. NOT ME
I would say Wyndham also thinks it was an unfair advantage and manipulation of the system.
Result of Wyndham saying it was is the new auto upgrade benefit.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
For you to say VIPs are entitled to discounts,book,hold cancel anyway they see fit.Wyndham says that is a false statement loud and clear. Why else do you think Wyndham introduced the auto upgrade ? If your statement was true Wyndham would just give you the discount and upgrade on all reservations at the time of booking.
With the new website are auto upgrades available to all owners or just VIP owners like before?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
With the new website are auto upgrades available to all owners or just VIP owners like before?

I think they were asking about the VIP part. So yes upgrades are only a VIP perk.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I stopped reading this thread on page 45. Tonight I caught back up. Now I have a headache and need a beer....

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I stopped reading this thread on page 45. Tonight I caught back up. Now I have a headache and need a beer....
If it's only a beer you need, I admire your fortitude!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your statement was true Wyndham would just give you the discount and upgrade on all reservations at the time of booking.

This actually is a good point. There were a couple of issues; one of the issues was the number of reservations tied up to enable the cancel/rebook/upgrade trick. The other was the large discrepancy between the rack rate and actual rate paid by platinum VIP owners for certain reservations. The oft-used example is a 3BR for half the 1BR price, but there were scenarios enabling even greater spreads with net point costs of less than 1/8th the rack rate.

If Wyndham wanted to eliminate a lot of the "noise" in the system (i.e, reservations that were "placeholders" that would be canceled and then rebooked) they could easily have implemented an immediate discount option. The fact they didn't shows that was never the true intent. Yes, it was a loophole; that it was known and commonly used as a sales tool doesn't mean that getting every reservation at discount and upgrade was the intent.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
For all of us that think cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade was an unfair advantage and a manipulation of the system.
I would say Wyndham also thinks it was an unfair advantage and manipulation of the system.

Since none of us were actually in those meetings with the Wyndham executives to hear the information presented and the ensuing discussions when all of this was being decided, everything we come up with is speculation, conjecture, observations or our own personal bias talking. I think that we can agree that Wyndham's intent is to hamstring/eliminate the mega renters and point managers who made a profitable business out of taking every opportunity to make the most out of the ARP and book/cancel/rebook/upgrade. Do I wish that Wyndham had found other ways to do this that didn't hurt the vast majority of the other VIP owners? Absolutely! Was that even possible? From some of the things OP have suggested they could have done I have to say that it is probably very likely. But some of those suggestions would have made many VIP owners equally unhappy too.

As I've said in previous posts the few reservations made with our ARP never seemed to work out for us so I've only used it a couple of times in all the years we've owned. I've also said that we rarely plan anything very far out so book/cancel/rebook/upgrade wasn't something we needed or relied on. But I was told over and over how to do all those things by both sales and the VC's. Plus the website made it so easy to do those things even if I didn't need or use them.

How did all of you learn to use your Wyndham ownership? We've owned since before the website was even available and I only discovered TUG a few years ago. Those of you who can read the directory and are good to go are the envy of the rest of us! All I got out of the directory was information about the resorts and units and the point charts. Most of what I learned was from the sales people and VC's. I've said that we used to go to the sales presentations and owner updates because I usually learned something. And I will always be grateful for the VC's who were absolutely wonderful about teaching me. The owner website was available for awhile before one of the VC's convinced me that I was missing out by not learning to use it. I quickly mastered the website because it was easy to use and so much of what I had learned finally clicked. I could understand what I was seeing because it was all on one page and finding what was available was very easy. The new website is hard for all of us but I pity new owners tying to learn how to use their ownership with this new website, the wait times to call in and the VC's unable to be much help with anything. Maybe they are better off because they never knew the old website. I'm clinging to the hope that when Wyndham has accomplished their goals with this new website that they will find ways to make it more user friendly. That may be totally unrealistic but hope springs eternal!

We all know that changes to the VIP benefits was and still is always a possibility. How many sales would Fairfield then Wyndham have made without those VIP benefits? All of us who continued to buy developer points to reach the different VIP levels did so to get those VIP benefits. So yes right now many of us are feeling like we purchased a loaded BMW I8 and now Wyndham has shown up on our doorstep to take back that lovely machine and expects us to be happy with the bottom of the line BMW 2 Series that they are giving us in place of it because look it is still a BMW. And doesn't having a BMW at all make us feel so much more special than our neighbors with the used recent model Toyota Camry or the new Kia Rio.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
We have a genius among us and I can't remember who it was. About a year ago someone used the word 'silos' to describe how Wyndham was operating. It dawned on me today - this is exactly why they are having the problems they are having. The depth of CR, the depth of forward credit pooling, the lack of knowledge on how the reservation system is used and what search functions are necessary...just think these folks don't know and don't care what the other compartments are doing/thinking/needing. Legal might not have liked certain 'fairness' principles but sales was pushing the dog out of it.

Who ever that was NAILED it. SILOS = Wyndham management philosophy.

It looks like the winner was T-Dot in a post from last September:
Your post describes a corporation that is comprised of business silos that are
not working in unison .

happyhopian

Reaction score
You just called it fraud again. NOT ME
you are entitled to your opinion - as unsupportable as it is, you are still entitled to it. I don't think they do and in fact THEY have promoted it, supported it and never prohibited it - even in today's system (I just did a c/r/u at BC for August 1st -4th into a 3 bedroom)

happyhopian

Reaction score
Since none of us were actually in those meetings with the Wyndham executives to hear the information presented and the ensuing discussions when all of this was being decided, everything we come up with is speculation, conjecture, observations or our own personal bias talking. I think that we can agree that Wyndham's intent is to hamstring/eliminate the mega renters and point managers who made a profitable business out of taking every opportunity to make the most out of the ARP and book/cancel/rebook/upgrade. Do I wish that Wyndham had found other ways to do this that didn't hurt the vast majority of the other VIP owners? Absolutely! Was that even possible? From some of the things OP have suggested they could have done I have to say that it is probably very likely. But some of those suggestions would have made many VIP owners equally unhappy too.

As I've said in previous posts the few reservations made with our ARP never seemed to work out for us so I've only used it a couple of times in all the years we've owned. I've also said that we rarely plan anything very far out so book/cancel/rebook/upgrade wasn't something we needed or relied on. But I was told over and over how to do all those things by both sales and the VC's. Plus the website made it so easy to do those things even if I didn't need or use them.

How did all of you learn to use your Wyndham ownership? We've owned since before the website was even available and I only discovered TUG a few years ago. Those of you who can read the directory and are good to go are the envy of the rest of us! All I got out of the directory was information about the resorts and units and the point charts. Most of what I learned was from the sales people and VC's. I've said that we used to go to the sales presentations and owner updates because I usually learned something. And I will always be grateful for the VC's who were absolutely wonderful about teaching me. The owner website was available for awhile before one of the VC's convinced me that I was missing out by not learning to use it. I quickly mastered the website because it was easy to use and so much of what I had learned finally clicked. I could understand what I was seeing because it was all on one page and finding what was available was very easy. The new website is hard for all of us but I pity new owners tying to learn how to use their ownership with this new website, the wait times to call in and the VC's unable to be much help with anything. Maybe they are better off because they never knew the old website. I'm clinging to the hope that when Wyndham has accomplished their goals with this new website that they will find ways to make it more user friendly. That may be totally unrealistic but hope springs eternal!

We all know that changes to the VIP benefits was and still is always a possibility. How many sales would Fairfield then Wyndham have made without those VIP benefits? All of us who continued to buy developer points to reach the different VIP levels did so to get those VIP benefits. So yes right now many of us are feeling like we purchased a loaded BMW I8 and now Wyndham has shown up on our doorstep to take back that lovely machine and expects us to be happy with the bottom of the line BMW 2 Series that they are giving us in place of it because look it is still a BMW. And doesn't having a BMW at all make us feel so much more special than our neighbors with the used recent model Toyota Camry or the new Kia Rio.
Jan - stop whining. You should feel special, grateful and above all honored that they still let you play in their sandbox :)

happyhopian

Reaction score
If Wyndham wanted to eliminate a lot of the "noise" in the system (i.e, reservations that were "placeholders" that would be canceled and then rebooked) they could easily have implemented an immediate discount option. The fact they didn't shows that was never the true intent. Yes, it was a loophole; that it was known and commonly used as a sales tool doesn't mean that getting every reservation at discount and upgrade was the intent.

I can agree with this, but there is a point, remember that c/r held an inherent risk - losing the reservation, which happened to all of us. There were MANY things Wyndham could have done to stop this and much much simpler than what they did (randomizing the return to inventory has been the most obvious). Ultimately they haven't changed much. For so long as they allow upgrades. I can still reserve two units at the time of checkin at ARP and then cancel the top on 60 days or 55 days or 46 days and roll it back to me - IF we trusted the system to work correctly. That's really more of the issue. As I keep saying CRU isn't gone. Certainly it is much more limited as is everything else with the website but it is still there and will still be made use of.

As to the why did they implement auto-upgrade that is simple in my opinion. The same reason they now require a guest cert on 48 hours. They wanted to stop the hoarding of inventory which was hurting their ability to populate extra holidays. Sure they want the members to have more accessibility but the swapping of inventory inside 60 days was taking place as they were also sucking back inventory for extra holidays - remember the old trick where inventory never came back into the system.

Look I don't dispute that Wyndham has changed the ability of CRU but to say that was their intention in these changes is like bringing the election of Donald Trump to one reason. There are MANY reasons and many side effects. I don't think any of us can or will know which was intended or a side effect for years.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Auto Upgrades still not working .... an example.

I have an existing 1BR reservations for Four nites in late August for which I requested an Auto Upgrade if it becomes available.

Two days ago I noticed that a Three BR had come back into inventory for the same four nites
(maybe more) ..... but my 1BR had not been upgraded.

So I decided to 'gamble' and see how long it would take to upgrade.

Well, it's been 48 hours.
No Upgrade for me ... and the Three BR is still available to be booked at full or discounted VIP rates.

I don't like the latest "improvement" in Wyndham rules ... but I can live with "half a loaf" compared to old rules/system.

What's really galling is that Wyndham can't implement it's own rules.... so we don't even get the promised "half a loaf"

.... and to add insult to injury, they still don't seem to be able to keep track of how many Wyn Points,
ie money, owners have in their accounts.

We've been living with a year of Chaos .... and there's no sign when it will end.

I miss Fairfield......

yep, I am an old timer who remembers when owners were King and when existing owners constituted more than half of Fairfields new sales.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I don't think Wyndham did any of this to screw the VIP's. They had a serious problem and they had to fix it. The problem with C/R was not the rebooking at lower costs but all the extra points that the process was returning to accounts when a cancellation was done. Combine that with all the credit pooling and the trust was in danger of collapsing because there had to have been more points in the system for this year than available reservations. Thus all the Megarenters got suspended ,along with plenty of collateral damage, to keep them from using their points and collapsing the system. I believe that if you got ANY extra points you shouldn't have had you got suspended. And you stayed suspended until the dust settled.

Wyndham thought they could fix it all with Voyager. For some reason they could not fix the old system because they could not figure out how the extra points were being credited. Somebody with an IT background can speak to that. So it went something like this....

Management: We need Voyager online now

IT: It's not ready

Management: get it ready now

IT: We are still at least a year away, it needs testing

Management: Test it on the owners cause we won't have a company in a year otherwise.

IT: oh, okay.....

Let's move on and look at it from Wyndham's perspective. With the suspensions they avoid total disaster. Now they look at the business end. Remember how we talk about giving reservations to Extra Holidays and only getting one or two nights rented and losing the rest of the points? I am pretty sure that was happening a lot to Wyndham to, and who did they point the finger at? EBay. Wyndham doesn't care about the occasional renter offsetting his MF's. But the guys who were renting Bonnet Creek 4 BR PR for way under point costs pissed them off. Wyndham wants to rent those for $400-500 a night . Time to put an end to that, and they did. I don't think Wyndham is grabbing anything more than they ever did, but they are renting more of the ones they have.

But they still have one major problem to deal with and that is the Website. That was a complete disaster. They had no idea it was going to go so miserably. This is going to cost them way more than anything EH brings in. Any owners out there going to buy any more points right now? Can any of us on TUG say they would entertain that idea? My question to you IT people, what is the best course of action with data that is so corrupted? Can tHis be fixed? Do you start over again with another system? Do you save the old system databases, plug them into a new working version of Voyager and roll everybody's account status back to May 21? That might be the best option IMO. What with cancellations of vacations and upgrades happening left and right what else can you do? The problems here are way bigger than the horrendous search feature we are dealing with.

C/R....... It will still be a part of the VIP ownership. It will be harder to do. But it is here to stay.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing will change - sales weasels will continue to lie, twist the facts and tell half truths. That's their job: lie and say anything to make a sale. They are free to say whatever they have to to make a sale because buried in the contract the new owner (the mark) signs releases the sales weasels and Wyndham from the lies told upon the purchase, in so many words. If statements made during the sale process were to be held as fact timeshare sales would drop off considerably.
I have heard this ever since I found TUG
But now all of you are saying how valuable and honest all those sales weasels were.
In promoting and teaching you the cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard this ever since I found TUG
But now all of you are saying how valuable and honest all those sales weasels were.
In promoting and teaching you the cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade.
Really? Do u really believe that? Did sales teach us or did we teach them?

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm so indebted to all of you!!
Everything I have learned. I learned it here.
Others gave credit to sales for promoting and teaching cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade in order to justify doing it and claiming Wyndham encouraged it.

About 3 weeks ago Ron posted something that saved my ---. And the best part Ron didn't even know his post could have such an impact on anyone.
I thanked Ron profusely in PMs. And will do so again here
Huge Thank You Ron !!

Thanks to all of you !! But that doesn't mean I have to turn my opinions off.
I love good conversation!!! I won't take it personally
Jan M. Is always so elegant in her post. I find it very hard to disagree with you Jan M.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like the winner was T-Dot in a post from last September:
and the post T-Dot was referring to when she/he said "your post" was mine from Sept 2.. I had the concept, not the name

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
and the post T-Dot was referring to when she/he said "your post" was mine from Sept 2.. I had the concept, not the name

And actually, in my search for the earliest mention of silos I also came across a thread you started several years ago with the topic "Right hand, left hand" (though in that case I think you were talking mostly about sales) - so you have definitely been talking about the lack of communication between different areas of Wyndham for a long time! :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I havent been in the policy meeting when they discuss "intent" and formulate the plans to make that intent reality, but I have been in the meetings where they implement those plans. You are probably right when you say Wyndhams intent with the new rules was to attack the mega renters. I think it was Chapjim that said it in one of his posts...Wyndham was really clever. They are able to say this has nothing to do with renting. Renting is still allowed. They havent spoken to renting at all. What they have done (they say) is to make the system fair. and they are doing it by introducing new benefits

In one meeting I was in, this comment was made...."You guys have a big commercial operation going, dont you." and in another "This isnt about renting, it never was. Its all about fairness" and in other meetings, they spent a great deal of time having me explain how I used the credit pool, cancel and rebook and the timeshare relief companies to do what I do. At one point, one of the executives said, regarding cancel and rebook..."you have to know, that isnt the way that VIP discount benefit was meant to work"

And there are others here that had similar meetings and could tell you the same thing

So i would take issue with your statement that our posts here are nothing but "speculation, conjecture, observations or our own personal bias talking." Some of us really do know what we are talking about

It isnt that we knew VIP benefits could change. Even if we dont want to admit it. We all knew cancel and rebook wasnt a benefit at all. It was a loophole that we were exploiting. and we all knew it was going to end one day. Those of us that depended on it to make a buck, knew it and those that used it do get double vacations for themselves , knew it too. Or at least we all should have known it.. It was always just a matter of time.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Theres a lot of truth to what you say here. I know I taught some salesmen a thing or two about how to become VIP with very little money. and how the credit pool worked.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
I'm not mad at all.
VIPs are supposed to get more out of their points. I sure hope so I'm Platinum with you.
I've used cancel rebook
I responded to happyhopian using those terms. And wow did that blow up!

Did Wyndham tolerate cancel- rebook-cancel-upgrade ? Absolutely
Did Wyndham employees assist in the process? Absolutely
Was it illegal or against the rules at the highest demand times ? Depends on how you define unfair advantage and manipulating the system to ones advantage. Remember there were other VIPs wanting those reservations also.

I will use happyhopian Walmart xbox example to try and open some eyes-
Walmart puts out an ad Xbox on sale 12:00 AM
Some show up some don't to the sale. The key is everyone had that chance.

The problem with cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade you were trying to create your own sale at your own time. Sale was intended for one yourself.
If Wyndham would post all cancellations from the prior day at 9:am and open those reservations to all owners 12:00 PM. That's fair to all owners.
Everybody has their chance to show up at 12:00 PM

Back to Xbox what would happen if you show up 6 hours early when you want and they only have one Xbox and you put a price tag at the sale price ? Trying to create a sale for yourself
What if an employee helps you find the Xbox helps you put the sale price tag on and checks you out. Does that make it OK
Did everyone have a fair chance ?
Or did you gain an unfair advantage?

When Ron stated that until the audits and suspensions the upper management had no idea how much cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade was taking place. I believe Ron

When newbies come here and everybody is saying rescind-rescind.
Points are points at 10 months
Are you being honest ? Because now you are saying I paid more for my points. Get in line be hind me. I can manipulate and gain an unfair advantage for myself because I paid for it.

If you don't see it that way you really have the blinders on.

So are cancelled points getting dumped in at a certain time now??? I am totally confused about how it all works. I did cancel rebook but I never booked 3 rooms same resort same time in order to do it. Sometime during 60 day window when I had time I would cancel and rebook whether it was for me or a guest. I did sometimes have 3 resorts booked same week as all my friends have kids and seem to enjoy spring and fall break. We never made money on the deal. We rented to offset maintenance on unused points. It did benefit us in that regard and friends and family got cheap nice vacations. None of whom are willing to pay full cost so it is a loss for us and them :( Platinum was sold to us as buy more get more and rent what you don't need. They told us to book the smallest unit and whatever size we really wanted but I never did that. I do not feel I abused the system but obviously a lot of people did. :(