• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally do not define first available by me selecting a date. i used first available to get into Coconut Mallory resort in Ocean City this summer two times, and four-bedroom presidential's at Governors Green in Williamsburg two times these reservations would be virtually impossible without the first available feature being searched on a regular basis until these rare units show up in inventory randomly

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can only hope they really take this in the gut as far as new sales. Definitely hard to justify the cost of VIP Platinum today. Sales will need to go to a new level of lying to sell VIP - especially to get anyone to upgrade if they've had any experience whatsoever with the new enhanced system. Resale is certainly the way to go - I can't imagine they really thought this through.

resale was always the way to go... nothing has changed there. The tech savvy folks whether current owners or new prospects know that they can check out the product on line, and when they do, they wont buy... nothing has changed there

Wyndham will continue to make sales to the folks that dont know, or dont care that they are buying $200,000 condos for $1.500.000. As an old salesman once told me "sell the sizzle, not the steak"

A platinum owner will pay about $200,000 for 10 weeks a year. which means for the first 10 years he will pay $2000 + $1200 in maintenance fees for each week. $3200 is a lot for a week in a wyndham timeshare (except perhaps in New York or San Francisco) Even if he could count on a 50% discount and get 20 vacations a year his cost per vacation for the first 10 years is $2200/week> Compare that to the resale owner that gets his million points for $10,000 His cost per week for the first 10 years is $1300/week

My point with these numbers is that the folks that buy from wyndham dont look at the numbers. If they did they would never buy. Sales will do just fine.. They can still pitch the discounts to new buyers, and they will figure out a way to pitch upgrades. They wont sell to you or to me, but will sell to someone, just like they always have

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The key words in what you have said is "they thought" If they thought they got more than free upgrades and discounted reservations, within their discount and upgrade window (subject to availability)..... They thought wrong
It's not what they 'thought', it's what they were told. We all heard that sales pitch from the sales pigs. I bet that line doesn't change. It's up to us to spread the word at the resorts to anyone considering buying. If I see someone that appears to have purchased I'm going to tell them to read TUG today, checkout resell on TUG and eBay and rescind ASAP. That's another way increase availability, Wyndham!

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The key words in what you have said is "they thought" If they thought they got more than free upgrades and discounted reservations, within their discount and upgrade window (subject to availability)..... They thought wrong
VIPs didn't, actually, expect more from their ownerships than free upgrades and discounted reservations within the discount windows. VIP owners utililzed those options in the way Wyndham ALLOWED, even supported by Wyndham staff for a period that exceeds well over 8 YEARS. That is a significant historical window where they didn't just "look the other way" they encouraged VC's to be cooperative in the process, ergo speaks to INTENT TO ALLOW. The "Oops, we didn't really mean it" posturing doesn't fly. They knowingly allowed the process, knowingly encouraged sales to promote it and knowingly bilked VIP owners, all the while writing legal CYA into the contracts JIC they decide at some future point to pull it all back. The VIP discounts and upgrades were NOT the primary reason the rule changes got made. It is a biproduct of needing to plug the holes where the bleeding was actually happening.

To shrink an 8+ year window of supported activity into the single statement of "they thought wrong" mirrors Wyndham's current posture they are taking on a very broken website. "It's you, not us."

Last edited:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
You are missing the point - we and so many other retired owners can take off anytime. Let's say it's Monday and we decide to get away and go somewhere, anywhere. Destination basically doesn't matter. That's where the 'first available' option comes in. By deleting that option Wyndham is basically saying to the retired owners, 'we don't care about your needs or wants. We got your money and that's all that matters to us'. That's what I hear by their action. What took seconds to accomplish now can take an hour or more. A new website with updated technology shouldn't perform like website's from the early '90s. In other words, Wyndham dumbed down the website to benefit them and Extra Holiday.

When we travel we will talk to perspective buyers and other owners about what Wyndham did to us and how they crammed that piece of crap abortion of a website down our throats. By blowing the whistle on Wyndham to others while at the resorts and hopefully prevent them from buying. That's another way increase availability, Wyndham!

Okay, I will try this one more time. I just did a search of the WHOLE South Region for availability for Monday as per your example. Using my method I found three results in about 15 seconds. That is all it took.

I agree that the website is horrible. I hate it, BUT I am learning to work with what I am given until it gets fixed. Right now that is all we can do. Is it bad? Yes. Should heads roll? Absolutely. Did Wyndham do it on purpose? This is where we differ. Wyndham wants to put the big renters out of business WITHOUT hurting their business. How many current owners who have experienced this enhanced beauty of a website are going to write a check to Wyndham for more points? Exactly ZERO. IF Wyndham had any foresight as to how bad this rollout was going to be they never would have done it. They should have just changed the rules and kept the old site until Voyager was right. But, I believe there was something seriously wrong with the old site and its points calculator as far as cancelled and pooled points were concerned. Thus, corporate rushed the thing in, was told everything was hunkydory and the result is what we are stuck with til it is fixed.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron had said "Wyndham wants happy owners" and he is correct as he is about most things Wyndham.

This is not a nefarious plan, as some have suggested, to drive owners to turn in memberships to Ovation so the have CWA to sell. It is, Occam"s razor, the most simple explanation, a botched IT rollout.

I believe you could also use Hanlon's razor - Do not blame something on nefarious intent when it can be more simply explained by incompetence.

I agree that the website is horrible. I hate it, BUT I am learning to work with what I am given until it gets fixed. Right now that is all we can do. Is it bad? Yes. Should heads roll? Absolutely. Did Wyndham do it on purpose? ........

Just one's persons opinion, but I agree. They tried to do something, and I believe they were trying to impact Mega renters, but I don't believe they were trying to do a website this bad. I can't believe anyone would do something this bad intentionally. It is a career killer. The only rationale explanation is incompetence. That includes not just individuals, but also (especially?) the organizational structure/management/culture. It is painful to watch, but sometimes you just can't look away.......I may be wrong, but I don't see how this does not negatively impact the Wyndham brand significantly. Having said that, I thought Volkswagon was doomed due to their corrupt culture. YMMV.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we travel we will talk to perspective buyers and other owners about what Wyndham did to us and how they crammed that piece of crap abortion of a website down our throats. By blowing the whistle on Wyndham to others while at the resorts and hopefully prevent them from buying.!

If there are no new buyers, then there will be higher mf. Higher mf with a poor website seems even worse.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Ok, Cayman, I'll try this. You are thinking in the reverse of what a couple of us are thinking when you did your search for first available.

You are searching for a DATE. Many of us don't care WHEN we go, we want to know when the first available vacancy is and we will get our flights and vacation time according to what is available. (Or let's say that you live near a resort and want to use up a few points by using an express reservation). The old site would put in availability for the first vacancy at a resort--tomorrow, October, February, whenever--and could do the search for multiple resorts. You didn't have to put in a DATE to guess at when the first vacancy is. It might be Monday, it might be January...that's a lot of dates. Right now, we can put in a region, state or resort and a DATE you get the available units for that DATE. What if there is availability the day after the date that you put in? You won't see it. That is why so many of us are really missing the +/- 4 days feature and the "first availability feature".

Reverse it--don't put in a date. We want to go to a resort or even a state or region, but we don't care when. You can't search for this unless you choose a unit at a specific resort. Some of the resorts have 10-15 types of units. Some locales have 3 or more resorts. That's a lot of searching. And the wheel spins for each of them. And when you go back for another resort or unit type search you have to reset the calendar from today's date.

I saw a new "filter" on the search page the other day...you can click on what type of unit you want. But I couldn't get it to work without putting in a specific date/resort. Can we just HOPE that this feature would work for a multiple date or multiple resort search?

I think that Wyndham is taking the hotel reservation model with this search feature. Most people booking hotels are looking for a specific date. Many people booking resorts are also locked into specific dates, but many (dare I say most?) have more flexibility with either check-in date or check-out date or length of stay.

I DO like the ability to search by state or to do the clickboxes to choose multiple resorts. Now if we can get the same flexibility with dates...so many more people would be (almost) happy campers.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there are no new buyers, then there will be higher mf. Higher mf with a poor website seems even worse.

Give away your membership ... or just one deed. And do it "on the cheap" ... a $1 for the deed plus splitting the $299 transfer fee & recording fee. And for the next 10 years, your new owner will be happy to tell everyone at the resort, how LITTLE they paid. Have 10 contracts, 10 new families. And tell others at the resort, how to give away their ownership instead of giving the contracts to Ovation. So 10 new families or 100 new families, good and happy owners ... all explaining WHAT the real value is for those points and deeds.

Freecycle exists to keep things out of landfills ... proving what is one persons' trash, is another person's treasure.

Wyndham owners are just recycling timeshare ownerships ... to improve everyone's vacation experience.

IMHO and my personal experience, the new website is junk.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Okay, I will try this one more time. I just did a search of the WHOLE South Region for availability for Monday as per your example. Using my method I found three results in about 15 seconds. That is all it took.

I agree that the website is horrible. I hate it, BUT I am learning to work with what I am given until it gets fixed. Right now that is all we can do. Is it bad? Yes. Should heads roll? Absolutely. Did Wyndham do it on purpose? This is where we differ. Wyndham wants to put the big renters out of business WITHOUT hurting their business. How many current owners who have experienced this enhanced beauty of a website are going to write a check to Wyndham for more points? Exactly ZERO. IF Wyndham had any foresight as to how bad this rollout was going to be they never would have done it. They should have just changed the rules and kept the old site until Voyager was right. But, I believe there was something seriously wrong with the old site and its points calculator as far as cancelled and pooled points were concerned. Thus, corporate rushed the thing in, was told everything was hunkydory and the result is what we are stuck with til it is fixed.

I agree completely. I discovered this method of searching the new site pretty early on. For me it is much better than show me the first available. Seemed like when ever I would search first available, it would often show me availability within a week and since there was no way to go to the next available (at least as far as I know) it wasn't that useful to me. Besides, I usually know know the dates I want to travel. As you say, put in the dates and in 10 seconds, I get the list of everything in the city, state or region. There is also a way to search the entire Wyndham inventory, but it is not nearly as quick. Plus it is rare that don't know what part of the country I want to go to. I know it is hard to lose a method of searching that you are accustomed to. Maybe if they add the first available search back. They will add a next button so you will be able to see the next and then the next next.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
VIPs didn't, actually, expect more from their ownerships than free upgrades and discounted reservations within the discount windows. VIP owners utililzed those options in the way Wyndham ALLOWED, even supported by Wyndham staff for a period that exceeds well over 8 YEARS. That is a significant historical window where they didn't just "look the other way" they encouraged VC's to be cooperative in the process, ergo speaks to INTENT TO ALLOW. The "Oops, we didn't really mean it" posturing doesn't fly. They knowing allowed the process, knowingly encouraged sales to promote it and knowingly bilked VIP owners, all the while writing legal CYA into the contracts JIC they decide at some future point to pull it all back. The VIP discounts and upgrades were NOT the primary reason the rule changes got made. It is a biproduct of needing to plug the holes where the bleeding was actually happening.

To shrink an 8+ year window of supported activity into the single statement of "they thought wrong" mirrors Wyndham's current posture they are taking on a very broken website. "It's you, not us."

I agree with you. I made a lot of money with that loophole , and I got my platinum accounts through another loophole, (now closed)

It was a nice ride, but now it's over

i don't know what you don't understand. Yes we were taught by Wyndham sales people how to use loopholes.and yes we were allowed to do it. But those loopholes are now closed.it dosent matter why Wyndham allowed it and now they don't

All your bitching and moaning isn't going to change a thing Neither in my opinion will a law suit. Ask bill spearman how it worked for him

sjdanb

Reaction score
resale was always the way to go... nothing has changed there. The tech savvy folks whether current owners or new prospects know that they can check out the product on line, and when they do, they wont buy... nothing has changed there

Wyndham will continue to make sales to the folks that dont know, or dont care that they are buying $200,000 condos for $1.500.000. As an old salesman once told me "sell the sizzle, not the steak"

A platinum owner will pay about $200,000 for 10 weeks a year. which means for the first 10 years he will pay $2000 + $1200 in maintenance fees for each week. $3200 is a lot for a week in a wyndham timeshare (except perhaps in New York or San Francisco) Even if he could count on a 50% discount and get 20 vacations a year his cost per vacation for the first 10 years is $2200/week> Compare that to the resale owner that gets his million points for $10,000 His cost per week for the first 10 years is $1300/week

My point with these numbers is that the folks that buy from wyndham dont look at the numbers. If they did they would never buy. Sales will do just fine.. They can still pitch the discounts to new buyers, and they will figure out a way to pitch upgrades. They wont sell to you or to me, but will sell to someone, just like they always have

You are very precise in your writing and very pragmatic in your thinking, and I like the way you broke down the figures to ascertain the cost per week. I have been a Wyndham owner for more than 10 years, unfortunately purchasing over the years various numbers of points to the current Platinum level of 1.4+ million points. It doesn't look like an easy task, but I'm going to try to figure out a cost per week number for my expenditures.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Not true, Roger. Wyndham and the resale companies pay maintenance fees for any points they hold just like we do. Unpaid maintenance fees by owners resulting in foreclosures hurt the resorts and up the maintenance fees. That is one of the reasons why you ask for an estoppel letter or deal with a resale company that guarantees a "clean" deed. If you purchase a deed with unpaid maintenance fees on it you are now responsible for those back maintenance fees.

I'm going off the topic of this thread but this is something that bears repeating and in which we should all take a greater interest.

After reading the thread related to the lawsuit and the article below, it is apparent that we should all be more responsible owners and be taking a good hard look at the annual financial reports at our home resorts. The total number of points at the resort times the current mf's minus any unpaid mf's in collection/foreclosure should be the starting amount available to the resort every year. The salary/wages of the resort staff are an expense on the resort's budget. The salary/wages of any sales related staff are solely Wyndham's responsibility. If the front desk staff as part of their job are required to promote sales, sign people up for tours/updates, give out choice room assignments based on those tours/updates that is a conflict of interest.

This is one of the reasons I don't like CWA. There is far less clarity of the financial information and allows Wyndham to use or misuse these funds to their benefit with even less oversight.

December 09, 2008 01:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
DAYTONA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--One of the largest civil actions to ever be filed in the State of Florida was filed today in Volusia County by South Florida attorney Mark Bogen. A 50 count complaint was filed against Wyndham Vacation Resorts and Wyndham Vacation Management on behalf of Ocean Walk Resort Condominium Association.

The complaint alleges that Wyndham, which managed the condominium association, misused association money and staff for the benefit of their timeshare expenses. According to Craig Jackson, President of the association and banking executive, “We believe that our association is owed a significant amount of money due to the actions of Wyndham. What is hard to believe is that even though the board of directors fired them as our management company, Wyndham refuses to give us control of our bank account, bank records or financial information.” The lawsuit not only alleges that Wyndham misused association funds for their own benefit, but also claims that Wyndham hired an unlicensed manager to manage the association in violation of Florida law.

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I made a lot of money with that loophole , and I got my platinum accounts through another loophole, (now closed)

It was a nice ride, but now it's over

i don't know what you don't understand. Yes we were taught by Wyndham sales people how to use loopholes.and yes we were allowed to do it. But those loopholes are now closed.it dosent matter why Wyndham allowed it and now they don't

All your bitching and moaning isn't going to change a thing Neither in my opinion will a law suit. Ask bill spearman how it worked for him
1) Am clear in my understanding the loopholes are now closed.
2) Am clear in the understanding you made a lot money with those loopholes (and a number of others)
3) Am clear in my understanding your ride was much nicer for a lot less capital outlay than most VIP owners (as was mine)
4) Did not attempt to explore the "why" it was allowed. Only pointed to the fact that it WAS allowed, which is 8+ years of CHOICE by the decision makers.
5) Have zero expectations that things will change significantly going forward (including any acceleration in the improvements to the website).
6) Have NEVER made any suggestion of a lawsuit.
7) Was neither "bitching" or "moaning" about any of it. Was mearly trying to not reduce the perspectives of a plethera of VIP owners, all highly frustrated having now paid for what they can no longer obtain, to the over simplified statement of "they thought wrong."

If that runs up the back of your spine ..... :shrug: Read it again. Somewhere in most of that it says "I agree with you also" except for the repeating posture of suggesting to ALL owners they must now lower expectations, happily adapt or get out. Kinda what Wyndham's posture is also. Go figure.

Last edited:

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
My account used to work. Now when I try to book anything I get "Please review and confirm the travel details above." after I click the complete button. A VC is unable to book anything in our account either.

My account used to work for 3 weeks, then the last week I can't even log in.
I get "Oops, there is something wrong with your login. Please try again or register for a new login"
So I try to reset the password. That didn't work.
I try to register for a new login. That either tells me I already have a new login. Or when we tried to register the other owner for a login sends us in a loop.
Tried calling a VC on Monday picked the option for "login issues/can't login", got through to a VC in <5 min. Wow!
She tried having me clear my cookies, then try to reset the password. Although she could see my login and info, when I tried to do the web-based password reset, it didn't recognize my security questions.
She said she'd have to put in an IT ticket, and they'd have to get back to sometime this week.
Well, it's been the whole week and I still have NOTHING. No email. No call. No access. No login.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give away your membership ... or just one deed. And do it "on the cheap" ... a $1 for the deed plus splitting the $299 transfer fee & recording fee. And for the next 10 years, your new owner will be happy to tell everyone at the resort, how LITTLE they paid. Have 10 contracts, 10 new families. And tell others at the resort, how to give away their ownership instead of giving the contracts to Ovation. So 10 new families or 100 new families, good and happy owners ... all explaining WHAT the real value is for those points and deeds.

I suspect that if one does an analysis by searching county deed records, the result will show that the retail sales overwelms the resales.

It's been my experience that most people are justifiably skeptical about buying a timeshare, and the resale market is really quite small relative to retail.

In the near future, the $1 resale market could be flooded with listings.

sjdanb

Reaction score
Ok, Cayman, I'll try this. You are thinking in the reverse of what a couple of us are thinking when you did your search for first available.

You are searching for a DATE. Many of us don't care WHEN we go, we want to know when the first available vacancy is and we will get our flights and vacation time according to what is available. (Or let's say that you live near a resort and want to use up a few points by using an express reservation). The old site would put in availability for the first vacancy at a resort--tomorrow, October, February, whenever--and could do the search for multiple resorts. You didn't have to put in a DATE to guess at when the first vacancy is. It might be Monday, it might be January...that's a lot of dates. Right now, we can put in a region, state or resort and a DATE you get the available units for that DATE. What if there is availability the day after the date that you put in? You won't see it. That is why so many of us are really missing the +/- 4 days feature and the "first availability feature".

Reverse it--don't put in a date. We want to go to a resort or even a state or region, but we don't care when. You can't search for this unless you choose a unit at a specific resort. Some of the resorts have 10-15 types of units. Some locales have 3 or more resorts. That's a lot of searching. And the wheel spins for each of them. And when you go back for another resort or unit type search you have to reset the calendar from today's date.

I saw a new "filter" on the search page the other day...you can click on what type of unit you want. But I couldn't get it to work without putting in a specific date/resort. Can we just HOPE that this feature would work for a multiple date or multiple resort search?

I think that Wyndham is taking the hotel reservation model with this search feature. Most people booking hotels are looking for a specific date. Many people booking resorts are also locked into specific dates, but many (dare I say most?) have more flexibility with either check-in date or check-out date or length of stay.

I DO like the ability to search by state or to do the clickboxes to choose multiple resorts. Now if we can get the same flexibility with dates...so many more people would be (almost) happy campers.

I agree. I'm going to have to check out this "search by state... multiple resorts" function, which I haven't noticed. It would be very helpful if Wyndham would incorporate your ideas into the new website functions.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
VIPs didn't, actually, expect more from their ownerships than free upgrades and discounted reservations within the discount windows. VIP owners utililzed those options in the way Wyndham ALLOWED, even supported by Wyndham staff for a period that exceeds well over 8 YEARS. That is a significant historical window where they didn't just "look the other way" they encouraged VC's to be cooperative in the process, ergo speaks to INTENT TO ALLOW. The "Oops, we didn't really mean it" posturing doesn't fly. They knowing allowed the process, knowingly encouraged sales to promote it and knowingly bilked VIP owners, all the while writing legal CYA into the contracts JIC they decide at some future point to pull it all back. The VIP discounts and upgrades were NOT the primary reason the rule changes got made. It is a biproduct of needing to plug the holes where the bleeding was actually happening.

Intent and words like "ergo" do not change the fact that Wyndham did not do anything illegal. Aside from the fact that the new website sucks in general, the changes in the way reservations and upgrades are handled in no way changes the rules. It does not change what we were told. We were told that we could get upgrades and discounts in the 60 day window (platinum) We were told that the then current reservation system allowed you to gamble using the cancel rebook strategy. We were not promised it would always work, and indeed it did not always work, even with the help of a VC. The new booking engine makes it even harder to do a successful cancel rebook, but in no way changes the discounts and upgrades I am entitled to get. I don't like the new reality, but it does not rise to the level of fraud or theft. The new website, by denying owners there basic entitlements due to the many errors, now that might constitute theft. Freezing accounts for indefinite periods, but still requiring MF's, that might be fraud or theft. Changing the booking engine to diminish the ability to double up on discounts and upgrades, but not preventing those functions, not theft or fraud.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been my experience that most people are justifiably skeptical about buying a timeshare, and the resale market is really quite small relative to retail.

Exactly. Timeshare is a product that is sold, not bought. Very few people understand what the value proposition might be unless they do a lot of homework, and that homework is not something most people do in relation to vacations.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

I dearly miss the +/- 4days first available feature also. But the fact is that, for now at least, it is gone. Maybe somewhere down the road we get it back. In the meantime we have to live with what we have. I am just trying to make it a little more livable. The method I show is a LOT better than going thru the individual rooms at one resort. Yes, you have to put in dates, but it's a lot more workable than going thru individual unit sizes.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how long sales will have to suffer before a new rule gets implemented.

WYN needs to give the VIPs their discount and next level up in points required as an upgrade at time of booking. Then lock out that reservation from being able ad a GC to that reservation. That gives the VIP OWNER the discount and upgrades they deserve and no discount to GCs reservations.

If you have family that usually travel every year add them as owners to a deed you already have. You don't have to buy a resale contract to do that.
If they are so afraid of the liability they don't deserve a discount and or upgrade in my opinion. Why should they expect all the perks from you for nothing.

This would stop the discounts and upgrades on GC reservations.

Going to Owner Update in a little bit. Going to show me how to cancel - rebook with Voyager. Should be fun to learn new tricks.
Sales weasels haven't lost cancel - rebook tactic yet.
Will report back on all the new tricks
1. Make reservation

2 cancel reservation in your discount window

3. Wait, wait, wait, then grab it!*

* disclaimer, this may not work!

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

happyhopian

Reaction score
Am fairly certain there are a lot of VIP owners that thought they were paying for significantly MORE than only getting vacations at full point value, mega-renters aside.
You have to understand that COskier has been the active conscious for disdain of anything to do with megarenters and people who upgrade/cancel-rebook for years on here. I think he is so happy these folks are getting screwed he is willing to accept ANY collateral damage. That is how I read him because there is no way you can call this a positive direction much less an improvement unless you are him or 'new' Ron.

happyhopian

Reaction score
You keep saying this, and then when pressed you will simply say that nothing the sales staff said or showed was in writing. We all agree that everything is written in a way that Wyndham can change it at anytime but there is no doubt that everyone in Wyndham knew what Cancel / Rebook was as the VCs have been doing it for 5 years for me on the phone and never batted an eye - so it is a bit more than VIP owners 'thought'....they words for Wyndham's actions are acquiescence and complicit or my favorites - fraudulent and in breech of their fiduciary duties to the trust and the owners represented therein.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You keep saying this, and then when pressed you will simply say that nothing the sales staff said or showed was in writing. We all agree that everything is written in a way that Wyndham can change it at anytime but there is no doubt that everyone in Wyndham knew what Cancel / Rebook was as the VCs have been doing it for 5 years for me on the phone and never batted an eye - so it is a bit more than VIP owners 'thought'....they words for Wyndham's actions are acquiescence and complicit or my favorites - fraudulent and in breech of their fiduciary duties to the trust and the owners represented therein.
Be careful in what you say. I'm understanding from your post. That you specifically asked someone to commit fraud and be in breach of their fiduciary duties to the trust on your behalf. If a class action is filed. Should you and others be sued with Wyndham ?

Unbelievable owners update today.
Only 2 out of 8 couples even knew where they own. We think WYN and VCs are incompetent. I'm willing to add the average owner is just as incompetent as WYN if this group was a good representation of the owners. Ron thinks Wyndhams sales will be fine. Have to agree with this oblivious group.

First topic was. Yes the website is a mess with a lot of problems.

VIPs will get less discounts but more upgrades. Was our sales person guess.
Over half of the units in the whole Wyndham system have been tied up in the past for cancel -rebook - upgrade.
We have a CWA contract but was told like others that we will see more available units than those without CWA.
The new trick to cancel - rebook with Voyager. Is you can't.

No pressure to buy. Made me one offer that was actually really good for developer points.
Stated I have no interest in buying. Let us go. No closer no pressure at all. Out in an hour.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Am clear in my understanding the loopholes are now closed.
2) Am clear in the understanding you made a lot money with those loopholes (and a number of others)
3) Am clear in my understanding your ride was much nicer for a lot less capital outlay than most VIP owners (as was mine)
4) Did not attempt to explore the "why" it was allowed. Only pointed to the fact that it WAS allowed, which is 8+ years of CHOICE by the decision makers.
5) Have zero expectations that things will change significantly going forward (including any acceleration in the improvements to the website).
6) Have NEVER made any suggestion of a lawsuit.
7) Was neither "bitching" or "moaning" about any of it. Was mearly trying to not reduce the perspectives of a plethera of VIP owners, all highly frustrated having now paid for what they can no longer obtain, to the over simplified statement of "they thought wrong."

If that runs up the back of your spine ..... :shrug: Read it again. Somewhere in most of that it says "I agree with you also" except for the repeating posture of suggesting to ALL owners they must now lower expectations, happily adapt or get out. Kinda what Wyndham's posture is also. Go figure.

Im a simple guy.. and when it comes to expectations, I expect the the best, but I plan for the worst. and if you have a choice other than adapt, or get out. Pray tell, what is it?