• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, it looks like people that could not get in before are starting to be able to get in now.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am one of those that couldn't get in before and can now. Although to Jan's point, it might have been better if I hadn't. Sigh.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happens with cancellations? I cancelled the smallest unit available at a resort, in order to shrink the reservation down by day, but it never came back.

Zeke_62

Reaction score
I have canceled several reservations during the last week, and only a fraction return. Several of these were either 1 suite or 1 dx that did not return. And, as you can not upgrade from a 1 suite to a 1 dx they could not have been grabbed as an upgrade.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
If you want to be able to sleep tonight don't check out the reservation system. The aggravation will have you up for hours.
If the reservation system is as bad as everyone says, can you imagine the "wait" times from folks trying to book by phone...?

happyhopian

Reaction score
well it has certainly been picked over. Whatever inventory was here at the beginning of the week is gone. I needed two nights at bonnet creek to bridge a stay and there's nothing consecutive. Shameful that I pay them $1000 a month. #dissappointed

happyhopian

Reaction score
For those who are able to get into the site, I discovered a secret to finding availability. In the booking area, Once you choose your resort, choose your dates. Find any available unit, click on book it, then when the system asks for your name and email, back out of that screen, and the availability of ALL units for those dates at that resort will display. If you are looking at an area, say Myrtle Beach, you will get ALL availability at ALL resorts in that area. I just did Myrtle Beach and picked an available date. Used the trick above and got availability at all four towers at ocean Blvd, the cottages, the villas, seawatch, towers on the Grove and westwinds on one screen all types of units from one bedroom to 4 be prez..

Mine already shows this without having to go back. If I choose the resort, insert dates but don't choose a room type is shows me all room types available during that stay period, the problem is that there is no +/- outside the stay like the old system or like any other current reservation system I have ever used from airlines to hotels. I'm just not sure what the benefit is from clicking 'book it' and then going back. I'm seeing the same thing when I choose: resort:checkin/checkout and leave room type un selected. Can someone explain what I'm missing

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Map is back for me when I signed in this morning. The roll of people gaining access that are posters on TUG appears to being called. It is great to see that a number now have access. Hope the balance clear up throughout the day and the account suspension issue of last fall is getting resolved in the process.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happens with cancellations? I cancelled the smallest unit available at a resort, in order to shrink the reservation down by day, but it never came back.

If overbook situations occurred as the system rolled out, the cancellations probably went there.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
well it has certainly been picked over. Whatever inventory was here at the beginning of the week is gone. I needed two nights at bonnet creek to bridge a stay and there's nothing consecutive. Shameful that I pay them $1000 a month. #dissappointed
Everything I searched has no availability also.
This week has been like a Black Friday sale
The security guard wouldn't let us in. While standing at the door. We hear people going in and coming out talking-
1. The store is well stocked with inventory
2. Customers are finding those high demand items that haven't been available in months
3. Those items that haven't been available for months are door busters at half price
4. Loyal customers that have purchased high priced items in the past were granted VIP. Their walking out with 100 inch TVs for the price of 60 inch TV that was already on sale at 50 percent off

We finally get in to find the empty store. No rain checks available

I can't see where my account is any different. Looks just like the Pre View site and what I seen briefly Saturday. Don't know about my point buckets.

It's nice to have access to something you OWN after being locked out. Very upsetting to be locked out of your ownership when you had absolutely no involvement for any of the possibilities for locking you out. I think they finally unlocked a bunch of us last night so they could just go home

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything I searched has no availability also.
This week has been like a Black Friday sale
The security guard wouldn't let us in. While standing at the door. We hear people going in and coming out talking-
1. The store is well stocked with inventory
2. Customers are finding those high demand items that haven't been available in months
3. Those items that haven't been available for months are door busters at half price
4. Loyal customers that have purchased high priced items in the past were granted VIP. Their walking out with 100 inch TVs for the price of 60 inch TV that was already on sale at 50 percent off

We finally get in to find the empty store. No rain checks available

I can't see where my account is any different. Looks just like the Pre View site and what I seen briefly Saturday. Don't know about my point buckets.

It's nice to have access to something you OWN after being locked out. Very upsetting to be locked out of your ownership when you had absolutely no involvement for any of the possibilities for locking you out. I think they finally unlocked a bunch of us last night so they could just go home

Would love to see no availability at this point. What number did you call to help with your account. The VIP number I call will not transfer me to owner care or any one else.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to see no availability at this point. What number did you call to help with your account. The VIP number I call will not transfer me to owner care or any one else.

800 251-8736 Option 3 Option 2. The reps tend to answer quickly if called right at opening. Also, the new FAQ page on the new site has a comment form for problems etc.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is one time to give Avislo credit.

Call non VIP number 800-251-8736 ext 3 ext 2 Owner services

I have been in direct contact with OC via email for months.

happyhopian

Reaction score
So, I am currently at this moment on the phone with owner care who is telling me that under the new system/rules only a 'next larger unit' upgrade is available. There is no 1 to 3 or ever 1 deluxe to 1 presidential but ONLY 1br deluxe to 2br deluxe.

So:
No upgrades from size "1br" DELUXE to size "1br" PRESIDENTIAL. (to 2 to 2 or 3 to 3)
No upgrades from size "1br" DELUXE to size "3br" DELUXE

ONLY:
upgrade from size 1br deluxe to size 2br deluxe (or 2br to 3br but no 1br to 3br)
upgrade from size 1br deluxe to size 2br presidential (or 2br to 3br but no 1 to 3)

Is this what others have experienced?

This is important because booking a 1br expecting an upgrade to a 3br is NOT going to happen. This also impacts the 'exact' match we have all been discussing with regards to what will trigger an automatic match.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So as far as I can see, it doesn't like Chrome. There were no hyperlinks to launch RCI.

I have two member numbers listed. My name is on three different contracts with someone I don't know. I wonder if I'm VIP. Lol

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So as far as I can see, it doesn't like Chrome. There were no hyperlinks to launch RCI.

I have two member numbers listed. My name is on three different contracts with someone I don't know. I wonder if I'm VIP. Lol
Exactly my point. They released a bunch of us without correcting anything. All they accomplished was upsetting the apple cart

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is important because booking a 1br expecting an upgrade to a 3br is NOT going to happen.

it seems to me, booking anything, expecting something else, is not a reasonable thing to do. You really ought to book what you need.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point. They released a bunch of us without correcting anything. All they accomplished was upsetting the apple cart

So I clearly have full reign over this person's Wyndham account. I called the phone number listed and it said that the voicemailbox was full. I wonder if his account fell into many people's accounts.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am currently at this moment on the phone with owner care who is telling me that under the new system/rules only a 'next larger unit' upgrade is available. There is no 1 to 3 or ever 1 deluxe to 1 presidential but ONLY 1br deluxe to 2br deluxe.

So:
No upgrades from size "1br" DELUXE to size "1br" PRESIDENTIAL. (to 2 to 2 or 3 to 3)
No upgrades from size "1br" DELUXE to size "3br" DELUXE

ONLY:
upgrade from size 1br deluxe to size 2br deluxe (or 2br to 3br but no 1br to 3br)
upgrade from size 1br deluxe to size 2br presidential (or 2br to 3br but no 1 to 3)

Is this what others have experienced?

This is important because booking a 1br expecting an upgrade to a 3br is NOT going to happen. This also impacts the 'exact' match we have all been discussing with regards to what will trigger an automatic match.
You might be right on the auto upgrade only going up 1 bedroom size.
Manually might be different and jump from 1 BR to 3 BR if it wasn't taken as auto upgrade and just sitting there as others have reported

Typical Wyndham 1 BR DL doesn't upgrade to a 1 BR Pres. but will to 2 BR Pres makes a lot of sense or maybe it's an option OC didn't tell you. This will make auto upgrades less likely to happen

I can tell you my auto upgrade for Oceanside Pier shows upgrade to better view as the option chosen. OC it will upgrade 2BR oceanview to 2BR oceanfront

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
it seems to me, booking anything, expecting something else, is not a reasonable thing to do. You really ought to book what you need.
Ron
I and others offered support to you and others through the suspensions-audits. Others sent you negative PMs. Were any of those locked out this week ? I know you wouldn't wish harm on anyone. But did you get a smile and think be careful what you wish for at some locked out?

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Helpful hint from Facebook user Lisa B. You can get the same kind of result by searching for the exact dates but you have to keep trying different ones till you find a date that works. This way you can find a date for say a 1 bedroom on the calendar and go back and see what other ones are available.

There is no need to book a room and then back out of it. When you go to enter a destination do NOT pick a resort. Pick and area or state and date range that you want to go and all available rooms show up.