• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 11am update is done....my account is still unavailable!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the email I just got from Wyndham:

"Please keep in mind some of the new features and functionality may be temporarily unavailable over the next few days as we continue to upgrade your online experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Well, since I have zero, zilch, nada, for "New features and functionality" because my account is still unavailable, anything at this point would be an upgrade to the new system....the bar is not set very high here WYN.

Also, I would appreciate a customized email responding to why I cannot access my account. That would help with my patience and understanding...alot.

seascapemvy

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the email I just got from Wyndham:

"Please keep in mind some of the new features and functionality may be temporarily unavailable over the next few days as we continue to upgrade your online experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Well, since I have zero, zilch, nada, for "New features and functionality" because my account is still unavailable, anything at this point would be an upgrade to the new system....the bar is not set very high here WYN.

Also, I would appreciate a customized email responding to why I cannot access my account. That would help with my patience and understanding...alot.

At 2:02 PM, I received an email that said:

Your New Website Is Here!

This special, digital edition of Faces + Places is your guide to all the new tools and features available on your enhanced owner website along with important updates to the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Program Guidelines. As you read through the magazine, be sure to click on the links to continue exploring online.

Please keep in mind some of the new features and functionality may be temporarily unavailable over the next few days as we continue to upgrade your online experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

The only problem is my new website is not here and they can't tell me when it will be.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Even if you do get into your new website, not only are some of the new features unavailable, but lots of the old features as well.

They need to shut the whole thing down, issue a sincere and honest apology for a rushed rollout, and work around the clock to get it right.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this will be used in the future as an example to illustrate how not to implement a website/backend upgrade.

The fact that they've insisted on just plowing ahead while intimating that there are not serious problems is absolutely comical.

There may be no way to retrograde the system, especially if bookings have been made and have been tagged with points-tracking data that are incompatible with the old system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
There may be no way to retrograde the system, especially if bookings have been made and have been tagged with points-tracking data that are incompatible with the old system.

I wasn't meaning that they should try and back up, but rather they should just admit they have a big problem and take it entirely off line. Obviously I have no inside info, but I've got to believe that continuing to allow transactions is only going to make it harder to sort all of this out.

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
.....I've got to believe that continuing to allow transactions is only going to make it harder to sort all of this out.

You are absolutely right. The longer they wait, the bigger the mess.

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
When I received the phony email this morning, my first thought was “Oh good, maybe they’ve got it all worked out”. But then I checked the site :( That just added to my frustration and anger. Why on earth would they send that out-- inflaming their problem. I imagine they have just magnified the anger X 400,000.

shares3

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I received the phony email this morning, my first thought was “Oh good, maybe they’ve got it all worked out”. But then I checked the site :( That just added to my frustration and anger. Why on earth would they send that out-- inflaming their problem. I imagine they have just magnified the anger X 400,000.

I am a Platinum member and have not had access to my account since 5/19/17. I keep calling and they keep saying my reservations are fine and they can "Just about guarantee me that none of the reservations will be cancelled." I told them that is no consolation since they can do anything they want and what can I do about it??? I have guests needing certificates for Memorial Day and yet the reservationists say they cannot do anything in my account. I understand that this is the second time they have tried to roll out this program over the years and still do not have it right. After over 6 hours on the phone holding this week, I wish that I had never heard of Wyndham.

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
.. they can "Just about guarantee me that none of the reservations will be cancelled."

“Just about……” sounds noncommittal to me.

I bet we were not the only ones who knew this was going to be a huge failure. I bet the sales weasels had been talking amongst themselves before the roll out — they were dreading this, knowing it was going to be a problem for them. But, I bet they didn't know it would be a catastrophic failure of EPIC proportion. Wyndham has truly outdone themselves this time.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.
And until WYN stock is affected (or maybe sales), top management is not going to take notice/action.
I do not believe upper management was listening/was aware of how NOT ready IT was for this.
I envision them receiving reports such as:
* use years were aligned (this was NOT really a Voyager programming effort - it was manual AND ineffective, but I'm sure someone took credit it for being part of the Voyager prep success)
* made preview site available to their valued owners (not what was rolled out, and I for sure let them know I was not impressed - was anyone listening)?
* 7 years of dev effort
* in test for over a year
* preview site available for owners for over a year
- we know the preview site is not what was rolled out
- full functionality was never in the preview site
- booking redirected you to the old site (anyone who ever used the website knew nothing of content was being delivered)
- none of the new functionality was available in the preview site
- we didn't like the search for resort in the preview site and had not gotten a glimpse of the even more important (and worse than one could possibly imagine) search for a specific date and room
This is a perfect example of s*** rolling up hill. What were they told/how in the world did they sell their top management on this?

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Just about……” sounds noncommittal to me.

I bet we were not the only ones who knew this was going to be a huge failure. I bet the sales weasels had been talking amongst themselves before the roll out — they were dreading this, knowing it was going to be a problem for them. But, I bet they didn't know it would be a catastrophic failure of EPIC proportion. Wyndham has truly outdone themselves this time.
What are they going to do if people have reservations that needed to be canceled and could not cancel them....are they going to give points back? Just wondering as some people could not even get them on the phone.

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
What are they going to do if people have reservations that needed to be canceled and could not cancel them....are they going to give points back? Just wondering as some people could not even get them on the phone.

Nope.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have not seen a FAQ before on the new site. Please note at the bottom of the FAQ is a form to submit for problems. Here it is.

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/preview-faq.page?

Last edited:

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Helpful hint from Facebook user Lisa B. You can get the same kind of result by searching for the exact dates but you have to keep trying different ones till you find a date that works. This way you can find a date for say a 1 bedroom on the calendar and go back and see what other ones are available.

For those who are able to get into the site, I discovered a secret to finding availability. In the booking area, Once you choose your resort, choose your dates. Find any available unit, click on book it, then when the system asks for your name and email, back out of that screen, and the availability of ALL units for those dates at that resort will display. If you are looking at an area, say Myrtle Beach, you will get ALL availability at ALL resorts in that area. I just did Myrtle Beach and picked an available date. Used the trick above and got availability at all four towers at ocean Blvd, the cottages, the villas, seawatch, towers on the Grove and westwinds on one screen all types of units from one bedroom to 4 be prez.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Helpful hint from Facebook user Lisa B. You can get the same kind of result by searching for the exact dates but you have to keep trying different ones till you find a date that works. This way you can find a date for say a 1 bedroom on the calendar and go back and see what other ones are available.
When you say the "booking area" do you mean the box in the top left or do you mean the button at the very top left that says "book"?

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am taking it that there has to be at least one room available to be able to click "book it", right?

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been getting account unavailable, and now tonight I can log in.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I am finally in, and too exhausted to begin checking out the reservation system. And as had been said, can't find where it shows current points or how to get to RCI...

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The reservation system is horrible. I guess I didn't really believe it was as bad as OP said. I do now!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I am finally in, and too exhausted to begin checking out the reservation system. And as had been said, can't find where it shows current points or how to get to RCI...

If you want to be able to sleep tonight don't check out the reservation system. The aggravation will have you up for hours.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Current points tab was deactivated three days ago and still not back. It was under the Ownership details tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk