*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

The New Club La Pension - First to stay

Discussion in 'US - Central Timesharing' started by swj, Apr 24, 2012.

1. swj

swj TUG Member

I will be the first one staying in my newly refurbished room this Friday. After Friday, everyone else will be staying in a used timeshare unit :wave: I bought used but it's new.

I was told that some of the old owners thought the renovations were too modern.

Supposedly the hot tub is gone (for good?).

I'll take some pictures and post when I get back.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

I had guests there on Mar 30 and in the pictures they sent me it looked like bare walls; no art. Id be interested in knowing if they they've added artwork

3. swj

swj TUG Member

Here's a picture of the living room. The picture came out dark because the room was dark. The view from my one bedroom faces the alley next to the Marriott. There are no overhead lights, and the lamps are not very bright.

The overall colors of the unit were gray and black. This is a different look from the units that are on the bluegreen website. I didn't check the other rooms to see what they looked like.

The shower is big (no tub) , enough for 2 or 3 people. Glass doors, good water pressure.

The hot tubs on the balconies are gone.

There is artwork on the walls, supposedly all form local artist.

How do I add more than 1 picture to a post?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. MaryH

MaryH TUG Member

So did you have a good Jazz Fest swj?

5. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

No hot tub and no pool.. Oh No!...I own a 7th floor unit that opens right onto the roof top deck...I was counting on that hottub being there my next visit

Thanks for the report and the picture

I was following the progress of the renovation on an owners website where the architect was posting his regular reports, so I knew that grey and black was where they were going, but it must have been a shock if you were expecting what is shown on Bluegreens website

6. randster2

randster2 TUG Member

Are the rooms the same size and layout? Do you like the new decor better than the old rooms?

7. swj

swj TUG Member

I've stayed through an exchange here twice, once in a 1 br and once in a 2 bedroom unit. This is the first year that I stayed as an owner.

I don't know what the layout of my room was before the renovation. I own a small one bedroom...I don't think there is much leeway to where things are/were placed.

I don't mind the darker feel of the rooms, but I wish there were ceiling lights to brighten the rooms.

A few other notes:

The glass shower doors have an opening to outside the shower at the seam. You need to point the shower head away from the door or else you may find a puddle of water in the bathroom.

The air conditioning works well. There is a vent right above the bed that may bother some (me included). The fan above the bed saved the day (night) .

Here is a picture of a view into the kitchen.

Yes, Mary, I had a great time at the fest and NO.

Attached Files:

8. Tedman

Tedman TUG Member

Does anyone know if they have hair dryers?

Thanks,
    Ted