• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVV Prime vs Platinum

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
Question: I own a Bella in Prime season and can see there are only two seasons at SVV (Prime and High). On the Dashboard it says the ownership is also VSN Platinum. Do some other VOIs have a Platinum season? What does it mean? I scoured and searched the condo docs and could not find it noted anywhere.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Last edited:

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I've realize it doesn't matter aside from the time you need to book your home resort at 1yr out on the exact same size unit. The prime/plat for SVV will allow you to book the orange section in the star options chart for 2017 for SVV.

If you're looking at other resorts, then it's just a matter of how many star options you have.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Vistana has a number of resorts that were started before Starwood came along and acquired them. Some were in the process of being started and others are pure Starwood ground up resorts. I think SVV Bella is a resort that was just starting when Starwood came along. Even if not, some of those older resorts don't use the same seasons as you see on the StarOption Chart. SVV has Prime and High seasons. For the most part, Prime equates to Platinum and High equates to Gold Plus. I say for the most part because weeks 39-47 are High season in the CC&Rs for Bella but are considered Platinum on the StarOptions chart.

PDF page 45 of the Bella CCRs on the Vistana website detail the seasons at bella.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Vistana has a number of resorts that were started before Starwood came along and acquired them. Some were in the process of being started and others are pure Starwood ground up resorts. I think SVV Bella is a resort that was just starting when Starwood came along. Even if not, some of those older resorts don't use the same seasons as you see on the StarOption Chart. SVV has Prime and High seasons. For the most part, Prime equates to Platinum and High equates to Gold Plus. I say for the most part because weeks 39-47 are High season in the CC&Rs for Bella but are considered Platinum on the StarOptions chart.

PDF page 45 of the Bella CCRs on the Vistana website detail the seasons at bella.
I am noticing one other difference in the seasons.

StarOption Chart (VSN) Seasons;
Gold Plus: 1-5, 18-22, 35-38, 48-50
Platinum: 6-17, 23-34, 39-47, 51-52

CCR Seasons;
High: 1-6, 18-22, 35-50
Prime: 7-17, 23-34, 51-52

So based in that, if you are buying weeks 6 or 39-47, you are really buying a High season week and the StarOptions available to you will be based on the Gold Plus values on the StarOption Chart, not based on the higher Platinum amounts.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am noticing one other difference in the seasons.

StarOption Chart (VSN) Seasons;
Gold Plus: 1-5, 18-22, 35-38, 48-50
Platinum: 6-17, 23-34, 39-47, 51-52

CCR Seasons;
High: 1-6, 18-22, 35-50
Prime: 7-17, 23-34, 51-52

So based in that, if you are buying weeks 6 or 39-47, you are really buying a High Season week and the StarOptions available to you will be based on the Gold Plus values on the StarOption Chart, not based on the higher Platinum amounts.

Bella CCR:
"Except for those Unit Week Owners who own Fixed Time or an Ultra Premium Unit Week, each Unit Week shall be subject to the Floating Use Plan, which is more particularly described in Section 5.a.(1). Each Unit Week has been assigned to a specific Season. Unit Weeks 7-17, 23-34, and 51-52 are in the Prime Season, and Unit Weeks 1-6, 18-22, and 35-50 are in the High Season. During the term of the Club Resort Affiliation Agreement for the Condominium, Owners may request a reservation (or Owners of Ultra Premium Unit Weeks, if any, automatically will receive a confirmed reservation) of a Vacation Period in the same Unit type and Season as they have purchased, subject to and in accordance with the Club Documents during the Home Resort Preference Period (defined in the Club Rules), and, with respect to Owners other than Owners of Unit Weeks subject to Fixed Time or Ultra Premium Unit Weeks, on a first-come first-served basis. If the Club Resort Affiliation Agreement for the Condominium is terminated, Association shall be responsible for promulgating rules and regulations with respect to the reservation procedures with respect to Seasons."

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I was trying to buy a lockout week 39 in bella last week and couldn’t figure out why it wasnt coming with 95,700 options as per the chart. Upon further digging I found out why.... it seems the chart and actual Bella season differs. I opted for the key west unit instead. However, I do have the option of buying a 2 bedroom Bella in platinum season EOYO for 700 with closing but I don’t think I need a third lol

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
good info on the Bella seasons