• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN & RCI - What does this mean?

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to Madge in this thread, SVN is no longer affiliated with RCI. Not being an SVN owner, this comes as news to me.

What I don't understand is the listing of resorts that can/cannot deposit with RCI. For example, why SDO but not SMV?

seenett

TUG Member
Reaction score
It means that all new SVN property purchases will only be affiliated with II and not RCI. SVN members who were members of RCI will now be offered membership in II, and will be dual affilated for the near future, until the individula resort/RCI affilation contracts expire. There are also some owners who may have deposited with RCI but still have two years to make an exchange. Until all the deposited weeks have been redeemed there will be some overlap.

The short answer is that all new deposits will go into II only. And yes, VV is now a II resort.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought SVO properties were affiliated with both RCI and II. Apparently, some are now strictly II.

I'd like to understand why some SVO properties (but not all), and how did they decide which ones would drop RCI affiliation?

Bill4728

Reaction score
So does that mean Vistana Villages is now an II resort?

VV is now II only. Since VV is Mandatory all owners at VV are SVN members. All SVN members trade thru SVN and therefore II only. No more RCI deposits. (you can finish any RCI trades in process.)

I'm not sure the reasoning for Sheraton's Mountain Vista, and Sheraton PGA.

Last edited: