• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Weeks hard to find?

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of this is true. But, trading into summer Marriott Carolina weeks is almost impossible, even for say, Hawaii Marriott owners. Best to own a summer Carolina week if that is where you want to vacation more years than not. The Marriott Carolina resorts are just the nicest resorts there are in the Carolinas. If you own one of those Marriott Carolina summer weeks, you should be able to trade (via II) between the various Marriott Carolina resorts more times than not because you would be giving up a summer week at one for a summer week at another. If you buy any of the other Marriott weeks (say Williamsburg or Orlando or out west) you will have a really hard time getting into the Marriotts on the East coast during the summer. All the other summer Marriott Carolina owners will be ahead of you come trade time.

Dues for the summer Marriott Carolina weeks run from 1,000 --- 1,200. Wyndham can be had cheaper for some resorts, but the Carolina resorts are a little more expensive (Westwinds is an excpetion) so for me, especially getting a 4th of Jul week, Marriott was the better option.

There is nothing wrong with the Wyndhams at all. Even if I sounded negative about Ocean Blvd I was mostly disapointed with the pools and general lack of a resort feel. If you ever stay at a Disney or Marriott resort, you will know what I mean by resort feel. I like resorts that are BIG and self contained for the most part. Ocean Blvd is not any of that, though there are a lot of rooms.

At the very least, if you go with a summer Marriott beach week, you are looking at 12k-15k, and it will cost more for a true ocean front room. As expensive as that is, you shouldn't have much of a problem selling at a later time for near what you paid. Prices seem to have flat lined for the summer marriott beach weeks, though there is something to be noted about owners of those weeks being in denial of current prices. You can get into the three or four hilton head Marriott resrots that are not on the beach for much cheaper, but I wouldn't want to count on those weeks to get into the other Marriott beach front resorts all the time, though your chances are much better with one of those weeks than say, an Orlando week or Williamsburg.

Good luck. I suggest looking at the Marriott resorts on marriottvacationclub.com and then look-up the Wyndham resorts to compare. Once you know the names of the resorts, an even better place to look is tripadvisor. Hard to find negative comments for the marriott beach resorts but that task gets easier when you look-up the Wyndhams.

So Marriott has good choices on the east coast, is more expensive to get into but once you're in the annual costs are competitive? Plus the properties are much nicer?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My ideal TS would be myrtle beach in July or August, I realize they are popular months but should I expect to find any?

If a 1 bedroom will do for you, call the Sales Department at Peppertree by the Sea. If you have any kids, make sure you tell them you want one of the units with the 2 bunk beds recessed in the wall. Resort is in good shape; units are small; but right on a nice wide beach. If they have what you want, make a low ball offer. You might be surprised!

George

Note: I used to own a Week at the Resort and disposed of it because of my age and fact that it is a tough flight from Texas.

Last edited: