TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Summer availability of Timber lodge and Newport coast villa

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by Oscar923, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:03 AM.

1. Oscar923

Oscar923 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    HGVC Boulevard
    Hello everyone,

I own Shadow Ridge and am trying to exchange into Timber lodge (MML) or Newport Coast Villa (NCV) for the summer of 2018 (late June to mid August) through II. Using my Shadow Ridge 2-bedroom to trade, so far I can only see a 1-bedroom unit available at MML for the last week of June 2018 (which is really not bad)...and nothing for NCV. Could you guys shed some light on the availability of summer 2-bedroom units at MML and NCV? From reading the forum, I gather that both resorts are very popular. Just want to set realistic expectations for myself if 1-bedroom at MML is as good as it gets.

I am more familiar with RCI (also own HGVC), but have never traded using II.

Thanks in advance for all you input.

Oscar

2. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    Have you placed an ongoing search (OGS) request or are you just looking at open inventory online? I think its always best to place an OGS. so II's inventory matching machine can work for you.

Of the 2, I think NCV might be the more challenging.

3. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I think the 1 BR MML is probably going to be as good as it gets but I think that you might get that in July or early August too. I don't think the 2 br at either is impossible just very unlikely and to have a shot you need an OGS started 12-15 months in advance.

4. dneveu

dneveu TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
    Ideally you place an OGS search at least 12-13 months out. We placed one last year (at least) 12 months for NCV check-in labor day Weekend (2017). It was filled in a few weeks. While that entire week is not the highest TDI, the holiday weekend is extremely popular at Newport.

Best wishes!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 3:08 AM
  5. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

As a Newport Coast owner, I'd say don't count on getting a summer trade. Owners have difficulty booking a summer week, due to the poor planning of Platinum period. That being said, I did deposit my mid-June week with II this year. Not likely something I will do again.

6. Seaport104

Seaport104 TUG Member

Haven't requested NCV but my request for a 2BR MML has been for 10+ months using 2BR Thanksgiving week Ocean Pointe and nothing! Granted this is for a specific week only so maybe you'll have better luck with a OGS of wider range. I was only able to get a 1BR using a non-Marriott week.

I must say, though, that using destinations points, there are lots of availability for the summer. At 12 months out last year I booked a 3BR + 2BR for check in next week.

7. Oscar923

Oscar923 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    HGVC Boulevard
    Thanks everyone for the great info.
    I have also been pondering about getting some DC points for a while now. My Shadow Ridge week is great, and I fully intend to keep my week, but having DC points for flexibility does sound very enticing. Especially if availability of Timber lodge greatly improves with DC points. Of course, I will then have to evaluate buying DC points against buying a Timber lodge summer week.