TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Sumday Vacations?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by missyrcrews, Apr 9, 2015.

1. missyrcrews

missyrcrews TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    I'm considering a purchase from Sumday Vacations. It's a near-freebie with closing costs and 2015 MF's included, and 2015 first year of use, so that's good. Anything I should be wary of with these folks? I've never bought from anywhere but my home resort, so a little leery! Thanks for your help!

2. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

They are the best mass seller out there, hands down. Not that they never make a mistake, but they are rare and when they do they will do whatever it takes to make it right. No reason whatsoever to be leery, but it's always good to check.

3. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    Two thumbs up for Sumday.

4. Seaport104

Seaport104 TUG Member

Ditto + 3 thumbs up!!

5. ChrisandBeth

ChrisandBeth TUG Member

Have bought from them twice. Would not hesitate to do so again.

6. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    They're also Tug members in good standing. As trustworthy as you'll find.

Dave

7. mpumilia

mpumilia Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I would say since you are an experienced timeshare owner and you are a member of TUG, you will be fine. Just ask a lot of questions and come on here to ask about anything that doesn't sound right. If you are also familiar with the resort, that helps a lot. You can always contact them as well to confirm certain things. When I was acquiring the Pollard Brook freebie I was on TUG weekly every step of the way. I asked a lot of questions of the transfer company and on TUG and I stayed on top of it all and it went smoothly. Of course, it helped that I didn't have to lay out any money, so it wasn't really very risky. I don't know anything about Sumday. There are some complaints posted on Redweek, but there are also some compliments posted there as well. Good luck!

8. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    I have bought from them once and they were great to deal with...

9. alexadeparis

alexadeparis TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Points: Shell, Wyndham ODD, Starwood EVEN, Hilton EVEN, Hyatt ODD, Annual: TPU
    Several transactions. Always turned out ok. And the owner is really quick to respond here if someone posts a problem.

10. schiff1997

schiff1997 TUG Member

They are great to work with, quick to get back to you. No issues we have closed two with them.

11. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

Reading this thread I was thinking how great it is (1) that we have TUG members to consult with on topics like this and (2) how great that there are still a few reputable timeshare sellers out there.

12. missyrcrews

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    THanks, guys!

Thanks a million! It's for (yet) another week at the timeshare we already own at. It's a week I've been trying to persuade my husband that we need. Between Christmas and New Year's some years, so we'd be able to go there some years, and trade it other times. We really enjoy vacationing this way, and this would give us a week there in every season. (Think we're addicted...?) Sure do appreciate you folks helping me out. Now to work further on Dennis! ;)

Missy

13. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    That's so great! Will be perfect for you! Good luck with it!

14. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Just so you are familiar with their listing processes. They first put inventory on their website where you can only "buy it now" with a shopping cart type check-out system. You do have to prepay with a CC. If it sits for too long on the website then it goes to ebay. The best gems generally never make it to ebay. The prices on their site are usually pretty good although they knee jerked a little bit too much on Marriott's after Marriott was exercising ROFR on many of their listings. They have some low level Marriott weeks priced too high that Marriott doesn't want for even $1.

15. alexadeparis

alexadeparis TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Points: Shell, Wyndham ODD, Starwood EVEN, Hilton EVEN, Hyatt ODD, Annual: TPU
    You will not be addicted until you have more timeshare weeks than vacation weeks, and unable or unwilling to give any up.

16. missyrcrews

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    Purchased!

I got the week for $29.99 from their website in the clearance section. No MF's until April of 2016, and we can use it this year. I'll let you folks know how it turns out. If it doesn't work, then I'm out $29.99...which I can live with, I suppose. But if it DOES all pan out, I've got a week we can use most years during ski season. :banana:

17. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe

Congratulations on your purchase. I'll be surprised if it DOESN'T work out. Sumday is good for what they sell, and quick to fix any issues that pop up. If you need reassurance, search Tug for posts by Jeff Brown. He's the owner of Sumday. He's a class act.

Dave

18. Deb from NC

Deb from NC TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We had very good experience with Sumday as well...I bought our Flagstaff converted fixed week from their website. Great price and all went well....

19. swazzie

swazzie TUG Member

Another satisfied customer...I got one of my units from them and was able to negotiate a great price on it (lower than their list price and well below some winning eBay bids).

20. MelBay

MelBay TUG Lifetime Member

I've purchased two contracts from them. Smooth as silk. May be using them to sell one for my MIL soon.

21. missyrcrews

Resorts Owned:
    Cold Spring Resort
    Another question...

Alright, Tuggers...you've all been great thus far.

One more question for you: Where exactly do these time share weeks that Sumday is selling come from? I contacted my resort (which is quite small, so the manager knows me on a first-name basis!) to just sort of say "this is what I've done...be on the lookout for paperwork...yada yada." She told me that the week I've purchased still shows as belonging to someone, which I'm not surprised at, really. Is Sumday just kind of a go-between...advertising the week for the seller (who must have to pay quite a bit for this service?), and then doing the transfer? The resort has never had a week that was actually sold in this way, so we're going to learn together.

Thanks for your continued help as I go through this process! Glad I have you folks to question!

22. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I was wondering the same thing! Even with the company I got the Pollard Brook one from- (Timeshare Nation)- I still don't understand how-according to them in a example- a resort (like in Mexico) takes a timeshare as a trade-in from someone towards a purchase at their resort, but yet it still stays in the buyers name and they can't do anything with it- and then a timeshare management company gets involved (Timeshare Equity) and Timeshare Nation markets it for them and then uses a transfer/broker (in my case- Duncan Realty)to do the transfer. It all worked out very smoothly, but I still don't get the part about the resort taking a trade-in from a potential buyer for their timeshare resort and paying the equity company to manage it and get rid of it for the buyer and then the equity company paying the marketing company and - Aye! Yaye! Yaye!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  23. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I'm not certain where their inventory comes from. They do not advertise any services for timeshare owners. They only advertise as a place to shop for timeshares to buy. They do not appear to have a related entity that "gathers" the timeshares so I assume they have contracts with other companies that handle that part of it. They also have no problem letting them go for nothing with closing included so they must be getting revenue from these other unrelated entities. They are also not transferring any unsold units to viking ships.

24. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Could they be foreclosures?

25. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

No because with a foreclosure I believe the HOA would have to first take title. There would be a foreclosure record. Sumday's purchase contracts and deed transfers are all directly between the existing owner and the new buyer. That existing owner must have paid or will pay someone for the service, I am just not sure who.

I doubt Sumday will reveal the source or sources of their inventory. I know I wouldn't if I was them. Anyone could easily find out though by contacting an existing owner on a contract or deed and ask what service they used to get rid of their timeshare.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015