• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sucked in

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Also I need to get a copy of that paraphrase to show visa. I have some website of theirs I can't figure out where to find that phrase
Click on the website for Profeco that I linked in my post above. The quoted paragraph is in the center of their brochure up at the top of the page. It is titled "You can change your mind."

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
Went to the resort. I'm trying to email PROFECO

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I personally went there and was told I couldn't cancel because I signed a form that said no refund if cancelled. I thought going was better since I had emailed them once regarding something else and they didn't respond
So you have no paperwork to prove you asked to rescind? Hmmm, this might be iffy...do you have the name of the person you met and maybe time/date? (Heck, anything might help.) I think if you get the copy of the paper you signed saying you acknowledge you can't cancel, that will help a lot. Maybe share the story with your CC as well as the clip of the Profeco statement. Best of luck!

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
CC has started a dispute. I am sending all the info. Again if I get anything back bonus. If not I didn't give them more so that's a plus. However I will go social media route and blast them.

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lori: I have first hand positive experience with Diamante. I not only own 2 units there but last Friday a purchased and signed for an upgrade into a larger unit. Two days later I handled them a hand written revocation and that was it. I got notice from my bank of my deposit being refunded today.
My point is call up and speak to either Terry Hacker or David who are in charge of the sales department. I believe in the integrity of these people who I have dealt with over the years. It is certainly worth a try. I am saying this because it sounds like you are dealing with a sales person instead of
the sales manager.

I will monitor this post for your reply and I trust this will work out.

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
Ty I will call them.

Centurion

Reaction score
One very important part of visas policy on 14 days right to cancel the Timeshare purchase is the following:

You may dispute the charge and visa has no requirement that you prove that cancellation request was submitted or receive by the resort. You're saying that you canceled by any means is enough for visa to reverse the charge.

That simply means that if for example you had called them on day 13 and verbally told them to cancel that counts under this requirement of these are in no documentation is needed to be supplied.

I would call the dispute number on your card and tell them that you wish to dispute the full charge because you canceled within the 14 days allowed by visa for a timeshare purchase. You can indicate to them that the reason it is past 14 days is that you were expecting the resort to reverse the charge themselves and that has not occurred.

I'm sure this will work for you. Let us know!!

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
UPDATE; so visa reverses the charge. They are waiting for the resort to dispute it. Mark from the resort called me. Kept telling me that it was a great resort. Continuously interrupted me saying ppl were coming in to complete more sales. That the place was selling so fast and to date I had the best deal around. I told him the non refundable form I was to sign was not legit. He didn't understand what form. I explained again and that I had email confirmation regarding the form. Nope he didn't understand. Explained we came back 3 days later and were told we couldn't cancel as we signed a form. He still didn't understand. I told him I would talk to my husband.
Hubby recognized his name so we looked him up on FB. It was HIM that made us sign the form ! So I emailed and told him I was aware it was him! That I wanted my money back as so many lies and promises were made but that I saw the desceit.
Called visa back with the new info. They feel I have a good case. Don't suspect the resort to dispute the refund. Mid January is when it completes.
Thank you all for your help
I'll update once I have more info.
Cheers

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
Lori: I have first hand positive experience with Diamante. I not only own 2 units there but last Friday a purchased and signed for an upgrade into a larger unit. Two days later I handled them a hand written revocation and that was it. I got notice from my bank of my deposit being refunded today.
My point is call up and speak to either Terry Hacker or David who are in charge of the sales department. I believe in the integrity of these people who I have dealt with over the years. It is certainly worth a try. I am saying this because it sounds like you are dealing with a sales person instead of
the sales manager.

I will monitor this post for your reply and I trust this will work out.

I have posted an update. Had it worked out for us I would have made a point to find you at the resort

Centurion

Reaction score
Also I need to get a copy of that paraphrase to show visa. I have some website of theirs I can't figure out where to find that phrase
According to VISA timeshare policy you have 14 days to cancel but the key to this is there is not a specific way to show that you cancelled within the 14 day period. It is sufficient for you to simply state that you cancelled within this timeframe as no proof of cancellation is required to reverse the charge.

If you haven't already I would suggest calling your card company once again to get that refunded under the 14 day rule. Let us know how it goes.

Centurion

Reaction score
I misread your post. It looks like you may have had success reversing the charge. My apology for the redundant post.

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
UPDATE! I got my money back. I was past the 14 days of cancellation but I pointed out all the lies and discrepancies. They called me and said they weren't sure who would have made me sign the no refund policy. Once I was off the phone I looked up on Facebook who I had been talking too. It was HIM the one that made us sign. So I emailed him back and told him I didn't appreciate another lie. That I wanted nothing to do with a timeshare that couldn't be truthful. It's done and I won

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE! I got my money back...... It's done and I won

Congratulations! We love to hear success stories. We also LOVE Mexican resorts, but their sales practices are abhorrent.

Lori2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamante
The resort was beautiful. Just didn't like how they gave us such a sales pitch of no refund. Being honest would have been better. I want to know I'm getting what I bought.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being honest would have been better.

If TS sales people were honest, they wouldn't make any sales. You just proved that point. Had they been honest with you from the get-go, you would not have bought. You bought based on lies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
outstanding!