• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stuck in an RCI OGS match loop/1 in 4 rule preventing OGS?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
It's Groundhog Day! I've released this match 5 times and RCI keeps matching me to it. I can't seem to edit my search because 2 waikiki HGVC resorts have the 1 in 4 rule and I already have a match for the week before. I'm going for a consecutive week, so why won't it allow me? The RCI rep is having a heck of a time as well. Has this 1 in 4 rule changed with HGVC to be an umbrella like GPR resorts?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
It's Groundhog Day! I've released this match 5 times and RCI keeps matching me to it. I can't seem to edit my search because 2 waikiki HGVC resorts have the 1 in 4 rule and I already have a match for the week before. I'm going for a consecutive week, so why won't it allow me? The RCI rep is having a heck of a time as well. Has this 1 in 4 rule changed with HGVC to be an umbrella like GPR resorts?

Well, the RCI rep had to re-enter my search in a "different system" to get it to over-ride the 1 in 4 resorts. I still can't edit it online though (she put in the wrong year, sigh. I have to call back).

It's interesting (and concerning) to me that an OGS match would continuously happen though. If one does a OGS for a general area and date range, you might get stuck in a loop for a resort you want to throw back.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
That loop always happens to me whether its a specific resort or a general area. Just happened today with a general search. This time I was able to change my ogs to not include the specific date, and in a day or two I'll add it back. Last time the match kept happening too fast for me to change. The RCI rep had to eliminate the matched resort from the search.