• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Member Banner travels the world! (photos)

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay I am trying to send my pics to tug@tug2.net but it is raining again in Mexico so my email will not go out.....this has been the longest and most rain we have had in ten years!!!!

Anyway I'll get them out asap....hopefully tonight....the timeshare guys were so cool about the pics.....of course they tried to get us to buy or upgrade but we did not as we already have too many timeshares and most big units....but they were sure fun taking pics with and accomodating LOL.

One pic is with my husband next to me and one with Pancho ( not his true name from timeshare sales dept). Nice group of timeshare people...they knew of TUG. Also sent pics with some people we met, who now know all about TUG!!!

travelnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
A fun idea!! However , itsn't mailing the banner cheating? I expected that it would be a hand off like an Olympic relay, with Tuggers directly exchanging it in person, or leaving it at a resort for incoming Tugger to collect. This would lengthen the time between moves, but spare the expense of postage and the problem of timing the mailings to arrive before departure.

We'll be at Lawai Beach Resort and Pono Kai on Kauai from Nov 18 thru Dec 4 and would be happy to pick up the banner, or get it in the mail and carry it across the Pacific.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you leave it at the resort you are staying at for the next TUGger to collect, then how will it end up at other resorts? Then it would be the "Lawai Beach Resort" TUG banner, or at most the "Kauai" TUG banner, and it would never get to other islands/states/countries. The couple dollars of postage and a run to the PO is a lot less costly than the TUGger literally carrying it to another resort.

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my pics with banner I think successfully to Brian. I assume when he has time he will post them on here.

I sent quite a few, some with waiters, some with friends we introduced to TUG, some on our balcony and of course some with the timeshare salespeople.

The banner is already packed for next trip Nov. 14 to Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta, then it will be fedexed or DHL to resort of next person so there is no problem with short timeframe and two countries.

Happy Vacations with the TUG Banner!!!

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
See my signature below for 2009 trips. Just got back from Marriott Frenchman's Cove as well. I could have brought the banner to visit its first Hurricane....Omar!!!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Brian, I know you're busy, but it's time to update the Banner 1 settings on the first page of this thread. As you know, I did not receive the banner at Arroyo Roble due to shipping time limitations from the previous person. As far as I know, they've sent it on to the next person in line after me instead.

Dave

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have banner 1 in my suitcase ready for it's trip to Puerto Rico.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
updating the picture page and the lists are on my todo list this week!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
photo page is updated with 3 new pictures! thanks again! (now on to the schedule list)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
See my signature below for 2009 trips. Just got back from Marriott Frenchman's Cove as well. I could have brought the banner to visit its first Hurricane....Omar!!!

let me know if you get that 4/09 vacation and ill put you down!

sadly 1/09 is pretty booked...what week is it?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
looks like the banner will be in mexico that previous week, we will have to see when pammex is due to arrive back in the states after that to determine if its reasonable to get it to you by the 17th!

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
looks like the banner will be in mexico that previous week, we will have to see when pammex is due to arrive back in the states after that to determine if its reasonable to get it to you by the 17th!

Pammex stays in Mexico almost all the time but hubby goes back and forth....will not be possible to get banner to states by 17th.....unless I fedex it and that is very expensive here 480 pesos.....sorry.

I am fedexing the banner I have from NV, so do not want to have to keep fedexing......hubby will probably return to states around the 22nd of Jan.

Then he returns in Feb. near the end when we will go to PV/NV again but to Vallarta Palace & Marina de Oro......so could send back with hubby and maybe get back in Mexico for that trip if possible. :shrug:

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting the pics up Brian.....

The salesman were really good sports.....and they were aware of TUG!!!

The banner is off to Nuevo Vallarta in just 18 days, then will be fedexed to cslmit's resort.....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no worries...if its too close we can just get him on his 2nd trip! =)

Royal Resorts has always been a very good supporter of TUG, they are good people!

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
The banner had a nice time in Puerto Rico. I'll be posting some pictures soon and sending it off to its next vacation tomorrow.

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, I sent you the pics in an email. There's also one if it in my Trip Report in the Caribbean forum.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i dont see an email from you today? did you send it to tug@tug2.net ?

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but my email is not the same as my user name. I'll PM you now.

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
The TUG Banner had a fabulous time in Puerto Rico. Here it is lounging by the pool:

Click the photo for more pics of the banner and Club Cala de Palmas

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
What a Fabulous picture!!
Bet he had a Great Vacation!!
(nose looks a bit swollen & burnt tho....)

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boy this banner is fun huh? Brian you are doing a great job with the work this must create, thanks!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It really is fun to see all the pictures...I hope it continues on forever! I get to live my vacations through you guys as I dont get to take vacations anymore!

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian....no more vacations why???? work??? this site?????

Life is short..take a vacation, you deserve it....I'll even give you one of mine.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just dont have the time...while its possible to go on vacation...the workload that would pile up (even with a laptop) would be more of a nightmare than the vacation would alleviate =)

besides...i used to travel almost 45 weeks a year...so being at home is a vacation for me!