• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

fox4mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina ---Was your trade

into Tortuga on Sanibel through RCI or II?

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harborside Resort at Atlantis

We traded our platinum 1BR Sheraton Desert Oasis for a January Large 1BR at Harborside Resort at Atlantis in the Bahamas.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Fox4mel,
I got it thru II, if you look back a couple of messages even though I had a pending request, they put another sanibel week for 2017 in open inventory. Another tug person got it, which was good. I did call ii to just find out if I was just wishing or could get a trade into Sanibel. They explained to me the week that went into open inventory happen because they felt they would get a high value week for it being it was two years out. A Hawaii week got it in open inventory.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuscany Italy

Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Borgo alle Vigne in Tuscany Italy. We had a 2 bdrm & a 1-bdrm for 10 days. Took family and friends. Had an awesome time.

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Samoset Resort, Rockport Maine (2 bdrm)

I was able to grab a 2 bedroom unit at Samoset Resort in Rockport Maine over the 2016 4th of July holiday (July 2 - July 9). I was able to secure that week several months ago and earlier this week was able to grab a 2 bdrm at the same resort for 2017 for the last week of June (June 25 - July 2nd). The 2016 week was 34 TPU's and the 2017 week was 33.

We were able to visit this resort two summers ago and fell in love with the area.

yoboy pres

Reaction score
I was able to get 2 one bedrooms in Hilton Hawaiian village in November 2014 for a lock off unit deposited from vacation village @ parkway week 23

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2BD at HGVC Las Vegas (Paradise / Convention Center) for 7500 RCI points. At .007 a point thats $52.50 :whoopie:

Tack on its this weekend for NFL kickoff, Im in heaven.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was excited to get a 2-bedroom Riverpointe Napa Valley for October 2016 from my Shadow Ridge studio. I've been to Riverpointe before so I'm familiar with what "two bedrooms" is. :)

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Just exchanged my DSVII studio into Newport Coast Villas for mid September, 2016. It was just sitting there in instant inventory. NCV has been on my shortlist but I hadn't gotten around to setting up an ongoing search. This worked out great!

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carpediem 1BR (just outside Rome)

I just reserved a 1BR unit at Carpediem Roma (just outside Rome) for a week in late October 2017.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got Club Intrawest Palm Desert for January with my Shell points. It's a 2 bedroom, which is nice, but I read the one bedrooms have outside showers, which would have been fun.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I just got Club Intrawest Palm Desert for January with my Shell points. It's a 2 bedroom, which is nice, but I read the one bedrooms have outside showers, which would have been fun.

Not all the 1 BRs have outdoor showers - only some of the 1BR Terrace units. Don't feel too bad - we were there in March in one of those units and it was way too cool to use the outdoor shower then, and I expect in January it could be downright chilly!

Last edited:

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
My requests with II were just confirmed using two 2BR ACs from non-Marriott weeks. We used our 2 ACs for two 2BR units for week 25 2016 at MFV (Marriott Fairway Villas). Both are for June 19, 2016 check in next year. I saw these units in open inventory with my real deposits and thought, what the heck - maybe II will decide to take my money on the AC exchange and what do you know??? :clap:

Lately - II has been great for us. On the other hand - RCI has been disappointing. We now have 273 TPUs and I've yet to confirm anything. Just haven't been crazy about the inventory.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Marriott Grande Vista studio---> Florida Club'd to Beachplace Tower's spring break week studio ----> exchanged (instant) to Westin Princeville Ocean View Resort (WPOVR) studio deluxe in start of whale season (1st week in Feb).

(was offered Ko Olina studio as well; but needed Sunday check-in)

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got two great (hard to get) exchanges through RCI Points that were setting online.

I don't do ongoing searches. I guess I would if there was somewhere that I really "had" to go and during a certain time frame.

Neither of these places were necessarily on my radar. I check everywhere just to see what's out there and to consider the possibilities. I've always let what I find determine our travel plans and it's worked out well. I know that the mantra on TUG is that everything online are leftovers. I enjoy leftovers. Yum! ;)

This July I saw Ram's Horn Village Resort in Estes Park for the last week of June, 2017 setting online (2BR).

Nova Scotia was not on my radar. However, I started looking into Canada resorts about six months ago. There's one timeshare resort in Nova Scotia. In September, setting online, there was a late July week for 2016 available at White Point Vacation Club. We were meant to go! :banana:

For us, these were two great scores!!!!!!! I love the hunt. :D

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't do ongoing searches. I guess I would if there was somewhere that I really "had" to go and during a certain time frame.

Neither of these places were necessarily on my radar. I check everywhere just to see what's out there and to consider the possibilities. I've always let what I find determine our travel plans and it's worked out well. I know that the mantra on TUG is that everything online are leftovers. I enjoy leftovers. Yum! ;)

This July I saw Ram's Horn Village Resort in Estes Park for the last week of June, 2017 setting online (2BR).

Nova Scotia was not on my radar. However, I started looking into Canada resorts about six months ago. There's one timeshare resort in Nova Scotia. In September, setting online, there was a late July week for 2016 available at White Point Vacation Club. We were meant to go! :banana:

For us, these were two great scores!!!!!!! I love the hunt. :D

Congrats, Egret! Great catches. (I also don't do OGS for similar reasons and have found some great 'leftovers' online. Normally I watch a particular region or regions, but sometimes I see something really interesting out of my primary search criteria.)

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found "leftovers" at the Wyndham Panama City Beach. I booked a studio for me in May and 2 more 1BR in June for family & friends. All just sitting there for the taking last week. Checked a few other travel sites & the resort next door, also Wyndham, was over $3,000 for the weeks in June! Cost of points, exchange & guest certain was under $750 a week!

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recent trades-

II
Harbor Landing hotel unit traded for 1 bdrm week at Hanalei Bay Resort
(5/15)
Harbor Landing studio unit traded for 2 bdrm week at Kona Coast Resort
6/15)
Harbor Landing hotel unit traded for efficiency at Marriott's Desert Ridge (10/15)
Harbor Landing hotel unit traded for 2 bdrm at Marriott's Waiohai
(11/15)

RCI
Wyndham Beachwalk (some of our 308K points) traded for:
1 brdrm Lawai Beach Resort Thanksgiving 2015
2 bdrm Hilton Grand Kohala Suites Resort Thanksgiving 2016

Last edited:

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two months ago, I found and reserved (2) 2-bedroom units for 4th of July week 2016 at Meadow Lake Resort near Glacier using RCI Points. I had been hoping for a summer week at Glacier knowing they were in short supply and finding these holiday weeks available seems like a steal!

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Catch at Meadow Lake!

Two months ago, I found and reserved (2) 2-bedroom units for 4th of July week 2016 at Meadow Lake Resort near Glacier using RCI Points. I had been hoping for a summer week at Glacier knowing they were in short supply and finding these holiday weeks available seems like a steal!

Great catch! We were at Meadow Lake Resort last summer and had a great time! I hope that you have an equally enjoyable one!

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
Just got a 2 br Newport Coast trade for Sept. '16 with a lockoff from Aruba Surf Club- within 2 days of placing the request! I never dreamed we could get in but thanks to the Tuggers that have posted their great trades, I decided to place the request. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!:banana:

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Enjoy!

That sounds great! Have a great time!

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aulani 2016

After having an ongoing search for more than 2 years, I got a match for a 2 bedroom for next summer at Aulani. I have requested 1 bedroom since there are only 3 of us but got a 2 bedroom match. I never expect it to match and definitely not a 2 bedroom. I don't plan to go back to hawaii next year since we just spent 3.5 weeks on 3 islands this year and we originally want to go back in 2017. Since this is such a difficult match, I confirm the reservation and will try to juggle going to Italy, China and hawaii next summer.
The unit code on the reservation is 289 so should be 2 dedicated bedroom oceanview.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
After having an ongoing search for more than 2 years, I got a match for a 2 bedroom for next summer at Aulani. I have requested 1 bedroom since there are only 3 of us but got a 2 bedroom match. I never expect it to match and definitely not a 2 bedroom. I don't plan to go back to hawaii next year since we just spent 3.5 weeks on 3 islands this year and we originally want to go back in 2017. Since this is such a difficult match, I confirm the reservation and will try to juggle going to Italy, China and hawaii next summer.
The unit code on the reservation is 289 so should be 2 dedicated bedroom oceanview.

Congrats on getting a 2BR at a DVC resort. The 2BR has not been seen for many months

Regards