• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Detailed Resort & Affiliated Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Grand Waikikian at HHV
1811 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

HGVC Grand Waikikian Front Desk text - 808-784-7088

Room Layout, Location and Views (interactive website) {link might not be working}
http://www.grandwaikikian.com/021_viewtype_T_E.html

Rooms Codes - if you have specific bedding requirements pay attention at this resort, as room codes dictate bedding.
With other earlier resort towers at this location, PLUS mean an Ocean View room. Beware that at this tower PLUS is ONLY a partial ocean view. If you want a better ocean view you need to move up to the PREMIER category. Just saying you are warned, POV and OV and not the same thing, so level set your expectations. Even the room descriptions for POV rooms states "Units offer a city view with limited ocean view from the lanai."

1 BR Codes
1BD - 1 Bedroom - City/Resort View, King in Master
1DD - 1 Bedroom - City/Resort View, 2 Doubles in Master
1BP - 1 Bedroom PLUS - Partial Ocean View, King in Master
1DP - 1 Bedroom PLUS - Partial Ocean View, 2 Doubles in Master
1BX - 1 Bedroom PREMIER - Ocean View, King in Master
1DX - 1 Bedroom PREMIER- Ocean view, 2 Doubles in Master

2 BR Codes

2BD - 2 Bedroom - City/Resort View, King in Master (Either King or 2 Doubles in secondary BR)
2BP - 2 Bedroom PLUS - Partial Ocean View, King in Master (Either King or 2 Doubles in secondary BR)
2BX - 2 Bedroom PREMIER - Ocean View, King in Master (Either King or 2 Doubles in secondary BR)
2PH - 2 Bedroom PENTHOUSE, King in both Master and Secondary BRs

3 BR Codes
3PH - 3 Bedroom PENTHOUSE, 2 Master BRs (King, 2 Doubles), secondary BR is a King

Penthouses at Grand Waikikiian (refer to pic)
X is 5 to 9 based on Floors 35-39 where the PHs are location.
3X01 and 3X02 are 3 BR PHs, there are a total of 10, 2 per floor. These are the end units that face the Lagoon Tower and the Marina.
All other units on floor are 2 BRs, There are 23 2 BR PH units, 5 per floor, except FL 35 which has 3.
The PH Lounge is on the 35th floor and takes up 2 of the 2 BRs located at 05 and 07 positions.
The 05 and 07 units face Diamond Head. 06 and 10 units face Ewa and the Marina can be seen from the balcony.
Unit 11 Faces Kalia Tower direction, and you can see Diamond Head and the City.

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 9.17.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 9.17.54 PM.png

Grand Waikikiian Penthouses
gw_penthouse.png

Penthouses at Grand Waikikiian (refer to pic)
X is 5 to 9 based on Floors 35-39 where the PHs are location.
3X01 and 3X02 are 3 BR PHs, there are a total of 10, 2 per floor. These are the end units that face the Lagoon Tower and the Marina.
All other units on floor are 2 BRs, There are 23 2 BR PH units, 5 per floor, except FL 35 which has 3.
The PH Lounge is on the 35th floor and takes up 2 of the 2 BRs located at 05 and 07 positions.
The 05 and 07 units face Diamond Head. 06 and 10 units face Ewa and the Marina can be seen from the balcony.
Unit 11 Faces Kalia Tower direction, and you can see Diamond Head and the City.

Grand Waikikian Floor Plans
Grand Waikikian Floor Plans.png

Photos

2013 Grand Waikikian Tower one bedroom plus https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157632607903247
2014 Grand Waikikian Tower three bedroom oceanfront penthouse https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157650676101163

Thread Links
quetions about 2 bdr Grand Waikikian
Hilton Hawaiian Village Grand Waikikian Tower - Three Bedroom Penthouse Photos
Grand Waikikian and Embassy on Oahu

Attachments

• GW_layout and points (1).pdf
    532.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kalia Suites at HHV
2181 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

Room Layout, Location and Views

Kalia Tower is a combination hotel/timeshare tower. Kalia timeshare units are converted hotel rooms. There are a total 72 timeshare units in the Kalia Tower. The rooms are located on 6 floors (floor # 12 through 18; there is no 13th floor).

The studio units here have a few bonus features, they are ALL Oceanview, they have balconies (Lagoon Tower Studios mostly do not), a more modern decor than the Lagoon tower. Catch, there is only 6, 1 per floor. They are attached to a 1 BR so you may have some noise through the interconnecting door. They are one of the harder units to book as they go so fast.

The rest of the timeshares floors are 1 BR units which are either Mountain/City views (of which they are 24 units), and Ocean View (42 units).

Rooms Codes - if you have specific bedding requirements pay attention at this resort, as room codes dictate bedding.

Studio

STP - Studio Ocean View, King Bed

1 BR Codes
1BR - 1 Bedroom - Mountain/City View, King Bed
1DR - 1 Bedroom - Mountain/City View, 2 Doubles
1BP - 1 Bedroom PLUS - Ocean View, King
1DP - 1 Bedroom PLUS - Ocean view, 2 Doubles

Links
HGVC Albums - Recent stay at Kalia
Updated my HGVC album: Kalia #1254
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/2011-kalia-tower-not-ba

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
69-699 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Phone: 808-881-3000
HGVC Kings Land Front Desk text - 808-427-1877

Kings' Land Resort HGVC Club Info (Photos, Point chart, Map)

Kings' Land Resort Information

Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations is a spectacular resort located on the exclusive Kohala Coast of Hawaii's Big Island. Nestled directly between two of Hawaii's championship golf courses, Kings' Land offers a super pool with lava rock formations, slides, plunge pools, sand-bottom kid's pool, kid's activity area with video game systems, and the delectable King's Bistro. Guests of Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations also have access and charge privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of pools, lagoon beach, restaurants, boutiques, spa and recreation. Complimentary shuttle service is available between the resort, the Hilton Waikoloa Village and area shops.

Room Information:

Kings’ Land was built in 3 phases I, II & III.

· Phase I only contains the larger 1 and 2 Bd rooms plus 3 Bd rooms

· Phase II only contains the smaller 1 and 2 Bd rooms.

· Phase III contains both size rooms which is split 50/50 between Phase I/II room sizes. It also contains some 3 Br rooms.

· Phase I are buildings 1-11

· Phase II are buildings 21 & 22

· Phase III are buildings 23-25

· Future KL Phase IV/V (after Ocean Tower project) will be to the left of Phase III.

Discussion of the 3 phases including location and rooms at KL

Discussion on Why go the HGVC on the Big Island at all

Discussion on Which Waikoloa (Big Island ) HGVC to select

Room Codes:

• 1BR Building #1-11, #23-25 (Standard Phase 1 first floor)
  • 1BP Building #1-4 (Plus Phase 1 first or second floor depends on availability)
  • 1KP Building #5-11, #23-25 (Plus Phase 1/3 second floor)
  • 1BX Building #1-11, #23-25 (Premier Phase 1/3 third floor or second floor end unit)
  • BR1 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Standard Phase 2/3)
  • BP1 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Plus Phase 2/3)
  • 2BR is a standard phase 1/3 first floor (Note: First Floor 2 bedroom units in Bldg 5-11 are all standard 2 Bds with room code {2BR})
  • 2BR2 is standard phase 2
  • 2BP is a plus unit phase 1/3 first or second floor (Note: 1st floor units are only in Bldg 1-4 because the 2 bedroom units in those building were all sold as "Plus" and "Premier" units, not standard 2 bd units)
  • 2KP is a plus unit phase 1 second floor
  • 2BP2 is plus phase 2
  • 2BX is premier phase 1 third floor
  • BR2 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Standard Phase 2/3)
  • BP2 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Plus Phase 2/3)
  • 3BR is a 3Br unit end unit on the first floor in Phase 1
  • 3BX is a 3Br unit end unit on the second floor in Phase 1
  • 3LX Building #23-25 (Premier Phase 3 first, second, or third floor end unit).

Kings Land Property Map.png

Hilton Waikoloa Village Map.png

King's Land 1 Bedroom Layout.png

Kings' Land 2:3 Bedroom Layout.png

Kings's Land Point Chart.png

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Yes, that looks good! Thanks for doing this!!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, that looks good!

Thanks, I only had to pull the information that you and others previously posted. I just wanted to ensure that I got it correct because it is confusing.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Anderson Ocean Club
2600 North Ocean Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577
Phone: 843-213-5340

Strand Capital Group built Anderson Club. They sold units as wholly owned condos -- you can still buy them today. However, as sales lagged, they partnered with HGVC to unload half their units in 2011. Today, their website says...

"The project consists of 172 Hilton Grand Vacation timeshare units and 132 rental condominiums. On-site project management is provided by Hilton Grand Vacations." The Strand-units not sold to HGVC are rented thru Oceana -- a Wyndham TS rental service.

Anderson Ocean Club HGVC Club Information (point chart, map, photos)

Anderson Ocean Club Additional HGVC Club Information

AOC Point Chart.png

Anderson Beach Club Floor Plans.png

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Fiesta Americana Vacation Club Resorts

(1) Resort Name - Fiesta Americana Vacation Club Resorts
(2) Website - http://www.favc.com/
(3) Club Rules / Guides - FAVC Regular Members: https://portal.favc.com/Style_FAVC/GS/GS_FAVC_Nuevos_en.pdf & FAVC Master Members: https://portal.favc.com/Style_FAVC/GS/GS_FAVC_Master_Nuevos_en.pdf
(4) HOA Documentation / News - tbd
(5) Resale department - tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted) - internal trade into a subset of HGVC resorts (see Member Guide)
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Posadas http://www.posadas.com/en/web/marcas
(9) Please explain in detail the difference between your affiliate resort and HGVC developed resort - tbd

Here are some comments made in a 2013 thread. Don't know if anything changed
FAVC is great depending on what you use it for...

I have been reading the thread on FAVC and it seems many people don't like it. As for our family, we love it! We purchased FAVC resale a couple years ago for practically nothing ($1000 and first year MF plus all transfer fees paid) for a 5000 point annual contract plus 3400 carryover points, expiring 2048 . We wanted to buy into the HGVC system, but the reasons why I chose this share:

Comparable HGVC resales were $5000-$10000 for a 5000 point contract and HGVC has first right of refusal on all but LG Flamingo. I also looked at Bay Club, also an affiliate in Hawaii with no ROFR, but the buy-in was higher and annual maintenance fees also higher and you had to pay a large points conversion fee to get into HGVC.

No high activation, transfer or point conversion fees (low $100 fee paid by seller).

Lower maintenance fees for comparable point values. $915 for 5000 points including club dues, many HGVC properties are $900 - $1200.

Lower (non-home resort) reservation fee. All reservations need to be made by phone due to upgrades on the website, but $49 fee is lower than HGVC $89 phone reservation.

Same open season rates and availability.

Complementary guest vouchers (HGVC charges $39.00).

We have been able to book in Las Vegas (where we usually go to visit family) with a couple months notice at the Flamingo, and shorter notice at the other 2 properties without any problem. Most recently I booked at the LG Flamingo earlier this month in September for Veteran's Day holiday weekend, and there was still availability.

We can borrow points from the next year for no additional charge, just like HGVC.

FAVC also allow you to book at Club Intrawest properties, where I don't think HGVC can. Only 5 properties, but this gives more options for staying in the system.

FAVC allows you to use your points to book at Posadas hotels in Mexico. We haven't travelled to Mexico much, but if you do, they have a lot of hotels to choose from in many resort and metro areas.

Same RCI points conversion and fees as HGVC.

Cons:

Transfer took a long time...really long. Over 6 months.

Points don't roll over and have to be banked by March (for $91 fee, compare to $89 HGVC). I believe you can rescue points at HGVC for an additional fee, but an option with FAVC. This hasn't been an issue for us since we have used them all every year.

Can't combine contracts if we were to buy more points resale. The only way to do this is to buy a point package from the developer at their price $6/point...no way! I don't know how this compares to HGVC, probably the same.

The contract is a "Right of Use" for a term, you don't own it. The contract we purchased was through 2048. We have 36 years remaining on it and I don't know anyone who has owned their timeshare for 36 years anyway.

FAVC members can't use HGVC properties in CA, CO or NY. FAVC members can't convert club points to HHonors points. Neither is a big deal for us. I am a diamond member with Hhonors, and the point conversion is not favorable in most instances.

All in all, we are very happy with FAVC. We were able to purchase into the HGVC system via FAVC for a low buy-in price, relatively low maintenance fees and lower relative transaction fees. I would like to see their upgrades to the website complete to check point balances and make reservations, but their customer service reps are very helpful in the interim. We rarely plan vacations a year out, and so far availability hasn't been an issue for us. We have only travelled within the HGVC system with our FAVC points and have been very satisfied with the process and availability.
I agree with AZAkiMom. I've had a very positive experience with FAVC too. The only major downside I've found is that you have to pay a membership fee with each resale contract you buy. This is not a factor if you buy one large contract, obviously.

I've had no problem combining two accounts for a Home or Club season reservation - they usually do it instantly. Once I wanted to book Open Season with points from two accounts and they asked for an email requesting the combine. I had an answer and the reservation completed in a couple of hours.

I liked the old online reservation system and I hope the new one is even stronger. In the meantime, the telephone reservation people are very nice and very helpful.

Booking Posadas Hotels was quick and easy and seemed to be a good use of my points. This allows you to stay in hotels in South America and all over Mexico.

Since my relatives don't want the timeshares after I'm gone, RTU is perfect - they don't have to sell it or go through the paperwork to decline it and I don't have to sell it should I outlive it - it will just evaporate. :wave:

All in all, I'm very happy with FAVC.

(10) Any other details - tbd

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort

(1) Resort Name - The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort
(2) Website - http://bayclub.hgvc.com/
(3) Club Rules / Guide - tbd
(4) HOA Documentation / News - http://bayclub.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
(5) Resale department - tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted) - optional (additional fee required for HGVC membership)
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI (individual membership fee required).
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Nikken Corporation
(9) Please explain in detail the difference between your affiliate resort and HGVC developed resort.

Home week reservations are different than the HGVC developed resorts. Home week reservation are booked through the Bay Club and all weeks are available for booking at the beginning of the preceding year.

To ensure compliance with Bay Club Vacation Owners Association Program Rules, all reservation requests must be submitted in writing. Reservation Request forms are made available late in the year for the upcoming use year. Starting in early January, all reservations requests will be processed in the order in which they are received. Reservation Requests received before January will be date stamped upon receipt. A written confirmation will be emailed to the owner once the reservation request has been processed. ln the event the reservation request cannot be fulfilled, the owner will be contacted to discuss alternate dates.

For example: 2019 Home Resort Reservations can be processed as early as January 2018. Reservation Request Forms for 2019 Home Week Reservations will be available in late 2017. lf you do not plan to use your Bay Club Home Week then there is no need to complete the form. Here's an example of a Reservation Request Form - https://hgvclub.com/hoa/167/.

You no longer have to pay a year in advance While you reserve in advance you pay in December just before the year you are using.

Another quirk. You can't block book. (Multiple weeks in a row.) Each week is a separate booking. I usually mark on all forms that I want a block booking, and that I can be flexible about when. (I go usually in January, and I take the time to actually talk with the staff to see what is available the next year. No Problems so far. . . )

(And no problems with the staff, either. They seem particularly appreciative of owners who are not HGVC points members, because we are the repeat customers who come back year after year.)

Also, for those direct owners wanting to book a particular unit, be aware that the units are split into different periods, per week starting date. Unit X will always be starting Thursdays, Y on Fridays, Z on Saturdays and, Unit P on Sundays. So if you want unit CCC for your week, you need to find what week it is assigned and book that period.
Additional information about the Bay Club can be found in this thread:
"Bay Club Question" (2017) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/bay-club-question.255985/

(10) Any other details

Bay Club Fact Sheet - http://www.hgv.com/wp-content/uploads/resort-info/hawaii/Bay Club One-Page.pdf

From 2016 HOA newsletter - http://bayclub.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
Aloha from Owner Services!
We have just finished wrapping up an extremely busy first half of the year. As we approach the second half of 2016, we are preparing for another busy summer and look forward to welcoming back many Owners who will be celebrating their 20th year of ownership at The Bay Club.

At this time, we would like to take the opportunity to provide you with the following helpful booking reminders:
All Owners requesting to reserve their 2016 or 2017 timeshare week use at The Bay Club must complete a reservation request form in writing and return for processing in one of the following formats:

• Via fax at (808) 886-4538
  • Via scanned attachment to thebayclub@hgvc.com
  • Via regular mail addressed to Owner Services
Request for special unit or location request(s) will be noted on your reservation. These requests are subject to availability on the day of your arrival.

Owners with Hilton Grand Vacations Club membership requesting access to their 2016 or 2017 ClubPoints should contact the Hilton Grand Vacations Call Center at (800) 932-4482 or visit club.hiltongrandvacations.com.
Owners with RCI membership requesting to have their 2016 timeshare week banked must complete the “Spacebank Request” section of the reservation request form and return it directly to Owner Services by December 31, 2016 to have your week deposited with RCI.
From December 2015 Vacation Ownership Audit (VOA)
- http://bayclub.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
NOTE 1 - THE ASSOCIATION
The Bay Club Vacation Owners Association (the “Association”) was incorporated on January 27, 1995, under the laws of Hawaii as a nonprofit, non-stock corporation to operate and manage a timeshare ownership program at the Bay Club at Waikola Beach Resort (the “Condominium”) located in Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii. The Association consists of 168 units (8,568 unit-weeks). The owners of all unit-weeks in the Condominium are the only members.

Nikken Corporation (the “Developer”), a Hawaii corporation, is the developer of the Condominium.

NOTE 11 - COMMITMENTS
The Association has a one-year management agreement ending January 1, 2016, with HGVM. HGVM provides on-site management and maintenance services and off-site administrative and accounting services. The contract automatically renews for successive one-year periods unless HGVM or the Association, by a vote of a majority of the owners, determines not to renew the agreement and gives appropriate notice of that determination.

Although no written agreement has been signed, AOAO allows the Association to conduct certain operations in the designated common elements of AOAO. The Association pays a monthly fee of $7,200. For the year ended December 31, 2015, fees amounted to $86,400 and are included in operations expenses.

Although no written agreement has been signed, the Board approved a 60/40 split in rental revenue with the Developer, with 60% of the rental proceeds going to the Developer and 40% to the Association. For the year ended December 31, 2015, rental revenue amounted to $53,135 and is included in other revenue.
2002 Bay Club goes under Hilton management

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2002/11/11/daily78.html
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2002/11/16/business/index2.html

The owners of the Bay Club time-share resort at Waikoloa on the Big Island have transferred the sales and marketing of the property to Hilton Grand Vacations Club for an undisclosed price.

The Hilton time-share operation also will assume management of the property when the transfer goes into effect Jan.1.

Richard Lachmann, attorney for the Bay Club Ownership Resort Inc., said yesterday the deal involves the existing 172 units at the resort and does not include the 90-unit Phase II, which broke ground Aug. 6.

Nikken Corp., a Hawaii corporation owned in Japan, joined with Lahaina-headquartered Grand Ownership Resortsin 1994 to convert the Waikoloa resort to time-share.

Sales at the 15.5-acre Bay Club have gone well, to the point of a near sellout, but conditions in Japan led Nikken to seek someone else to take it over, Nikken said in a statement issued in Honolulu.

The Bay Club has been an affiliate of Hilton Grand Vacations since 1999, but the agreement expands Hilton's involvement, the statement said.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT AND/OR ADD

(1) Resort Name: HGVClub at MarBrisa
HGVC MarBrisa Front Desk text - 760-904-3200
(2) Resort Website: tbd
(3) Resort Club Rules / Guide: tbd
(4) HOA Documentation / News: tbd
(5) Resale department: tbd
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted): Optional
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI, GPX
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Grand Pacific Resorts https://grandpacificresorts.com/

Here's some additional information about the Grand Pacific and HGVC agreement
(a) Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort and Hilton Grand Vacations Expand Relationship (2010) - http://newsroom.hilton.com/index.cf...nd-hilton-grand-vacations-expand-relationship
(b) Grand Pacific Resorts, Inc. announces development of the Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort, opening in Carlsbad in late 2007 (2007) - https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...c-Resorts-announces-development-Grand-Pacific
(c) TUG Thread: Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort (2007) -http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53363

(9) Please explain in detail the difference between your affiliate resort and HGVC developed resort.

Here are some old threads. Don't know if anything changed
(10) Any other details that you think would be useful

Contact Info - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/contact.html

Latest Resort News - https://grandpacificresorts.com/owners-community/stay-informed/resort-news/

From the December 31, 2014 Year End Financial Statement - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/images/GPM_2015Financial.pdf
Note 3. Related Parties
Management agreement: The Association is operated under a management agreement with Hilton Grand Vacation Club, LLC (HGVC), who has subcontracted with a professional property management company, Grand Pacific Resort Services, L.P. (GPRS), an affiliate of the developer. The Association’s management’s budget is within the guidelines established by the California Bureau of Real Estate, which regulates common interest developments. Management fees under this agreement were $603,212 for the year ended December 31, 2015, of which $563,894 is allocated as fixed expenses under the operating fund and $39,318 is allocated as repairs, replacement and maintenance under the replacement fund.
The Association pays an additional licensing fee to HGVC equal to 2.5 percent of all expenses, before management fees and other adjustments. Licensing fees were $151,937 for the year ended December 31, 2015, and are allocated as administration and sales under the operating fund.
Exchange affiliation agreement: Effective September 2006, the Association has entered into an exchange affiliation agreement with HGVC to offer vacation interval owners at the Association the opportunity to utilize the exchange services and related benefits provided through HGVC. Owners who submit a HGVC enrollment agreement and pay the applicable enrollment and transaction fees shall be entitled to full access to all the benefits, reservations and exchange services offered by HGVC. The term of the agreement is five years and is automatically renewable for successive one-year periods, unless terminated in accordance with the agreement. The liability for the 2016 unpaid HGVC memberships has been accrued on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance as of December 31, 2015. As of December 31, 2015, the Association owed HGVC $951,062 under this agreement and is reported under
due to related parties on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance.
Other: In addition, the Association shall compensate GPRS and Advanced Financial Corporation (AFC), an affiliate of the developer, for other services provided, including but not limited to assessments billing and collection, accounting and computer services, file and reservation system maintenance, owner relations service, and Board and members meetings coordination. The Association also reimburses GPRS for any out-of-pocket expenses paid. At December 31, 2015, the Association owed GPRS and AFC and other related parties $611,305 for services provided, including $140,840 of fees billed to interval owners included in assessments and other receivables, which will be collected by the Association on behalf of AFC. At December 31, 2015, the Association incurred $237,595 in expense for these services, which has been allocated to administration and sales, fixed expenses and owner relations and guest services under the operating fund on the statement of revenues, expenses and changes in fund balance (deficit).
Cost-sharing agreement: The Association has entered into a cost and facilities sharing agreement with Grand Pacific Carlsbad, L.P. (the Developer), a California limited partnership, to share common operating expenses related to the common facilities, private road and parking lot shared with the nearby hotel owned by the Developer. These expenses shall be shared between the Association and the Developer based on the burden each places on the property, as measured by such factors as the number of rooms, occupancy rates and occupants per unit. Currently, allocation percentages for the Association and the Developer are 44 percent and 56 percent, respectively. In addition, as consideration for allowing the Association to use roadways, parking facilities and other common facilities, the Association pays the Developer, in advance, an annual facilities fee, subject to annual consumer price index increases, based on the number of intervals. For both 2015 and 2016, the fee per interval was $22. The Association incurred expenses of $138,809 for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is allocated to fixed expenses under the operating fund. For the year ended December 31, 2016, the Association paid the Developer $156,373, which has been recorded as prepaid expenses on the statement of assets, liabilities and fund balance at December 31, 2015.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort

(1) Resort Name: Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort
(2) Resort Website: http://plantationbeach-irp.hgvc.com/ & http://www.floridagrandvacations.com/hutchinsonisland/plantation_home.php
(3) Resort Club Rules / Guide: http://plantationbeach-irp.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
(4) HOA Documentation / News: http://plantationbeach-irp.hgvc.com/hoa-updates.html
(5) Resale department: http://www.floridagrandvacations.com/hutchinsonisland/plantation_sales.php
(6) HGVC membership (mandatory/optional/grandfathered/restricted): Optional
(7) Major Exchange Company affiliation - RCI, Interval International
(8) Developer/Partnership company - Managed by Hilton Grand Vacations Management Company.

Here an old thread. Don't know if anything changed
"II Exchanges with HGVC" (2010) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ii-exchanges-with-hgvc.131801/
(10) Any other details that you think would be useful

HGVC Videos -

Plantation Beach Club Flexible Use Program - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByZ8pXNPwzFmREJDZUxPUDJvdDg

What is Plantation Beach Club Flexible Use Program?
The Flexible Use Program is an ownership program designed to give an owner more flexibility when planning their vacation.

What Are The Benefits Of Flexible Use?

• You own part of a “pool” rather than a specific week so you are not locked into a particular week or unit year after year.
  • You may alter the time of your annual vacation to fit your family’s busy schedule.
  • You have the flexibility to vacation during special family occasions.
What Do I Own?
  • You own a deeded week at Plantation Beach Club @IRP. It can be rented, exchanged, bequeathed, resold, or better yet, used at a time that best fits your schedule.
How Do I Use My Flexible Week?
  • You must submit a written Flexible Reservation Request form to Plantation Beach Club @IRP each year because THE WEEK NUMBER ON YOUR DEED IS NOT YOUR CONFIRMED FLEXIBLE WEEK.
  • Mail, e-mail or Fax your completed Flexible Reservation Request form to Plantation Beach Club @IRP. Your request will be confirmed no earlier than 365 days prior to your choice and no later than 10 days prior to the week of your choice.
  • There are three flex seasons.
    • Flex A is deeded weeks 1 to 4 and may flex into weeks 1 thru 4 only.
    • Flex B is deeded weeks 16 to 34 and may flex into weeks 16 thru 34 only.
    • Flex C is deeded weeks 35 to 50 and may flex into weeks 35 thru 50 only.
  • Try to reserve your week early. Most owners make reservations at least one year in advance.
  • In the event that more requests are made for a given unit type and week than there are available, the criteria for determining the relative priorities are the following:
    1. Number of weeks owned (to facilitate reservation of contiguous weeks for multi-week purchasers).
    2. Availability of secondary preference.
  • After the above criteria is met all others will be put into a lottery and names “drawn from the hat”.
How Do I Rent My Flexible Week?
  • Complete the first steps of How Do I Use My Flexible Week? This is necessary since you cannot rent your deeded week. After your reservation is confirmed, you will receive a copy of your confirmed reservation.
  • Fill out the Hilton Grand Vacations Exclusive Timeshare Rental Contract.
  • Mail, e-mail or Fax the completed Rental Contract and a copy of your confirmed reservation to the fax number or address at the top of the Exclusive Timeshare Rental Contract.
How Do I Exchange My Flexible Week?
  • Complete the first steps of How Do I Use My Flexible Week?
  • After you have your confirmation with your reservation number you may call your exchange company and give them the unit and week that you have reserved. Do Not Give Them Your Deeded Unit or Week. The exchange company will contact us to verify the information. We will deny the banking if they have incorrect information, so please ensure you give them the correct information.
What Are The Rules of Flextime Ownership?
  • You will be confirmed into the week of your choice on a first-come, first served, space available basis.
  • In the event that more requests are made for a given unit type and week than there are available, the criteria for determining the relative priorities are the following:
    1. Number of weeks owned (to facilitate reservation of contiguous weeks for multi-week purchasers).
    2. Availability of secondary preference.
    3. After the above criteria is met all others will be put into a lottery and names “drawn from the hat”.
  • Because of normal high demand for holiday time, your request for this time period will be subject to a simple rotation procedure that allows a fair opportunity for all members to reserve a holiday vacation.
  • There is a $25 fee to change a confirmed reservation.
  • There is no carry-over or accrual of unused time to subsequent years. Owners not making timely reservations may lose use of their Flex time for that year.
  • If the owner is not able to make satisfactory reservations, they are not relieved of their obligation to pay all assessments and taxes associated with the ownership of the week.
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort Rental Rates - http://www.floridagrandvacations.com/hutchinsonisland/plantation_rates.php

From the 2016 Annual Meeting Minutes
- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByZ8pXNPwzFmTW9YajQ2MUdWdTQ

Projects Completed
  • New BBQ grills
  • Patio furniture replaced
  • Gardenia room renovation
  • Washers and dryers replaced in all units
  • Hot water heaters replaced in all units
  • Window replacement
  • Spa surface was refinished
  • Lanai ceiling fans replaced
Projects to be completed in 2016
  • Unit sliding glass doors to be replaced
  • 13 fire rated windows to be replaced
  • Concrete restoration of the building in phases over five year period
Plantation Beach Club has entered into a Broker agreement with Grand Vacations Realty, LLC to sell certain timeshare inventory owned by the Association. Mrs. Anderson explained the 56 weeks would be sold by direct sales over the phone to existing Hilton Grand Vacations owners for points. Ms. Ciolino will have 35 Association owned weeks remaining to sell.

Q. What is the policy on animals being in-house?
A. Service animals and companion therapy animals are allowed.

Q. Do you have to be in house to use the facilities?
A. Yes, it is not in our bylaws to use the facilities year round.

Q. What will happen to our ownership at Plantation Beach Club in 2024?
A. Attorney Michael Belle will work on a proposed amendment that would change the “40 year” clause to “in perpetuity” unless a super majority of the owners vote to terminate the Association.
Hutchinson Island, Florida
http://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/cities/hutchinson-island.html
http://floridashutchinsonisland.com/index.htm
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34309-Hutchinson_Island_Florida-Vacations.html

Kokolea

Reaction score
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa

I stayed at 2BR Plus(Unit Code: 2BP)of MarBrisa, so I would like to share photos.
Buildings 60 and 61 are 4 stories, 61 is still under construction.
I hope you find my photos informative.

▼HGVC at MarBrisa / Room (#5933)
https://www.flickr.com/gp/131932250@N08/2u03Hj

▼HGVC at MarBrisa / Facilities (Phase 2 Only)
https://www.flickr.com/gp/131932250@N08/39o20K

▼Property Map
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s461...c2cd4f3f5d39/44c3a15a4787335e2c0dbceeed65f094

Attachments

• Book Perfect Rm at MarBrisa.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 140

Kokolea

Reaction score
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

2LK is 2BR and 2LP is 2BR Plus.
The difference is whether it is corner room or not.
2LP (2BR Plus) is corner room.

2 Bedroom (2LK) Size 1,454-1,509 sqft / Accommodates 6 guests
This two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and luxurious master bathroom with a marble-top vanity and whirlpool tub.The living room includes a separate dining area, queen sleeper sofa and 42 inch wall-mounted TV. The full kitchen has upgraded appliances featuring Wolf cooktop and wall oven, Bosch microwave oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster and combination washer/dryer. Please note the 2 Bedroom suite layout consists of a 1 Bedroom suite and Studio sharing a common entry foyer.

2 Bedroom Plus (2LP) Size 1,509 sqft / Accommodates 6 guests
This two-bedroom, two-bathroom plus corner suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and luxurious master bathroom with a marble-top vanity and whirlpool tub. The living room includes a separate dining area, queen sleeper sofa and 42 inch wall-mounted TV. The full kitchen has upgraded appliances featuring Wolf cooktop and wall oven, Bosch microwave oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster and combination washer/dryer. Please note the 2 Bedroom suite layout consists of a 1 Bedroom suite and Studio sharing a common entry foyer.

I stayed at 2BR Plus(2LP)three years ago, so I will link the album for reference. :wave:

▼HGVC at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
https://www.flickr.com/gp/131932250@N08/L742d1

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club of Waikoloa
69-450 Waikoloa Bch Dr.
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Phone: 808-886-7979

Resort Map and Floor Plans

2) Even though there are 2 types of 1 BR floor plans, they have only loaded a code for the smaller 1 BR 1 Bath C floorplan, this represents only 1/3 of the 1 BR available at the resort. The remaining 1 BRs are D floor plans and they are all 1 BR 1.5 Baths. So by putting the lowest level floorplan into the system, you are guarantee at least that, but have a good chance of getting a D floorplan instead.

I am fairly certain that the D floor plan units are actually SMALLER than the C units, not what you have above.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am fairly certain that the D floor plan units are actually SMALLER than the C units, not what you have above.

You are correct. That is what I get for doing too many of those descriptions on the same day. Perhaps GT75 can correct that in the original posting, as it is long past my ability to edit that data.

D is slightly smaller interior, but a slightly larger lanai. C is larger interior, but slightly smaller lanai. I guess they felt that there was not a big enough difference to code them in as separate inventory types as they did NOT code a D unit. As I said 2/3 are C and only 1/3 are Ds. Perhaps they leave most of them for RCI exchangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.