• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jr4seasons

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the bonus! I just submitted a review for Tradewinds Cruise Club - BVI's. It's an article that I wrote and will be published in December 2007.
Scuba Fletch: Was that your article that just appeared in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of TimeSharing Today on TradeWinds Cruise Club?

geneticblend

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best of Quarterly Awards

How does the "Best of the Quarterly Awards" work? When you go to the reveiw pages, and "view details" for the review award, it mentions that you can win an exchange week. What exactly does that mean? (Forgive me if this seems like a dumb question, but I am still new to this site!) Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its alright...

we have a timeshare broker that has the ability to get inventory from a large exchange company if you should find something you are looking for.

you are also given the option now to request a lifetime membership if no acceptable week is found for the winner.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Brian, do you still announce the best reviews in the quarter. I was in the running for the award once, a finalist, but I haven't seen this mentioned again.

You should do a thread every quarter, announcing the finalists and the winner, as soon as a decision is made. It would be more of an incentive to write reviews, and I believe that is your goal, to get more of them.

I am going to have two more reviews in a few more weeks! Then it's off to Hawaii in March/ April for another two weeks. I have lots to write. :)

The TUG lifetime member sounds good to me.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which extension length did my recent review of Grand Mayan in San Jose del Cabo get? I sent it in a week ago and got acknowledgment from TUG that is was received. The resort just opened 3 months ago so few reviews were posted. Thanks, Cathyb

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I received an email today about a membership extension for a review I wrote in September. I was just thrilled!

Thank You so much. I hope that this prompts others to write reviews.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian, do you still announce the best reviews in the quarter. I was in the running for the award once, a finalist, but I haven't seen this mentioned again.

You should do a thread every quarter, announcing the finalists and the winner, as soon as a decision is made. It would be more of an incentive to write reviews, and I believe that is your goal, to get more of them.

I am going to have two more reviews in a few more weeks! Then it's off to Hawaii in March/ April for another two weeks. I have lots to write. :)

The TUG lifetime member sounds good to me.

they do get announced every quarter...however ive not yet received the winner of Q4 from the award manager as of yet. quarter only ended a few days ago =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which extension length did my recent review of Grand Mayan in San Jose del Cabo get? I sent it in a week ago and got acknowledgment from TUG that is was received. The resort just opened 3 months ago so few reviews were posted. Thanks, Cathyb

any 6 month review award will be announced with a specific email to you.

however those are running about a month behind the submissions in terms of notifications.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
they do get announced every quarter...however ive not yet received the winner of Q4 from the award manager as of yet. quarter only ended a few days ago =)

So Brian, where do they get announced? :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The current winner is announced on the homepage...towards the bottom.

also on the review award page (also contains past winners) here http://tug2.net/resortreviewaward.htm

and I generally post the info here in this forum as well.

(of course that member also gets a private email too)

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was the winner of the 3rd quarter award. It was nice to finally win something. I chose the lifetime membership instead of the vacation since my vacation schedule is full for the coming year and wouldn't be able to use it. It's a great incentive for those who enjoy writing reviews. The reviews are so important since they are from other timeshare users points of view. Reviews from other sites of timeshare resorts don't usually give a fair description. To many times they let the weather, timeshare reps, etc etc influence their bad review, and finish up by saying the maid did a great job cleaning, the pool service was great and the grounds well taken care of. Tug reviews tend to be more informative and to the point.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
adding a new item here.

anyone submitting an "update" to a resort...ie a bit of information or change to the existing details/info on the review page thats not in itself a review...will recieve a month extension from me.

Now lets be reasonable here. Spelling errors and such...while nice to point out...would not qualify =)

What I am talking about are new photos...bits of info to add to the resort description tabs...new links about the resort and or local features/attractions for the resort, etc etc.

basically any bit of information about the resort that should be changed or updated (within reason)....and I will grant you a one month extension for its submission and use.

please use the "contact review manager" links on these review pages for these submissions as those emails both go to me...and the review mananger and one of us will do the updating.

This will come on a first come/first serve basis...just to prevent any issues down the road.

(ie if I get 10 emails about a link to a new resturaunt in the hotel...the first submission gets the award).

pictures should be of a usable size between 50 and 250k (please dont send us multi megabyte pictures ;) ) although if you need help resizing them please ask and I will be happy to assist you!

any and all questions should be sent to tug@tug2.net not the review managers themselves as only changes and such should go to them...they will not be responsible for assigning or awarding the bonus months.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Since ads are now free I am assuming these automatically go to membership extensions now.

Is they any way to find out online when our membership expires? and how many referral awards or review extensions we have?

Just wondering.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
when you log into the member only section your current expiration date is displayed at the top of the page.

you can email tug@tug2.net to inquire about unused awards.

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
when you log into the member only section your current expiration date is displayed at the top of the page.

you can email tug@tug2.net to inquire about unused awards.
Brian, I just logged into Sightings/Distressed, which is a member only section, but the current expiration date isn't displayed, only Status: TUG member.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long after you submit a review does it take for it to be published? Is it instant or is there a moderation delay? I ask because I wrote a review a couple days ago and noticed it is still not up.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can take as little as a day, or up to a week depending on the workload of the review manager.

it is not instant however.

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian, the review is now up. Do you automatically add the 6 months to my membership, or do I have to email you, and do I do that now or wait until my membership is to expire?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
6mo review awards usually take a month or two to be awarded.

you will recieve an email notification.

to use your review awards you simply reply to your membership renewal email and ask to have your membership extended using your award.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Trust But Verify.

Do you suppose I could string together a bunch of free TUG membership extensions by sending in lots of fake made-up timeshare reviews ?

How long would it take the Grand Pro to get wise ?

What penalties would the Grand Pro lay on if I got caught ?

( Just wondering -- not planning any shenanigans at the moment. )

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its not all that difficult to pick up on as all reviews get sent to me in an email as they are submitted.