TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky - DRI now accepting deedbacks

Discussion in 'Diamond Resorts International - DRI' started by TUGBrian, Mar 19, 2015.

?

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

1. Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

92 vote(s)
    93.9%
  2. No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Quimby4

Quimby4 TUG Member

Did you get a letter from Chicago Title or DRI basically saying the transaction was finalized ?
    I submitted by notarized paperwork and $250 credit card payment on March 4, 2017, 2 weeks ago. Still showing as owner in DRI system.
    I am EOY so I made sure to pay and book my 2017 week then deposit it into II so I could retain the usage I paid for.
    If you paid for 2017, you should still have a week to use, you arent supposed to lose that week.

2. Fairwinds

Fairwinds TUG Member

I'm happy to report that I received a refund of my 2017 maintenance fees. It didn't take long either! They didn't notify me but I see a credit on the charge card I used.

TUGBrian likes this.
  3. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

always nice to be pleasantly surprised by a developer!

Fairwinds likes this.
  4. tstora

tstora Guest

Yay, I tried logging into my account and received the message, "We have no active membership or ownership for the credentials you supplied."

Updated timeline:
    9/2/16 - Initial e-mail request.
    9/20/16 - Request approved.
    11/29/16 - Paperwork received.
    3/21/17 - Account closed.

I could have finished sooner, but there was a mix-up with the paperwork. The notary public told me it wasn't necessary to have witnesses, and while it may be true in my state, apparently it's not wherever they handle they title for my timeshare, so they sent the paperwork back to me in February. I got the witness signatures and sent the paperwork back, and thankfully everything worked out.

As for the refund, may I ask who everyone contacted to receive theirs?

5. Fairwinds

Fairwinds TUG Member

Simply call the loss mitigation dept. at 1-877-497-7521. They will submit the request for you through the applicable department. My refund showed up as a credit on my charge card monthly statement and was from the resort HOA. So I guess diamond pays them and they pay you??? Anyways, it was quick and easy. For all the sales horror stories (I believe them but never experienced) and the high maintenance fee issues (one reason I left) I must say that they were very professional, polite and efficient throughout this process. Every thing they told me would happen did, including the time line.

6. Michelle Sandhu

Michelle Sandhu Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Monarch Diamond
    Does anyone here own Diamond which took over Monarch? We too requested to return our ownership which we have owned for over 24 years. I just received this email from their mitigation department.

"Dear Michelle Sandhu,

Thank you for your correspondence. Please be advised that neither the
    management company, nor the developer, are taking back ownership within the
    Association.

You may sell your ownership; however, we want to caution you not to work with
    any third party that requests an upfront payment of any kind. When you locate
    a buyer privately or through a third party, the management company will be
    happy to assist you with completing the transfer of ownership. Please note
    that prior to transferring ownership, any loan repayment obligations must be
    satisfied, as well as any fees owed to the Association.

Kind regards,

Shelia"

It is no surprise to me that they lie and say they have no such program for returning ownership or points. Just wondering if anybody was with Diamond Monarch and was able to get out of their contract ....

We just received another email from their loss mitigation department. I'm rather confused as they stated they had no relinquish program...

"Dear Michelle Sandhu,

Please be advised that to relinquish your account you have to qualify. Your
    loan must be paid in full and your maintenance fees must be at a zero balance,
    you have a $439.40 balance.

Kind regards,

Shelia"

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017 at 2:10 PM
  7. Quimby4

Quimby4 TUG Member

I was Monarch Grand deeded owner, not points. Then moved over to Diamond Resorts, still deeded not points.
    In process for deedback to Diamond.
    Waiting for it to finalize.

Are you a points owner ? Is that what she is referring to as Association?

8. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

yes, its been reported in the thread that monarch owners are the only ones sofar who have been turned down when trying to deed their intervals back under this program.

9. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

Sorry Brian BUT that is not true

I was a MGV points owner who was able to give back my pts

I do not know why the other MGV owners may have had their requests refused but in general DRI is taking back MGV ownerships

10. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

while you may certainly have been able to give them back, consistently the only "refusals" ive seen reported were from MGV owners. (including this most recent one)

11. raffa

raffa Guest

Resorts Owned:
    dri european collection
    All members of DRI collection are able to obtain the deedback?

12. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

we suggest sending an email to the appropriate emails listed in the first post to inquire directly if you will be accepted or not.