• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Status of marco island resorts?

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on how the marco island resorts faired?

The storm landed there and I am hoping everyone is ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a trade to club regency nov 25, I am waiting to hear.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We own a couple of Xmas / New Years weeks there. I figured I would wait a couple of weeks and then if they haven't posted anything on their website, I would call. I do hope the staff's homes made it through ok. We have Southwest flights booked, so changing them will not be a problem.

Kurt

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We own a couple of Xmas / New Years weeks there. I figured I would wait a couple of weeks and then if they haven't posted anything on their website, I would call. I do hope the staff's homes made it through ok. We have Southwest flights booked, so changing them will not be a problem.

Kurt
I also own a couple of weeks xmas time. Mine for xmas are on the bay side , sunrise bay resort, versus yours on the ocean side. I think we will know sooner then a couple of weeks the projection how long they will be closed.

Just closed recently on another at Eagles nest, didn't even yet get to enjoy.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You could try to call the resorts directly.
We called Four Winds on Longboat Key and got a recorded message.
They said they were still assessing conditions and would update soon.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like Eagles nest got hit very bad. They don't even know when they will be able to reopen, but I imagine Eagles nest will be out of commission for 6 months to a year given the water and roof damage. I hope they have sufficient insurance and that owners are not hit with a large special assessment.

http://eaglesnest.hgvc.com/

Property is currently closed. Please check back regularly as this alert will be updated daily by 3 p.m. EST.

GOAL DATE TO REOPEN: TBD

09/15/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:07 p.m. Insurance adjusters have evaluated structural damages to the individual units, buildings and grounds. Water has been removed from the elevator shafts. An additional room-by-room inspection was performed to ensure all A/C units remain in working order. The damages around the pool area are being corrected, and the pool pumps have been fixed.

09/14/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:55 p.m. The property has power, water and phone service; however, inbound calls are not being answered at this time.

09/13/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: The property currently does not have power, water or phone service. Although we have done initial assessments, our findings may change once further assessments are completed. At this time, it appears that we do have major structural and water damage, and we are still in process of assessing the extent of the damage. There is roof damage on the villa units, and the tennis court fence is gone. We also had water enter the lobby. In addition, we have extensive structural damage on the 10th floor where the ceiling caved in with crack across the walkway and no railing on the floor. Most, if not all, units have water damage. The property also sustained extensive landscaping damage. We have a contractor working at the resort to complete an initial assessment and begin remediation.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the main benefits of being in hgvc for the SW Florida Resorts is the insurance. While I'm sure the deductible won't be little, the higher unit count at eagles nest will help to spread out the pain from that. As an eagles nest owner, Still not super excited of course....

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still haven't heard the status of Sunrise Bay Resort on Marco Island.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still haven't heard the status of Sunrise Bay Resort on Marco Island.
Is that the resort that left hgvc and joined holiday in.. because they were not happy with how quickly things from a hurricaine were fixed when under hilton. . Well now they can see the difference in service. .

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that the resort that left hgvc and joined holiday in.. because they were not happy with how quickly things from a hurricaine were fixed when under hilton. . Well now they can see the difference in service. .

No, never part of Hgvc. It's a small independent resort on the bay side.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was shell island beach club in sanibel that you're thinking of, I believe.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
http://charterclub.hgvc.com/

Looks like charter club faired a little better.. still no target reopen date :(
Interesting. Before yesterday's update, Charter Club had an expected re-open date of Sep. 23rd. Either found more damage or realized contractors won't be able to be as responsive as they had hoped. In either case, I feel confident that we will not have to change our plans of visiting there for Christmas.

Kurt

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for future reference in this thread, here are links to four of the HGVC Marco Island properties:

Charter Club: http://charterclub.hgvc.com/
Surf Club: http://www.surfclub.hgvc.com/
Club Regency: http://www.clubregency.hgvc.com/
Eagle's Nest: http://eaglesnest.hgvc.com/

Kurt
Charter Club changed from a firm 9/23 opening to TBD because it is always possible that needed repairs could take a little longer, so they did not want to create false hopes by listing a firm date. They are taking things one week at a time.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Charter Club changed from a firm 9/23 opening to TBD because it is always possible that needed repairs could take a little longer, so they did not want to create false hopes by listing a firm date. They are taking things one week at a time.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And now they have taken down the repair updates on all of the resorts' websites except for Surf Club. I really don't care if they have to move the expected re-open dates -- we all know they are doing the best they can and stuff happens. It would be nice to keep some updates on the sites though...

Kurt

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have nov 25 check in at Club regency. I am combining my deposits this month, if I am loosing the vacation, I would like to combine those tpus also, I paid for points protection

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'm thinking 'bout trying to book Marco for next Summer.
I figure that, by then, they'll have things sorted out and the area ill be relatively normal.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From Sunrise Bay Resort....
Dear Sunrise Bay Owner,

We know many of you have been trying to reach us. First and foremost, all the staff and their families made it through the storm. Some have property damage, but nothing unrecoverable.

Hurricane Irma was not nice to our Resort. We have damage to our roof, dock, pool, office, rec room, and the units. Knowing that you would all like to know what is happening at your home away from home, this is what we can tell you:

We are in the cleanup process and we are doing a lot with the help of our many loyal vendors. Although the roof was compromised, it has had its emergency repairs completed and we are safe from further water damages in that respect.

There was a lot of glass that was compromised, but we are in process of getting all of it repaired/replaced. Most of the rooms had minimal damage from the storm as we were able to secure the building very well ahead of time.

The office and rec room have water damage, but nothing we can’t remedy. Some power was restored mid-day Saturday, full power by Monday morning. The staff is working hard to get everything put back together. We have a makeshift office in place, however, the phones are not working yet. You may find a busy, constant ring, or even to leave a message; we don’t know, as we cannot retrieve calls yet. When they are up and running, you will be asked to leave a message only if it is an emergency. Please be considerate, and wait a couple of weeks or so for any conversation.

We are hoping to reopen as soon as possible, but as of today, we are not sure if it will be in 3 weeks, 4 weeks or longer. We will update you as we can. Please check the website as we will post updates there beginning September 21st.

Paula A. Warner, Manager

for the Board of Directors

Sunrise Bay Resort & Club

10 Tampa Place

Marco Island, FL 34146-2136

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, thanks for the update for Sunrise Bay. The note says there will be updates on their website -- can you post the link to their website? Thanks!

Kurt

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And now they have taken down the repair updates on all of the resorts' websites except for Surf Club. I really don't care if they have to move the expected re-open dates -- we all know they are doing the best they can and stuff happens. It would be nice to keep some updates on the sites though...

Kurt

Looks like they have put back the updates. Here's the latest on Eagle's Nest. I have Week 51 reservation. Any guess of it will be open by then? Looks like they are making good progress.

Property is currently closed. Please check back regularly as this alert will be updated daily by 3 p.m. EST.

GOAL DATE TO REOPEN: TBD

09/20/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:45 p.m. Water intrusion remediation to the Villa units is complete and re-construction has begun. The fallen ceilings near elevators on the 10th floor are being removed, and remediation of lower the floors is in process. The cooling tower and Villa A/C units have been cleaned. The grounds lighting is being assessed. Housekeeping is removing and rewashing all linens from units. Front desk staff have called owners of weeks 38 and 39 advising that we are closed. Subsequent weeks will be contacted regarding closure as more timing information becomes available.

09/19/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 3:00 p.m. The structural engineer performed an initial site assessment and authorized debris removal on the 10th floor. Water intrusion remediation continues, and contractors have mapped areas of water intrusion in 42 of 63 tower units and 8 villa units.

09/18/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:38 p.m. Tree service has completed initial emergency passage cleanup at north side of property. Water remediation contractors continue their assessment.

09/17/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:32 p.m. The tree service company has begun passage cleanup at the south side of the property. Water intrusion remediation contractors are on-site.

09/16/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:47 p.m. The roofing company has secured temporary protection to damaged roof areas. The tree service company has completed its initial assessment and will be on-site through the weekend to begin emergency clean-up. In addition, debris clean-up and housekeeping has also begun.

09/15/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:07 p.m. Insurance adjusters have evaluated structural damages to the individual units, buildings and grounds. Water has been removed from the elevator shafts. An additional room-by-room inspection was performed to ensure all A/C units remain in working order. The damages around the pool area are being corrected, and the pool pumps have been fixed.

09/14/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 2:55 p.m. The property has power, water and phone service; however, inbound calls are not being answered at this time.

09/13/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: The property currently does not have power, water or phone service. Although we have done initial assessments, our findings may change once further assessments are completed. At this time, it appears that we do have major structural and water damage, and we are still in process of assessing the extent of the damage. There is roof damage on the villa units, and the tennis court fence is gone. We also had water enter the lobby. In addition, we have extensive structural damage on the 10th floor where the ceiling caved in with crack across the walkway and no railing on the floor. Most, if not all, units have water damage. The property also sustained extensive landscaping damage. We have a contractor working at the resort to complete an initial assessment and begin remediation.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
With regard to the repairs, hgvc website is a little wonky. Hit refresh if you don't see the update page.