*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

St. John-SVN trade

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by Transit, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Transit

Transit TUG Member

Waitlisted again today fro 6/15. I was offered WKORV this was very tempting. It's good to see at least the rest of SVN resorts at least have some openings for staroption trades.

2. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    If you get in for week 24 - let us know - we could meet up for a Painkiller or Bushwacker (2 infamous drinks in the VIs)

3. Stefa

Stefa TUG Member

I was offered Princeville when I called for June 13, but my crazy husband doesn't want to go back to Kauai. I can't wait until Aruba opens. We may have to upgrade to EY...

4. Stefa

Stefa TUG Member

Thanks for the information. I'll keep trying. Hopefully I'll either get into WSJ or I'll persuade my better half to try Kauai again.

5. tomandrobin

tomandrobin TUG Member

Aruba is pretty high on our list too. May even be on the shopping list, if MF's are not too outrageous!

6. Transit

Transit TUG Member

Sounds toxic........:D

7. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    Yes - quite toxic. Robin loves the Bushwhacker - it is tough to tell that it contains lots of EtOH. If you ever get to STJ - make sure you get over to White Bay on Jost Van Dyke (BVI - bring passport) - for some reason they seem to go down easier over there.

8. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    I called last Saturday morning (again) for WSJ week 25 availablity. We are trying to get a Fri check-in for week 25 or week 23 (which I called to 2 weeks ago) - to go along with our week 24. We were wait-listed both times - they said they could not see what postion we were on the waitlist. Most likely I will drop off in the next couple of weeks since I need to use these unused SOs for our late-2008 reservation at WKORV.

The reservation system on Saturday morning and everything seemed to be working fine (as to the other thread about problems calling in)

I used the Elite line - I find the reservation associates to be more aware of the SVO/SVN system than the general line. One advantage to being Elite - although the advatage of being 4* Elite is that you can hold a reservation and be waitlisted without having available SOs. Not a big deal for us - it was just be nice to have 2 weeks in STJ.

They also told me that there were no 1 Bd units available - and so we only waitlisted for the 2 Bd for both weeks.

I really think there is something going on with reserving WSJ than meets the eye. As I wrote before - when we are there on week 24 there seems to be a lot of unused units or people staying in the TS part that were intending to stay at the Hotel-part of the resort but were upgraded. I really do not see how this is possible and still tell people trying to perform a SO exchange that there is no availability. Also - strange is that there are a lot more 1Bd units than 2d units, but no 1Bd availability...

9. Transit

Transit TUG Member

I was was able to get my wait list for week 25 in this morning. My email res. from yesterday's mess still hasn't gotten a responce. When I was trying to get through by calling SPG I was offered ocean front for 13500 Sp's per night with the 5th night free option,I declined. If nessesary I'll use 12,000 sp's garden veiw and hope for an upgrade.I have plenty of time to wait this out. Worst case senarios: I deposit with II or exchange to Starpoints.This is one of the benefits of SVN is that there are plenty of options. While I was weighing my options I did notice a lot of new Starwood hotels many of them Westins. St. Lucia stands out as a must do ( check out the 14th hole).

10. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    A know of a tugger who is interested in renting their week 25 (Sun-Sun) - 2 Bd/3ba unit. I think they used SVO last June and probably didn't get much for it. Perhaps they would be interested in renting it for the MFs.

11. Transit

Transit TUG Member

Interesting waitlist development today. When I called for my weekly waitlist:D ...1 bedrooms were all taken for waitlisting .This is the first time in 8 weeks of waitlisting this happened . Are folks giving up on 2-3 bedrooms or just trying to use leftover staroptions?

12. Transit

Transit TUG Member

Access granted

My wait list for St John came through today I got a 1 bedroom for week 24.It seemed like forever but I held tight.:D

13. tomandrobin

tomandrobin TUG Member

congratulations!

14. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    That is great to hear - congrats - we will be there for week 24 also - perhaps we could all meet-up for a drink at the pool bar.

15. Transit

Transit TUG Member

Thanks for the congrats and thanks to the tuggers who provided the helpfull info on how to nail these things down. D&R your on for that drink.:D .SVN has it's faults but it does work if your flexable.

16. LisaRex

LisaRex TUG Member

So it seems that the chances of me getting a 2 or 3 bdrm in Oct/Nov '09 is very remote indeed.

Rats!

17. Transit

Transit TUG Member

I would try anyway,They are building more 2 bedrooms as we speak ,something can always come up.I think Oct/Nov are the most available months for just about all of Starwood.

18. oneohana

oneohana TUG Member

Don't count that out. Back in '05 I got a 2bed the week after Thanksgiving. The day after I made all the flight reservations, my wife informed me that she was pregnant and her due date was during that time.

19. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    There are just more studio and 1 Bd villas than 2Bd and 3Bd villas in the VG section. However, with the (eventual) opening of the BV section - I would expect more 2Bd and 3Bd villas becoming available (since they are all 2-3Bd villas).